Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Color Speeds v1.2.6

Post by
Hi everybody,

In association with Sebiseba and dummyd2.

- In preview: colorization of the speeds A to B and B to A on two-way segment
- Customizable list of speeds and/or colors for the verified speeds.
- Verified speeds out-of the the list: red dashed.
- Unverified speeds: light red dotted line.

- Compatible Kmh / mph and driving on the left or right.
I explain, on a one-way segment:
* In France colorization will be on the right of the segment.
* in England colorization will be on the left of the segment.
- It can be disabled in the Layers menu.
Layer.jpg
Fully compatible with all scripts and WME Colors HighLight.

Heu.... Enjoy :mrgreen: ;)

Available on greasyfork

Update V1.0.0 of 05/05/2016:
  • Added setting offset, opacity and thickness.
  • Possibility custom color throughout the range RGB.
  • For the USA: possibility of having a palette of color by state.
Update V1.1.0 of 19/08/2016
  • Adding road categories: Parking Lot Road and Private Road.
  • Possibility to not displaying Roundabout.
  • WME Beta compatibility.
Update V1.1.1 of 11/09/2016
Update V1.1.3 of 25/09/2016
  • Possibility to set a palette by country.
Update V1.1.4 of 09/10/2016
Update V1.1.5 of 10/11/2016
  • WME translation compatibility for other langages than Fr and En.
Screen in France and England for exemple :
KmhInFrance.jpg
MphInEngland.jpg
Reglages.jpg
ColorsAdjust.jpg

POSTER_ID:16863068

Send a message
Last edited by seb-d59 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Post by aBshield
TheLastTaterTot wrote:Hi there, thanks for this script! I'm not sure why it's not more popular than the alternative, WME Speeds. The fact that you've added the math to shift the highlights to the left or right sides of the segment makes this one far superior.
I agree this script showing both sides is extremely useful, especially when you're making a single pass via street view and trying to address SLs in both directions. Helps keep your place and sanity from speed limit sign to speed limit sign, especially when they're at different locations on either side.

Only major issue I have is with the color granularity as already mentioned. WME Speeds has a nicer contrast between adjacent speed groups. Speeds below 30 MPH on this script are extremely hard to differentiate. While I have no issue customizing this, there really isn't enough contrasting colors in the drop-down to choose from.
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by AILe85
valginhak wrote:I disable all scripts and extensions (Chrome - Version 67.0.3396.87), and re-enable them one by one, and only WME Fix UI breaks WME Color Speeds.

Is the problem in FU or CS? :D
Hi,

I investigated and posted some messages about this problem in FU thread (beginning here).

It's not only about FU and CS, and a workaround is to uncheck "Compress/enhance bars above the map" in FU settings ;)
AILe85
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Would be great to get this localized down to the state in the US with specific colors by state to align each with the DOT map colors.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I'd also like to see a a few more color selections (more granular) including black/grays, and the ability to set opacity manually as well.

EDIT: I took out the rgb color selections for the couleurs Array and am playing with two different ones. The first is by color family, the second by groups of websafe colors. Both of these require removing the "rgb" the for loop in the CSpeeds_Mainthml function.

Color Families

Code: Select all

var couleurs=new Array("Pink","LightPink","HotPink","DeepPink","PaleVioletRed","MediumVioletRed","LightSalmon","Salmon","DarkSalmon","LightCoral","IndianRed","Crimson","FireBrick","DarkRed","Red","OrangeRed","Tomato","Coral","DarkOrange","Orange","Yellow","LightYellow","LemonChiffon","LightGoldenrodYellow","PapayaWhip","Moccasin","PeachPuff","PaleGoldenrod","Khaki","DarkKhaki","Gold","Cornsilk","BlanchedAlmond","Bisque","NavajoWhite","Wheat","BurlyWood","Tan","RosyBrown","SandyBrown","Goldenrod","DarkGoldenrod","Peru","Chocolate","SaddleBrown","Sienna","Brown","Maroon","DarkOliveGreen","Olive","OliveDrab","YellowGreen","LimeGreen","Lime","LawnGreen","Chartreuse","GreenYellow","SpringGreen","MediumSpringGreen","LightGreen","PaleGreen","DarkSeaGreen","MediumAquamarine","MediumSeaGreen","SeaGreen","ForestGreen","Green","DarkGreen","Aqua","Cyan","LightCyan","PaleTurquoise","Aquamarine","Turquoise","MediumTurquoise","DarkTurquoise","LightSeaGreen","CadetBlue","DarkCyan","Teal","LightSteelBlue","PowderBlue","LightBlue","SkyBlue","LightSkyBlue","DeepSkyBlue","DodgerBlue","CornflowerBlue","SteelBlue","RoyalBlue","Blue","MediumBlue","DarkBlue","Navy","MidnightBlue","Lavender","Thistle","Plum","Violet","Orchid","Fuchsia","Magenta","MediumOrchid","MediumPurple","BlueViolet","DarkViolet","DarkOrchid","DarkMagenta","Purple","Indigo","DarkSlateBlue","RebeccaPurple","SlateBlue","MediumSlateBlue","White","Snow","Honeydew","MintCream","Azure","AliceBlue","GhostWhite","WhiteSmoke","Seashell","Beige","OldLace","FloralWhite","Ivory","AntiqueWhite","Linen","LavenderBlush","MistyRose","Gainsboro","LightGrey","Silver","DarkGray","Gray","DimGray","LightSlateGray","SlateGray","DarkSlateGray","Black");
Websafe color groups

Code: Select all

var couleurs=new Array("#000","#300","#600","#900","#C00","#F00","#003","#303","#603","#903","#C03","#F03","#006","#306","#606","#906","#C06","#F06","#009","#309","#609","#909","#C09","#F09","#00C","#30C","#60C","#90C","#C0C","#F0C","#00F","#30F","#60F","#90F","#C0F","#F0F","#030","#330","#630","#930","#C30","#F30","#033","#333","#633","#933","#C33","#F33","#036","#336","#636","#936","#C36","#F36","#039","#339","#639","#939","#C39","#F39","#03C","#33C","#63C","#93C","#C3C","#F3C","#03F","#33F","#63F","#93F","#C3F","#F3F","#060","#360","#660","#960","#C60","#F60","#063","#363","#663","#963","#C63","#F63","#066","#366","#666","#966","#C66","#F66","#069","#369","#669","#969","#C69","#F69","#06C","#36C","#66C","#96C","#C6C","#F6C","#06F","#36F","#66F","#96F","#C6F","#F6F","#090","#390","#690","#990","#C90","#F90","#093","#393","#693","#993","#C93","#F93","#096","#396","#696","#996","#C96","#F96","#099","#399","#699","#999","#C99","#F99","#09C","#39C","#69C","#99C","#C9C","#F9C","#09F","#39F","#69F","#99F","#C9F","#F9F","#0C0","#3C0","#6C0","#9C0","#CC0","#FC0","#0C3","#3C3","#6C3","#9C3","#CC3","#FC3","#0C6","#3C6","#6C6","#9C6","#CC6","#FC6","#0C9","#3C9","#6C9","#9C9","#CC9","#FC9","#0CC","#3CC","#6CC","#9CC","#CCC","#FCC","#0CF","#3CF","#6CF","#9CF","#CCF","#FCF","#0F0","#3F0","#6F0","#9F0","#CF0","#FF0","#0F3","#3F3","#6F3","#9F3","#CF3","#FF3","#0F6","#3F6","#6F6","#9F6","#CF6","#FF6","#0F9","#3F9","#6F9","#9F9","#CF9","#FF9","#0FC","#3FC","#6FC","#9FC","#CFC","#FFC","#0FF","#3FF","#6FF","#9FF","#CFF","#FFF");
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
55mph is stored at 89kph in the Waze data. The math done by the script ends up rounding to 56 instead of 55. The following code change works better I think:

fwdspeed = (fwdspeed!=null) ? (Math.trunc(fwdspeed*0.625)) : null;
revspeed = (revspeed!=null) ? (Math.trunc(revspeed*0.625)) : null;

RANT: not sure why Waze uses .625 is, as the conversion when .621 is closer. And 0.6213711922374 is significantly closer to the actual value.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I have verified that this Script on Mac Chrome, while it works for the display on segments, the select menu with the colors does not show the colors. Chrome is unable to override the background color used for the select options, so the entire menu is white. Selecting an option does work, but you don't have any idea what color you have selected.

Using "-webkit-appearance: none" does not help in this situation. The only possibility I can see which may help is to use jQuery to create "custom" select menus, such as the one which lets you add images and change text styles to each menu option item.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
seb-d59 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Would be great to get this localized down to the state in the US with specific colors by state to align each with the DOT map colors.
For that, I do not understand, you want a different color by state for the same speed?
For me 50 Mp/h is 50 Mp/h or 90km/h is 90Km/h regardless of the state or country ...

But a filter by city / state / country, why not....
Many states in the US have maps which show speed limits with specific color highlights on their maps. each state is different. Many editors can edit in multiple states to add speed limits. For me, personally, I find it much easier to compare the Waze map to the state speed limit map if the highlight colors are the same. For that to work efficiently. I would like to be able to quickly switch ALL the color highlights in WME Color Speeds from one state color palette to another by selecting the state or color scheme from a menu. That would change all the WME Color Speed colors with a single selection. The key here is making the WME Color Speeds colors match the state speed limit map colors and be able to switch the WME Color Speeds with a single selection.

Does that make more sense?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
seb-d59 wrote:Ok, now I see. ;)
So, this involves generating object in live with the name of the State, it is not insurmountable :).
That is one way to do it, yes, but I would prefer user control over the scheme currently displayed, not automatic based on segment state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The update posted today broke 55mph again. Please include the truncation code I provided previously. 55mph comes up as "unknown" speed because the math is wrong.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message