Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Speeds

Post by
The script highlights segment color by set speed (by 10 kph).
speeds.png
Dashed segment:
* pink - segment has set only one speed (but segment is two-way)
* dashed with speed color - segment has different speed color for A-B and B-A (color by lower speed)
scree-wme-2.jpg
You can download here: https://greasyfork.org/cs/scripts/12402-wme-speeds

Btw. It's just a simple script for adding speeds to WME.

POSTER_ID:7953277

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I can manually update the file to change the colors, but it would be great to have a built-in customization. For the US, for example, we have many states with maps for state/us routes and freeways with the speed limits. Making the colors match the state DOT map would be cool and make comparisons a lot easier.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by andrcondon
Thanks for this useful script.
I'f find also useful an option to highlight segments with no speed limit set. Is there plans to implement options for the script?

Thanks
andrcondon
Map Editor - Level 6
Map Editor - Level 6
Send a message

Post by andrcondon
Olestas wrote:Why would you want to highlight the ones without speed limits, if it is easy to see them, because they currently are NOT highlighted? :D
Because is difficult to spot isolated segments you missed setting the speed when most of the screen is highlighted.
Anyway, in the beta editor the color highlight script implemented it, so it's covered now.
Gracias!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
andrcondon
Map Editor - Level 6
Map Editor - Level 6
Send a message

Post by andrcondon
Hi. With the latest update in WME, I can't turn the script layer on to use it.

Thank you
andrcondon
Map Editor - Level 6
Map Editor - Level 6
Send a message

Post by Bill473
Thanks for a very useful script. It's very helpful in visualizing what segments have speeds set and what those speeds are.

I do have a problem with Dash style 4 ("non-decimal" speeds) since I'm in a miles/hour country.

30 mph is dashed, 31 mph is solid. 55 mph is dashed, 56 mph is solid. 45 and 70 (and the speeds near them) are all dashed.

I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done about this for miles/hour countries. If not, I'd suggest not trying to use Dash Style 4 for us.

Again, thanks. And sorry we're not metric. :roll:
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
martinkolar wrote:
I think it's possible to allow miles/hour speeds.I think you need speeds like 10, 15, 20, 25, 30… to 80? 85? Or how much is maximum speed in mph?
There are some areas in Texas with a maximum speed of 85 miles/hour.

Thanks for considering this.
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
I'm getting a message that:
WME Speeds needs WME Chat addon - instal or enable - https://greasyfork.org/scripts/2103-wme-chat-addon
I don't have it installed and wonder why it is required.
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
foxitrot wrote:
MartijnKeizer wrote:however when using the script to highlight segments without speed limits set, the private roads get tagged too.
Sure they do. A Private Road segment has its SL attribute like any other segment type.
I believe Martijn's point is that tagging missing speed limits is very helpful in finding segments that should be updated.
However, since private roads should not have speed limits, it isn't helpful to tag them.
Rather than tagging "no speed limit", it should be "no speed limit on a segment that should have a speed limit".
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by dude463
Thanks for all the work you do.
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.

Post by foxitrot
Similarly. Greasemonkey icon has a list of check boxes.

Okrauss, there is also an entry in the Layers list.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).