Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Black-Voyager
Please add Norway, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110. Red circle with white background.

Thanks
Black-Voyager
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by buchet37
Big thank to gertbroos for this script I use each day.
I have suggested some modifications to avoid verification and warning message (even if we are allowed to modify a segment.)
I test it with different users level without problem, but I don't know what append in others countries.
But what I saw in France is the same thing that TimAThing saw in Australia.
buchet37
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Global Champs - Country Manager France - Area Manager Touraine
2M edits - 5000UR - Iphone 6- Waze 4.0.1.1
Scripts :WME Select Same Type Roads | WME Check Road Name | PM

Post by bures
We made some observations and I would ask you for changing Czech republic (EZ) speeds:

20, 30, 40, 50, 70, 80, 90

Thank you for your great tool.
bures
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bures
gertbroos wrote:I'm looking into the suggestions made by everyone.
Are you thinking about speed personalization? I think that user could set your own set of speeds. New version should not rewrite this settings.
bures
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bures
gertbroos wrote:I was more thinking in the area of allowing an indivual to hide one or more of the suggested speed options for his/her country, if they don't use them frequently enough (to save space on screen). This will be obviously only helpful with countries that have a lot of different speeds...
In my country we selected only the most frequented speeds. Some users had been crying for full set of speeds but we overruled them. :)
gertbroos wrote:I could make an extra option, so that users could also add speeds, but those speeds would be saved locally, and are not available cross-browser, so you need to set them again on each pc / browser, or if you remove cookies...
It looks great! Do not be sad for cross-browser unavailability. It is good enough for a lot of users. First of all the main thing is not to rewrite these speeds after upgrade.
bures
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by calandraca
TruckerGerrit wrote:Requesting Spain (SP) with 30-40-50-60-70-80-90-100-120 km/h
Standard European sign (red circle)

Thank you very much!
And 20 ...
Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
calandraca
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
Hi Gertbroos,

Could you add 20, 30, 40, 45, 50 to MX?

Code: Select all

MX: {'sgn': BGa, 'ann':'kmh', 'spd':[ 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110]}, // 8.Mexico
Thanks,
Carlos
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone 15 Pro Max / iOS 17ß / Waze ß 4.x

Post by carloslaso
PesachZ wrote: Go to one way segment with no speed data, click to add SL with script.
Change segment to two way
Observe that both directions now have same speed.

Perhaps the script can detect segment direction, or if a field is hidden, and only add speed to allowed directions?
I believe that is a WME thing and not anything this script does, If I do what you say, either fwdMaxSpeed or revMaxSpeed keeps the null value and you have to add the SL on the other way.

If the segment is two ways and you add the SL, then you change it to one way, the segment keeps the SL on fwdMaxSpeed and revMaxSpeed even if it is now a one way street.

This was done on segments on the ROW server on the WME version we got today.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
vince1612 wrote:As the feature has just gone LIVE for all iOS users in several countries, including Switzerland, and will be available also to Android users when 4.0 is out, I want to extend my gratitude to you gertbroos because we might have not been as many to be able to have the feature enabled by Waze this week if it wasn't for the Speedhelper script.

Of course other scripts (I can think of at least 3 or 4) to visually see segments with or without speed limits in WME helped a lot in this process too, but yours was the only one that focused on adding the speeds and made the input of km/h or mp/h values in both direction fields much faster and easier in general.

You have also been very quick to respond to the almost daily requests for new countries to support in this thread by quickly updating the script on Greasyfork.

For all of that - THANK YOU ! ;) :)
AMEN!!! What he said!^^^
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by CDHoskyHN
Hi, please

Country name & Waze abbreviation = Perú PE
The list of possible speeds as displayed on the roadsigns = 35-40-55-60-80-100-120
Kph or mph? = Kph
an image of how a roadsign looks like. Only needed if it isn't a red circle with a white background and black text :) = red circle is ok

Thank
CDHoskyHN
Send a message