[Script] WME Speedhelper

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Speedhelper

Postby gertbroos » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:22 am

Update 0.4.4

• Added Guam
  • Added Slovenia

I'm looking into the suggestions made by everyone.
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:02 pm

bures wrote:
gertbroos wrote:I'm looking into the suggestions made by everyone.

Are you thinking about speed personalization? I think that user could set your own set of speeds. New version should not rewrite this settings.

That's also an option, but I was more thinking in the area of allowing an indivual to hide one or more of the suggested speed options for his/her country, if they don't use them frequently enough (to save space on screen). This will be obviously only helpful with countries that have a lot of different speeds...

I could make an extra option, so that users could also add speeds, but those speeds would be saved locally, and are not available cross-browser, so you need to set them again on each pc / browser, or if you remove cookies...

So many options :)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 pm

Overwriting the speed settings won't be a problem, as all user defined settings are stored in specific variables, made for this use... (LocalStorage)

Now I only have 500 things on my TODO list :lol: Just kidding... I can't say when it will be added to the script though, so no ETA, but I think it will be faster than "soon" 8-)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Update 0.4.5

• Added Belarus
  • Changes in speedlimits for Serbia
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:01 pm

Update 0.4.6

• Added Botswana
  • Added South Africa
  • Added Malaysia
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:08 pm

DLLHell wrote:Thanks for SpeedHelper, it's amazing and saves tons of time!

One request: if possible, it would be great if SpeedHelper would refuse to set the speed on segments that are locked above the user's Level.

I go along editing Level 3 roads (as I'm a Level 3) and then save them when I have a bunch saved up. But sometimes along the way I hit a Level 4 segment or two at an intersection without noticing them, and SpeedHelper sets the speed....even though the fields are grayed out because the segment is locked for me.

The problem is that then when I go to save, WME refuses to do it and I have to undo all the changes since the bad segment, which is sometimes a lot, then re-do them.

If SpeedHelper can check to see if the field is grayed out for whatever reason and if so refuse to set it, that would be a direct way of avoiding the problem.

I will certainly look into this... I'm not queuing a lot of changes before I hit save, exactly for this reason :) (not alone speedlimits, but all WME changes... )
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:50 am

Update 0.4.7

• Added Bulgaria
  • Added Jersey

Function-todo list is still growing :) I'm still looking into some of the idea's that were posted, no ETA yet...
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:17 pm

DLLHell wrote:Thanks for SpeedHelper, it's amazing and saves tons of time!

One request: if possible, it would be great if SpeedHelper would refuse to set the speed on segments that are locked above the user's Level.

I go along editing Level 3 roads (as I'm a Level 3) and then save them when I have a bunch saved up. But sometimes along the way I hit a Level 4 segment or two at an intersection without noticing them, and SpeedHelper sets the speed....even though the fields are grayed out because the segment is locked for me.

The problem is that then when I go to save, WME refuses to do it and I have to undo all the changes since the bad segment, which is sometimes a lot, then re-do them.

If SpeedHelper can check to see if the field is grayed out for whatever reason and if so refuse to set it, that would be a direct way of avoiding the problem.

Update 0.4.8

• Added a warning when one or more segments in a selection are locked for some reason. You also can't enter speeds until this is corrected, so no more saving errors.
    limiterror.png
    (14.25 KiB) Downloaded 802 times
  • Possible future addition: auto-clear locked segments from your selection.(ETA unknown :) )
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:36 pm

vince1612 wrote:Thanks gertbroos,

Could you also add the pedesrian sign for Switzerland with 20km/h as a value and also 70km/h. Turns out they rare but still more common than I thought and the buttons could be useful.

Done
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:28 am

Update 0.5.1:

• Added Reunion
  • Added Turkey
  • Added Cayman Island
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs