[Script] WME Speedhelper

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Speedhelper

Postby cotero2002 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:10 pm

This request may look kind o weird at this time but we need to add the US Virgin Isalnds to the script as they are apart from US or Puerto Rico. The Country Code for US Virgin Island is 241 if that helps. You can use US settings as a mold.

CountryName: US Virgin Islands

Waze abbreviation = US VI

The list of possible speeds as displayed on the roadsigns = 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 ,60, 65. 70, 75, 80

Kph or mph? = MPH

Screenshot_1.png
(5.73 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

Thanks in advance!
Regards
C. Otero (cotero2002)
Puerto Rico & USVI State Manager / ATR PNH Moderator
Read Wazeopedia Puerto Rico, Best Practices and Edits to Avoid.

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
cotero2002
State Manager
State Manager

Postby gertbroos » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:47 am

cotero2002 wrote:This request may look kind o weird at this time but we need to add the US Virgin Isalnds to the script as they are apart from US or Puerto Rico. The Country Code for US Virgin Island is 241 if that helps. You can use US settings as a mold.

The list of possible speeds as displayed on the roadsigns = 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 ,60, 65. 70, 75, 80

Kph or mph? = MPH

Screenshot_1.png

Thanks in advance!
Regards

Do you have a permalink of a (random) location? Just to be sure I get the correct location :)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby cotero2002 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:17 am

gertbroos wrote:
cotero2002 wrote:This request may look kind o weird at this time but we need to add the US Virgin Isalnds to the script as they are apart from US or Puerto Rico. The Country Code for US Virgin Island is 241 if that helps. You can use US settings as a mold.

Kph or mph? = MPH

Screenshot_1.png

Thanks in advance!
Regards

Do you have a permalink of a (random) location? Just to be sure I get the correct location :)

Sure:

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... =513999622

C. Otero (cotero2002)

cotero2002
State Manager
State Manager

Postby gertbroos » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:10 pm

cotero2002 wrote:
gertbroos wrote:

Kph or mph? = MPH

Screenshot_1.png

Thanks in advance!
Regards

Sure:

Thanks! Waze country code here is VQ :)

The changes are now added and live in version 0.10.6
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby cotero2002 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:19 pm

Thanks! Waze country code here is VQ :)

The changes are now added and live in version 0.10.6"

Thank you very much, confirmed working ;) .
C. Otero (cotero2002)

cotero2002
State Manager
State Manager

Postby dfortney » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:40 pm

Hello, I'm a big fan of this script for "speeding up" entry of speed limits -- I do have an enhancement request for a nit-picky issue:

When setting speeds on a one-way segment, the script currently sets the clicked speeds in both directions (including the direction not visible). Enhancement request is to just set the speed for the visible direction of the road. In fact I thought maybe that's the way the script worked at one point.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ]
Rank 5 | US Country Manager | North Carolina State Manager | SAT Multi-state Manager | Northern California AM
dfortney
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby RussPA » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:15 pm

I actually would like it kept setting both directions. Many times I can't delete a JN and it often turns out to be because the hidden direction SLs don't match, so with one click I can set the hidden SL and fix the problem. Otherwise it would take several steps to fix mismatched SL. Just my opinion.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby jm6087 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:24 pm

I agree with Russ, I would prefer it to set both direction for the reasons he mentions. Beyond that, what would be the problem with both directions being set?
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby dfortney » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 pm

I agree with the sentiment of wanting to be able to deal with the mismatched SLs, and that's actually why I prefer only setting in the visible direction -- my impression is we have more of the FW type segments set to only have speeds on the visible direction, so setting in visible-only direction would reduce chances of mismatches. But the way the SLs were originally set probably varied by region/state/editor, with different scripts doing different things. For sure, anyone who set SLs by hand most likely only set the visible direction, as they would have to go out of their way to set in both directions.

Thinking about this further, I like the feature of the clear SL button clearing the visible and invisible directions. I use that when trying to deal with the mismatches -- clear and then set consistently.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ]
Rank 5 | US Country Manager | North Carolina State Manager | SAT Multi-state Manager | Northern California AM
dfortney
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby gertbroos » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:05 pm

I've followed the discussion, but to make something that works both ways (single or both fields) isn't that easy.

How can you give the editor a choice in entering one or both fields (even the hidden ones)? With a checkbox?

The clearing of the speeds is allready possible at this time, by clicking the small circle next to the gear icon. If you then want to enter only 1 speed, I think it's much easier to do it manually.

I'm allways open for suggestions of course, but I don't have much time to do much coding lately, apart from adding/editing speed settings :/

Kind regards
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts