[Script] WME Tab Manager (v1.4.0)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Tab Manager (v1.2.2)

Postby Glodenox » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:47 pm

Just released a minor new version that fixes some potential issues in supporting other languages.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Tab Manager (v1.2.3)

Postby Glodenox » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Version 1.2.3 has just been released.
This version fixes the issue with the script activation with a missing trailing slash in the URL.
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Tab Manager (v1.2.4)

Postby Glodenox » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Version 1.2.4 has just been released.
This includes a fix for a breaking issue in beta WME and some improvements to how the script works if the WME is using a language other than English.

I've got some new features that are almost ready to be released as well, but there's still some final tweaking to be done and I'd rather get this fix out already beforehand.
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Tab Manager (v1.3)

Postby Glodenox » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:42 pm

Version 1.3 has just been released.
This version adds an export and import functionality. It was quite a good experience getting to play with these. I tried to make the script process the changes without needing a refresh, but I realised the script would need a major restructuring before I can do that.
Apart from that, a feature I had prepared several months ago already has also been added here: you can now recolour the text and background of a tab. This doesn't apply to the selected tab as otherwise it becomes difficult to see which tab is opened.
Last but not least, the script can now recover when the user changes the measuring units between metric and imperial. The implementation is a bit iffy as the event I have to use triggers a bit too early in the changeover, but it seems to work reasonably well.
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby turbomkt » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:07 am

Has anyone seen this script interact with URO+? In particular, the options pane for URO+ shrinks until it's invisible. A few times I have watched it as the scroll bar shrinks in steps until it's gone.
turbomkt
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Glodenox » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:05 am

That doesn't seem like behaviour I'd expect from this script. I know that URO+ had/has a setting that overrides the width of a tab. This can however be disabled in URO+ and Tab Manager will not adjust the width unless you ask it to. But I can't imagine what URO+ would do to cause that behaviour.

I'll experiment with URO+ a bit myself to see whether I can trigger that behaviour. If someone experiences this as well: please do tell me!
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby turbomkt » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:52 pm

It may be a combination of scripts, but disabling Tab Manager brings things back to normal for me.
turbomkt
State Manager
State Manager

Postby bz2012 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:15 pm

I am also seeing a problem that I tracked down to Tab Manager.
It 'hides' the options on URO+. If I disable Tab Manger, they are back.
It just started recently. I did a 'binary' search, disabling various scripts until I found one that would 'cure' the missing options when I disabled it.

I've disabled almost all other scripts and the problem still occurred. Using Chrome, Win7ent "up to date" on updates.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Glodenox » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Can you show me a screenshot of what you mean? Because I'm not seeing any difference in behaviour in URO+ depending on whether Tab Manager is enabled or not. I've tested this in Firefox and Chrome.

Either way, I'm certain this can only be a bug in URO+ as Tab Manager doesn't do anything that affects the content of a tab. It only hides and manipulates the tab handles. I remember URO+ fighting with the Tab Manager script for the width and height of the tabs, but that was solved.
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bz2012 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:33 pm

[ img ]
WME tab manager killing URO+ 'caught halfway through erasing the options.

It starts at the bottom of the list of options and they go away, until none are left and the scroll bar also goes away.

Sometimes the bottom portion of a line disappears, as if a 'blank card' were being drawn up the screen, obscuring the writing behind it. In fact, the 'obscured part' of that picture seems to have a slightly different color or texture or something. But that may be an optical delusion.

This is what that image above 'should' look like:
[ img ]
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts