Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Speeds

Post by martinkolar
The script highlights segment color by set speed (by 10 kph).
speeds.png
Speeds colors
(43.84 KiB) Downloaded 5127 times
Dashed segment:
* pink - segment has set only one speed (but segment is two-way)
* dashed with speed color - segment has different speed color for A-B and B-A (color by lower speed)
scree-wme-2.jpg
screen
(188.45 KiB) Downloaded 5128 times
You can download here: https://greasyfork.org/cs/scripts/12402-wme-speeds

Btw. It's just a simple script for adding speeds to WME.
martinkolar
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:7953277

Send a message

Post by MartijnKeizer
I'm having some issues with the newest version of the script. In the Netherlands, Private Roads cannot be set to a certain speed limit, however when using the script to highlight segments without speed limits set, the private roads get tagged too.
When using the script in this mode, the option to use a transparent overlay doesn't work either. These two issues combined make it pretty much impossible to work with this script, as private roads are used fairly frequently, and we're at 80-90% for speed limits for all normal segments. Could these issues be addressed?

Thanks,
Martijn
MartijnKeizer
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by martinkolar
vince1612 wrote:Currently you may have two different colors for a *10 group
40 is pink red while 41-50 is light red and 51 is green. That could be a bit confusing to always remember when looking at the colors.
Thanks for suggestion. Maybe I will make change to highlight not decimal number (e.g. big dashes), because (I hope) decimal number is standard and speeds like 35kmph or 15kmph (17kmph :-) ) are not normal.
martinkolar
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by martinkolar
New version with new dashes style:
dashes.jpg
dashes
(62.23 KiB) Downloaded 5009 times
1. Different speeds for directions, both speeds are decimal (color by lower speed).
2. Different speeds for directions, one speed are not decimal (color by lower speed).
3. One speed missing (hard set pink color)
4. Speeds are same, but not decimal (on one-way segment one non-decimal speed).
martinkolar
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by martinkolar
Bill473 wrote:30 mph is dashed, 31 mph is solid. 55 mph is dashed, 56 mph is solid. 45 and 70 (and the speeds near them) are all dashed.

I think it's possible to allow miles/hour speeds.I think you need speeds like 10, 15, 20, 25, 30… to 80? 85? Or how much is maximum speed in mph?
martinkolar
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by martinkolar
Okey, new version is out.

1) new tab with colors and some easy settings
2) support miles (dashes is only in non-divisible 5 miles/hour segments) and max speed is 85
3) highlight segments with no speed
4) highlight segments, which cant set speeds, but it has (for example: segment with speed (street) updated to railroard)

5) Available language translation
martinkolar
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by martinkolar
Olestas wrote:Yeah, did not know this, because had this installed. But other editors are also asking...
I have some problems in CZ without Chat Addon. Maybe there is some way to make script without this and I try it.
martinkolar
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by martinkolar
New version

- SK translation (if you want translate for your country, send me PM please :))
- Smaller tab icon - Europe speed sign with "S" - viewtopic.php?f=819&t=165491
- Option for transparent speed colors (thanks "jrcuelloalcaraz" - we had try this option previously, but now, when the script has some options is possible)
- Saving options to local storage
- Now Script don't need Chat Addon (I hope!)
martinkolar
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by martinkolar
new version:

Highlight unverified speeds on segment.
martinkolar
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by martinkolar
New version

Better speeds in tab
Now script ignore speeds in dirt road - Maybe for some states I can enable, but set speed on this road in Europe is… bad :-)
martinkolar
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message