Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by herrchin
Timbones wrote:Will this work for us in the UK as well?
We use imperial units too, and would benefit from a larger separation of colours for limits that are only 10 mph different. However, common speed limits here are all multiples of 10, i.e. 20, 30, 40, 50, etc.
Yes, my modifications should work without any further changes. If you'd like to adjust the reference scale to be on the "10s" instead of the "5s", in this section:

Code: Select all

for(var k=W.prefs.attributes.isImperial?9:15; k>1; k--){
        if (W.prefs.attributes.isImperial)
        { $speedLimits.append($('<span style="color:hsl('+getColorSpeed((k*10-5)*1.609344)+',100%,50%)">'+(k*10-5)+' </span>')); }
        else { $speedLimits.append($('<span style="color:hsl('+getColorSpeed(k*10)+',100%,50%)">'+k*10+' </span>')); }
    }
change the longest line to be instead the following (drop both "minus 5" bits):

Code: Select all

{ $speedLimits.append($('<span style="color:hsl('+getColorSpeed((k*10)*1.609344)+',100%,50%)">'+(k*10)+' </span>')); }
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by herrchin
bedo2991 wrote:Quickly created one here: https://github.com/bedo2991/svl
Awesome! I've merged in my color changes for imperial units since that's just a universal fix. I'll see about re-implementing some of the other changes I proposed as user options, since they're a significant deviation from your existing representation of speed limit text (unless you'd rather they be the new default format...)
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by herrchin
bedo2991 wrote:I've got a new PC and now the shortcut is not working for me :(.
I didn't have that keyboardShortcuts key in the list before installing toolbox. Afterwards I've noticed that it is correctly set as shown by someone previously in this topic. It is the only one with that value.
I'm currently using chrome and Windows 10.
Any hint to make it work again?
Mine hasn't worked for a long time. I wonder if this provides any hints as to the fix? It says in the hotkey list "Toggle [missing "en.layers.name.vectorStreet" translation]". I also can't change what hotkey is assigned there; it's stuck on ALT+L (which doesn't work. I've also verified that toggleStreet(Vector) is set to 4,76
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by herrchin
registerShortcuts became _registerShortcuts (note underscore). There may be more...
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Horizon911
Just received the newest version (5.0.8) and it's a major progress, thanks for it!
Observations/thoughts:
1. Road themes: Predefined, but user can customize them as wanted. (Expected? I think so.)
2. [Reset] button does not reset theme customizations. (Is that expected?)
3. It would be nice to have an option to "Use XX% real-life Width" (for me 50%, or better 30% :) )
4. Street names density: I do not fully understand the behavior of this setting/control, however it would be nice to be able to see the street name at least once between geometry nodes. (if it fits)

5. Any plans for replacing WME's functionality for manipulation w/ selected segments? (e.g. by having custom line thickness, custom node size and more then anything: Not being as flawed as the native WME functionality (Which -at least for me- gets often stuck on the different zoom leave, than the rest of screen. :D )
Horizon911
Send a message

Post by Horizon911
bedo2991 wrote:
Horizon911 wrote:
Horizon911 wrote: 5. Any plans for replacing WME's functionality for manipulation w/ selected segments? (e.g. by having custom line thickness, custom node size and more then anything: Not being as flawed as the native WME functionality (Which -at least for me- gets often stuck on the different zoom leave, than the rest of screen. :D )
Explain this one better, please.
I'm trying to keep the road layer as a road layer, and not as an interface enhancer. For that, other scripts (e.g. Fix UI) would probably be more suitable.
Sure, understood. The aim is to:
1. Get some improvements. (e.g. Get A. Color B. Node size C. NodeFill color+opacity C. Line+NodeOutline thickness configurable; ideally in-line w/ SVL configurations.)
2. Avoid native's tooling defective behavior... Example can be seen on this picture. Everything is at zoom level 8, while the selection lines are at a different zoom level. (6, perhaps?) Pretty frequent issue.

One more thing: In SVL settings, there is "Render Map as Level"... It took me very long time to understand to realize what is it about... i.e. "Editor level" and not to "Zoom level". :)
Horizon911
Send a message
Last edited by Horizon911 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Horizon911
Mapman44 wrote:
bedo2991 wrote:
Mapman44 wrote:I have problems though with roads going a little crazy if I zoom in while I have a road selected. Usually I have to zoom back out, de-select, zoom back in and re-select. Am I doing some wrong or is that bug?
I can't reproduce that, probably it's another script conflicting.
Does it happen all the time or only with certain segments?

I haven't been able to determine any particular pattern. I will do some trouble-shooting with other scripts disabled after MapRaid.
This is EXACTLY the defective I am referring to. It happens randomly, it's very difficult to reproduce and it's very annoying.

So for the refernce, I use following scripts:
* SVL
* WME - Magic
* WME Bookmarks
* WME Clear Feed
* WME ClickSaver
* WME Fix UI
* WME Open Other Maps
* WME Place Interface Enhancer.
* WME Reload Map Position Fix.
* WME Road selector
* WME Street to River PLUS
* WME StreetvVew availability
Horizon911
Send a message

Post by Horizon911
Sooo, I disabled WME ClickSaver, and WME Streetview Availability. I was not editing too much but now I ended up with this. What you can see in the picture:
  • SVL, map and comments displayed shown on the expected zoom-level.
  • WME-roads displayed on the wrong zoom-level. (Level 1)
In this situation: You can zoom in and out, but WME's-roads zoom-level does not change. (Only when you reach the zoom-level, where it got frozen, it can get fixed.

It seems, that it's exactly the same issue, which affects zooming of road "highlights". (Therefore, it would be nice to have that mechanism replaced by "highlighting" working consistently with SVL. :) )
Horizon911
Send a message

Post by Horizon911
bedo2991 wrote:SVL doesn't do anything to the road layer, it only turns it on and off sometimes. It shouldn't have any power of shifting its location.
Sure, sure, no blame to SVL. I was just illustrating, how flawed the road layer is and why I want to get rid of it completely. (Hoping that SVL can help to do that.) :)
Horizon911
Send a message

Post by Horizon911
bedo2991 wrote:
Horizon911 wrote: 2. [Reset] button does not reset theme customizations. (Is that expected?)
I can't reproduce it anymore. Is this still happening?
If yes:
- does it happen also when SVL is the only script enabled?
- what are the exact steps to reproduce it?
Drilling little bit deeper...

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open SVL settings.
2. Select WME colors theme.
3. Modify primary road color to red.
4. [Save]

What happens:
5. When user switches between themes, the customized road colors change according to user's customization.
6. After reloading the page (f5): When user switches between themes, all the colors are as pre-defined by author.
(Customization of theme is allowed but does not survive page reload.)

What I expect to happen:
5. When user switches between themes, all the colors are as pre-defined by author.
6. After reloading the page (f5): When user switches between themes, all the colors are as pre-defined by author.
(Customization NOT allowed.)
OR

5. When user switches between themes, the customized road colors change according to user's customization.
6. After reloading the page (f5): When user switches between themes, the customized road colors change according to user's customization.
(Customization allowed.)

Note:
I did not observe any influence of [Reset] on the behavior. :)
Horizon911
Send a message