Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by vince1612
As far as we know it was only enabled in beta for now. And with the recent URL change from editor-beta.waze.com/editor to beta.waze.com/editor maybe the bookmarklet was also broken?

Just guessing here, I haven't tried to enable it since the announcement but I sure hope that we'll have a convenient way to turn it on/off again.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by voludu2
I have just tried the bookmarklet. It doesn't seem to show me anything different from what is currently on the map, even after I make noticeable changes.

Then I tried the 1-line tampermonkey script, and did not see anything new added to the top bar.

Is there something else I need to do to make these work? Is some other javascript interfering?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Thank you! This works. I do not know why it did not work to follow the link in the original post in this thread.

Also, when I try to use the bookmarklet from the original post of this thread, I get the console error:
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
In production, the userscript works for me but the bookmarklet does not.

I follow the instructions to drag the link to the bookmark bar, and the resulting bookmarklet contains
javascript: (function () { var bookmarkletssm = document.createElement('script'); bookmarkletssm.setAttribute('src', '//braydenpeacock.ca/waze/scripts/SnapshotMode.bookmarklet.js'); document.body.appendChild(bookmarkletssm); }());
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I agree with RussPA. It is a very valuable diagnostic tool for editors of all ranks.

If you can see what map the app and livemap are using and how that compares to the map we are currently editing, you can sometimes make a lot more sense of little map problems that are caused by some issue that may already have been fixed or partially fixed.

Or - if you've spotted some ill-considered changes made since the last time update, it can help to be able to see the previously-working version in order to more quickly put things right again.

Can anybody think of any reason why it would cause a problem to allow all editors to see snapshot mode? Perhaps, after everyone is comfortable with this feature, it will be possible to extend it to all editors.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Same for me, in beta as well. Changed a segment name, used the bookmarklet (Chrome, iPad) see the snapshot notice, but still see the new segment name.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Now that waze team have enabled snapshot mode in the WME interface for all editors who have permission to use it, is there any further need for a standalone snapshot mode script?

Is this topic the best place for attempting to make the point to waze team that all editors should be able to see snapshot mode?

Is it time to lock this topic thread?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Je crois que les editeurs de niveau 1 ne sont pas autorisés à utiliser le mode "snapshot", et que aucune script peut changer cela. C'est vrai? Les scripts "snapshot mode" -- sont-ils utiles pour quelqu'un?

Y at-il in meilleur forum pour discuter des advantages d'autoriser tous les éditeurs pour utiliser "snapshot mode"? Les champs ont-ils déjà le demandé de la waze team?

-----
I believe that rank 1 editors are not authorized to use snapshot mode, and that no script can change this. Is this still true? Are the snapshot mode scripts any use to anyone?

Is there a better forum for discussing the advantages of allowing all editors to use snapshot mode? Have the champs already asked the waze team for this?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by WilfredsCat
kizeus wrote:thank you very much already installed and running
How does it work now? Still can't see the Button.
WilfredsCat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message