[Script] WME Speeds

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Speeds

Postby martinkolar » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:07 am

Big thanks to FZ69617 - he make new version.

Now you can see both speeds on segments who have different speed.
Add Polish language translation.
Fix some bugs and stability issues.

Thank you!
martinkolar
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Olestas » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:15 am

Maybe it is possible to show different speeds on same segment not with dashed line, but with two lines on different sides of segment? To know which direction which speeds is?
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

GC: Latvia
Coordinator: Latvia
Country manager (Full coverage): Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus/Russia/Ukraine
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby FZ69617 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:45 am

Olestas wrote:Maybe it is possible to show different speeds on same segment not with dashed line, but with two lines on different sides of segment? To know which direction which speeds is?

Sure, everything is possible having enough amount of time. :D

Drawing a separate speed limit indicators at each side of the segment was also my initial idea. :) But, aside even non-trivial task related to implement it, the result would probably cause a slow down in rendering of the map. I also afraid, that it would not finally help too much, since you can easily check what a speed limit for each direction is with a single click selecting the segment.

The primary intent behind a dashed/dotted lines is in a quick visual indication that something is potentially wrong with a speed limits specified, and likely requires the editor's intervention.

Here are an examples of the line styles indicating various speed limit combinations you can see on the map, together with a short description:

[ img ]

-- Edit --
Replaced picture attachement somehow externally changed.
Last edited by FZ69617 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby MartijnKeizer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:52 am

I'm having some issues with the newest version of the script. In the Netherlands, Private Roads cannot be set to a certain speed limit, however when using the script to highlight segments without speed limits set, the private roads get tagged too.
When using the script in this mode, the option to use a transparent overlay doesn't work either. These two issues combined make it pretty much impossible to work with this script, as private roads are used fairly frequently, and we're at 80-90% for speed limits for all normal segments. Could these issues be addressed?

Thanks,
Martijn
MartijnKeizer
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby foxitrot » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:06 am

MartijnKeizer wrote:In the Netherlands, Private Roads cannot be set to a certain speed limit,

In no country a Private Road segment's SL can be set directly, but it is possible when temporarily using other segment type.

MartijnKeizer wrote: private roads are used fairly frequently,

If the real roads (for which you are using Private segments) do have speed limits, and I assume they do, I'd recommend setting them (with the mentioned workaround) and help us convincing the devs and Support to remove this weird limitation from "Other-drivables" segments.

MartijnKeizer wrote:however when using the script to highlight segments without speed limits set, the private roads get tagged too.

Sure they do. A Private Road segment has its SL attribute like any other segment type.

MartijnKeizer wrote:When using the script in this mode, the option to use a transparent overlay doesn't work either. These two issues combined make it pretty much impossible to work with this script, [...] and we're at 80-90% for speed limits for all normal segments. Could these issues be addressed?

The script would possibly require a bit more checkboxes and a different highlighting logic.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby FZ69617 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:45 pm

@MartijnKeizer, I just submitted a new version of the script to the @martinkolar's source code repository. A new version adds transparency option support to all the highlights the script provides. I believe this will solve your issue.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby kelemvor33 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:43 am

Is there any way I can modify something so that I can see the speeds of small streets when I'm zoomed out a bit further than it works for now? I like to scan for whole subdivisions that have no speeds and that would be easier if I could zoom out 1 or 2 more steps from where they stop showing up currently.

Or possibly not because the editor doesn't send that date for those segments when you're zoomed out. :( I'll try zooming the whole browser and see what that does.

Thanks.
kelemvor33
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Bill473 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:55 am

foxitrot wrote:
MartijnKeizer wrote:however when using the script to highlight segments without speed limits set, the private roads get tagged too.

Sure they do. A Private Road segment has its SL attribute like any other segment type.

I believe Martijn's point is that tagging missing speed limits is very helpful in finding segments that should be updated.
However, since private roads should not have speed limits, it isn't helpful to tag them.
Rather than tagging "no speed limit", it should be "no speed limit on a segment that should have a speed limit".
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Large area manager: NW Ohio USA
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby foxitrot » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:52 pm

I understand you, I just strongly disagree with both parts of your sentence:
Bill473 wrote:However, since private roads should not have speed limits, it isn't helpful to tag them.

This was just a very bad idea on Waze side to block the possibility to directly set these segment types' SL.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Olestas » Mon May 16, 2016 1:51 pm

I see black and white dashed line on segments without speedlimits, please add option to disable it.. it block view of segment types...
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

GC: Latvia
Coordinator: Latvia
Country manager (Full coverage): Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus/Russia/Ukraine
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts