Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SeveriorumPatrem
I posted some time ago about imported settings not taking effect until a refresh was done. No one else was having that? Even then, those settings were lost the next time you did a browser tab refresh.

Now I've hit a point where imports won't take at all.

This is just me, really?

Would love some troubleshooting help if someone could tell me where to look.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Already confirmed it to be failing with all other scripts disabled - but I've failed to take that step before so I appreciate the reminder!

Just discovered that it is apparently the format of my saved settings causing the problem. Saving a new text string and reloading it works fine. I've run into that before when Notepad had Word Wrap enabled, but ruled out this time. I'm left to guess that a script update changed the import/export format ever so slightly somehow?

Unrelated, but repeating a previous request, per the screenshot below, to either make the options control box smaller, movable, or resizable, since even on moderate resolutions it runs off the bottom of the screen and there's nothing you can do about it.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
I'm having an issue where SVL is placing a black line down the center of every segment on WME. I hunted everywhere before I found this to be the source, and the only way I was able to clear it up was to reset to the default colors, but then changing literally any SVL setting at all puts the black line down the center of every segment again.

Tested and verified with all other extensions and scripts disabled.

Help?
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Thanks for reassuring me that I wasn't losing my mind, and for the temporary fix!
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
The recent change to SVL regarding the interface for setting colors is pretty cool looking and makes choosing a custom color much easier (thank you!), but is also sort of problematic for some uses.

When wanting to select the same (new) color for several street types, there's no easy way to do so. Used to be a grid of colors and it was easy to pick the same one. You can get sort of close by dragging the color picker, but getting the same color on all is impossible without typing in the RGB color codes. Which leads to a second issue.... if you're going to type in RGB color codes, it would be helpful if the text in each box would highlight upon tabbing in. Presently when you tab from R to G to B, the cursor comes in at the end of the text string, and you have to hit the backspace to clear the old RGB number out.

If the option cannot be restored to choose between color picker or grid, can we at least get the RGB fields to preselect text when tabbing through them?

Thanks for your consideration.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Interesting. OK, does anyone know how to flip it back?
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by sketch
Very nice! Perhaps a little decluttering of the road names ;)

http://i.imgur.com/59rucLxl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BH5yrBsl.jpg

Looking forward to the color change panel.

Also, I know not everyone likes this feature of the new road layer, but it would also be nice to have the road name text match the road type color (as an option), especially if it's not possible to make OpenLayers show the text at an angle along the road.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Very slick using the attribution bar to change ;) The only problem, you can't change colors with satellite imagery turned off! :o
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
papok wrote: - Would be nice to be able to change the width of the roads.
You can do this – just change the number in the configuration panel.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
bedo2991 wrote:Version 0.5
  • Labels are shifted slightly toward north, in order to see also the arrow below the names and the labels don't cover the segment if it is horizontal.
5.jpg
Hey, this one is a nice idea, but a little confusing in practice.. it seems like the names are a little too far away from the road. It's kind of hard to tell what names goes to what roads. Also, as I'm seeing now, sometimes the name goes to the north, sometimes to the south. It seems it would be a little less confusing if at least they all went the same direction.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message