[Script] WME Speedhelper

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Speedhelper

Postby gertbroos » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:11 am

carloslaso wrote:Hi Gertbroos,

Could you add 20, 30, 40, 45, 50 to MX?

Code: Select all
MX: {'sgn': BGa, 'ann':'kmh', 'spd':[ 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110]}, // 8.Mexico

Thanks,
Carlos

I'll add them in the next release
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:47 am

Sebiseba wrote:I know, it's just visual, to make sure the script did his job ;)

No, I mean, just changing the state of the checkbox to "checked" will probably not be enough to trigger a change (change count at the top right of the editor) or did you test the code yourself allready, to see if these checkboxes are still checked after saving? (you will need to see the change count "4" when you make a change.)

I can't test this myself, as I don't have an area available in France to test :)

If it doesn't work, could you change the code to this and let me know if it works?

Code: Select all
if ($("#fwdMaxSpeedUnverifiedCheckbox")) $("#fwdMaxSpeedUnverifiedCheckbox").prop( "checked", true ).change();
if ($("#revMaxSpeedUnverifiedCheckbox")) $("#revMaxSpeedUnverifiedCheckbox").prop( "checked", true ).change();
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Timbones wrote:
laurenthembord wrote:Can you create a "sign" to remove the speeds on roundabouts, that WME implemented.

I was wondering about having this feature. Basically, so there's one click to clear the speed limit boxes.
Icon can be an empty red circle (or whatever style is used for the country).

I allready got multiple questions about this, but it's easier for my to implement some somrt of smaller button outside of the speedsigns area (read: less work :) )

So if this works for you, I'll try to implement this is in a future release
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:34 pm

If i add the lines of code to my script (tested on chrome & firefox) I get this

FR1.jpg
(12.71 KiB) Downloaded 754 times

So all fields are filled, all checkboxes are checked and each "change" is counted in the save icon, so a two-way segment should always have a 4-count change...

I did change the code you suggested a little, I don't know if you noticed that? (i added .change() to each line) If this is missing, it won't fire the eventlistener for the side panel and the change-count won't go up..

And yes, this is a hard one to get explained, but eventually we will get there :)

The hard part is, that we don't have any validation options yet, so I can't test this "live"
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:50 pm

Update 0.4.2

• Added Romania
  • Added Italiy
  • Added some speed options to Mexico

@Sebiseba: I have no idea what it is you actually want now :)

If you just want to let the script "check" the 2 verified boxes, this doesn't actually gets saved? WME needs to know that there are changes to those boxes.

What do you mean with "visual" ?
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:45 pm

So there's no need to add the ".change()" options to the checkboxes and the code works like it's supposed to?

If yes, I will add it as soon as possible
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:02 pm

laurenthembord wrote:
gertbroos wrote:So there's no need to add the ".change()" options to the checkboxes and the code works like it's supposed to?

If yes, I will add it as soon as possible

Yes, as you can see . :D

Ok, i will update the script tomorrow :)

Another question that I wanted to ask: how good/bad did Waze's algorithm work in finding missing speeds, and which segments did they fill in? Only highways or?
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:30 pm

Update 0.4.3

• Added support for the "verified" checkboxes
  • Added a "clear values" button
  • Added a settings button (unused for now)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Glodenox wrote:Another idea: we've recently had some people enter speed limit information in mph instead of kph. Seeing that you've already got the connection between current country and the speed unit used in that country, it might be interesting to add a warning if someone is using the wrong speed unit in a country?

I'm aware that those people will most likely not be using this script and as such won't see this warning, but at least it might help some people who switch country from time to time and might forget to change the unit.

Waze.model.isImperial holds the boolean value for the currently selected speed unit.

Good idea :)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby gertbroos » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:10 pm

iainhouse wrote:It would be even better if you could do a conversion based on country and units selected by editor.

I always have my units set to metric, although the UK is imperial. Every time you update this script, I then alter it to multiply the applied speed by 1.6. Except when I forget. :lol:

I can take a look to see if it's not too much extra work :)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts