Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bedo2991
A new feature I am considering implementing is to make available different "presets" for the road colors (and maybe for the tolls, restrictions, etc..., too).

For sure something like:
"SVL Standard" (the current one),
"WME Colors" (will use the current colors of the WME Road Layer, when possible).

If there are people with different kinds of color blindness who would like to share their settings, please do. In the best case, if you want also privately, with the exact kind of color blindness (Protan, Deutan, Tritan...).

The same holds if you think you have really cool color settings that other people should admire/use too, please give it a name and post them here.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Themes (SVL Standard and WME Colors) released in v. 5.0.8.

5.0.7 added a feature to highlight new elements in the preference panels, to find them more easily.
508.png
(193.26 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Horizon911 wrote: 1. Road themes: Predefined, but user can customize them as wanted. (Expected? I think so.)
You can change the single colors after setting one. So far is not planned that you can export one set. If you want to add it to the presets I need to add it to the script (see a couple of posts back)
Horizon911 wrote: 2. Reset button does not reset theme customizations. (Is that expected?)
No, that's a bug. Thanks
Horizon911 wrote: 3. It would be nice to have an option to "Use XX% real-life Width" (for me 50%, or better 30% :) )
May think about it, but it rather kills the use of real-life width if it's not real anymore. And the problem is that the speed limit and other decoration lines would also get smaller and become even less visibile.
Horizon911 wrote: 4. Street names density: I do not fully understand the behavior of this setting/control, however it would be nice to be able to see the street name at least once between geometry nodes. (if it fits)
Yes, street names need to be improved. Somewhen, between a long ToDo list.
Horizon911 wrote: 5. Any plans for replacing WME's functionality for manipulation w/ selected segments? (e.g. by having custom line thickness, custom node size and more then anything: Not being as flawed as the native WME functionality (Which -at least for me- gets often stuck on the different zoom leave, than the rest of screen. :D )
Explain this one better, please.
I'm trying to keep the road layer as a road layer, and not as an interface enhancer. For that, other scripts (e.g. Fix UI) would probably be more suitable.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Mapman44 wrote:I have problems though with roads going a little crazy if I zoom in while I have a road selected. Usually I have to zoom back out, de-select, zoom back in and re-select. Am I doing some wrong or is that bug?
I can't reproduce that, probably it's another script conflicting.
Does it happen all the time or only with certain segments?
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Horizon911 wrote: I use following scripts:
* SVL
* WME - Magic
* WME Bookmarks
* WME Clear Feed
* WME ClickSaver
* WME Fix UI
* WME Open Other Maps
* WME Place Interface Enhancer.
* WME Reload Map Position Fix.
* WME Road selector
* WME Street to River PLUS
* WME StreetvVew availability
* SVL
* WME ClickSaver
* WME StreetView availability
I have those in common currently enabled and it works fine. I also had magic enabled for some time and it worked, too.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
SVL doesn't do anything to the road layer, it only turns it on and off sometimes. It shouldn't have any power of shifting its location.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Horizon911 wrote: 2. [Reset] button does not reset theme customizations. (Is that expected?)
I can't reproduce it anymore. Is this still happening?
If yes:
- does it happen also when SVL is the only script enabled?
- what are the exact steps to reproduce it?
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Horizon911 wrote: (Customization of theme is allowed but does not survive page reload.)
If you save, it survives the page reload.
Or do you mean that you want to switch continuously between theme A and B and still keep your previous changes?

SVL currently just applies the theme, then you can change it as you like and it saves whatever configuration you have when you press "save".

If you apply a theme again, it reapplies the theme default colors.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
whatismoss wrote:Hey, is it possible to add a setting to hide the 'Routing mode' box when the option is toggled in ?
https://mosshost.000webhostapp.com/imag ... g-mode.png
Also maybe add a segment decoration that shows up on segments with routing preferences. Thanks !
Now in Version 5.0.9 it is!
  • Added that option
  • Improved the routing panel style and functionality
  • Code refactoring and bug fixes (Lanes opacity option was not persistent)
About the decoration, let's say that there is already a kind of decoration. The road name is in the original street style, when in routing mode. Maybe I could do the opposite when not in routing mode...
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
What's coming next?

On the issue tracker since 2016...

Localisation! - If you'd like to help with translations, please request access to this google document (you could add the language(s) you can translate in the request comment).

Only languages which are already available in the WME are supported.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message