Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SethSpeedy28
Hi all!

Thanks to the help of pj_aitken, we have Color Speeds working again. I, as part of WazeDev, am also in the process of integrating WazeWrap, and you will see that in the latest version(v1.3.5). Also, thanks to Harmful Breeze for help with the French translation.  https://greasyfork.org/scripts/14044-wme-color-speeds

SethSpeedy28
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by SethSpeedy28
woodvale wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:47 pm IIRC, you amend the speeds you want displayed (I have 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70), change the colours you want, select the road type you want the speed limit displayed on, tick the One Palette by Country (I've a different set of speeds selected for my use of the script in Jamaica). It's held in local memory so will be remembered next time you use the script.

I may be completely wrong, but that seems to work for me.

This is correct. The one thing I would recommend to is to check the "One Palette by Country" first, then make your changes. Please note that the script does not yet have the capability to change unit based on the country in view(mph vs kph), it only detects the unit the user has chosen in WME settings. This doesn't matter if the user only edits in countries with the same unit, but it is something to keep in mind if you edit in countries with different units(USA and Canada, for example).

SethSpeedy28
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by SethSpeedy28
BtBalways wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:39 pm Thank you both.

The behaviour is as expected but, either because of a Chrome update or reboot, the selection I had made didn't 'stick' so I thought maybe I had missed a 'save' option somewhere. (May be it should be expressed as 'Feature Request')

The script saves automatically to localStorage when the speed color is created. The question is whether it saves to the general palette, or to a specific country's palette, and this is determined by whether or not the "One Palette by Country" box is checked or not. At least, that is how it is supposed to work. ;)
 This ambiguity could be solved with some documentation. :idea: The script currently has zero documentation. 

SethSpeedy28
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by SethSpeedy28
A new version is out! Here is the change log for the last 3 versions.  8-)
  • UPDATED: Integrated WazeWrap script update notification functionality
  • UPDATED: Integrated WME sidebar API. Because we're not fans of that "left-behind OS" vibe either.
  • UPDATED: Version # format is...now in dates! Oh my, that means I can't hide my age. blush
  • FIXED: Bug that would crash the script when the One Palette by State box was checked before a hard refresh.
  • UPDATED: Various UI improvements. A little self-care goes a long way. Now aren't we looking spiffy?
  • ENHANCEMENT: Map highlights now refresh automatically after a change in units or a Road Type checkbox. No zooming or panning required.
  • UPDATED: French translation and typography
  • ENHANCEMENT: New localized tooltips
  • ENHANCEMENT: Under the hood diagnostic tools. Vroom vroom

Any suggestions are welcome, and I will do my best to implement them.

SethSpeedy28
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Hi there, thanks for this script! I'm not sure why it's not more popular than the alternative, WME Speeds. The fact that you've added the math to shift the highlights to the left or right sides of the segment makes this one far superior. Anyway, I was wondering what these dropdown menus are for? I don't see anything in them. All other scripts except WME Color Speeds have been disabled, but still nothing.

I'm running Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 (64-bit) on Mac OS 10.10.5.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Attachments
R5 | RI SM | CA, MA & NY AM | Mentor

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Nope. I have not modified the script at all. Sketch is also having the same problem and he is also using Chrome on Mac OS. I have a suspicion it might be related to Mac OS, but I'm not sure.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
If you have some time, you could convert the select box to a <ul><li> type of menu and use Bootstrap classes to make it perform like a dropdown. That will guarantee similar behavior across all browsers and platforms. But no rush. Thanks!
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Actually, the simplest solution is to use <input type="color">. It won't be as pretty, but at least those who are having the same issue will be able to see it. lol
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Thanks, Alan, for the confirmation. I suspected it was something like that.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
I found some time to look into converting the select box into a list-based dropdown using Bootstrap. I think this should work, though I haven't tested it extensively. You can find the code and the comparison with your original code here:

It looks like this:
Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 2.33.50 PM.png
(42.37 KiB) Downloaded 1457 times

As a side note, I also commented out the re-coloring at 800ms intervals. I don't think it should do this by default. On a typical widescreen desktop display, the redraw interval is much too taxing on system resources when editing roads in a populous city. I understand why it's in the code, but I hope there is another solution...
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message