Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by CoolCanuck
vince1612 wrote:I see, then that's awesome, thanks ;)

Do they keep just one copy ? It would be great to be able to go back in time a few updates back.
Sadly yes :(. Oh well :)
CoolCanuck
Send a message

Post by CoolCanuck
For the time being, you can use the bookmarklet. Tested & works in beta.

I will think of something.. but in my opinion, a tab would be an overkill for a simple feature (we already have so many tabs..)

I am probably going to make a camera icon and put it in the bottom right corner near the permalink :)
CoolCanuck
Send a message

Post by CoolCanuck
Editor pre-release update:

Snapshot mode is listed as a Waze Staff tool in the β.I do not feel comfortable releasing it in the future editor.. when it has the staff title attached to it. In the β editor, you are supposed to "have permission" in order to use the tool. I am trying to reach out to waze staff to request direct contact.. but until then, I don't feel comfortable to publish it. Waze does have a built in activator (like the current editor). I can't say much more without risking it. Please standby.
CoolCanuck
Send a message

Post by CoolCanuck
I apologize to those previously unable to use the grease/tampermonkey script. CloudFlare (a caching+DDoS+page optimizer) service I use took away comments (the double slashes, which are needed for userscripts). I have made it not take away slashes. Apologies. It should work now.
CoolCanuck
Send a message

Post by CoolCanuck
I apologize for the delay! I have been busy with exams, job searching, etc.

As of right now, from what I can tell (looking at the waze backend code), snapshot mode appears, but is broken. Waze will need to fix this, so, if this script was useful to you, please contact the community manager to let them know this functionality should be fixed. Thank you, and sorry.
CoolCanuck
Send a message

Post by CoolCanuck
Olestas wrote:I have made a bug report in WME Beta forums.. No answer for now.
Not really a bug, we were never supposed to have snapshot mode. It was unreleased and still isn't for our use. Waze has further restricted it to only those with permission. As previously discussed, contact your Community Manager. A bug report is not useful when it's not a bug -- but a request for us to have permission.
CoolCanuck
Send a message

Post by CoolCanuck
vince1612 wrote:Staff announced today in the WME beta forums that snapshot mode woud be available again but it was only requested for ranks 4, 5 and 6.
I am almost certain I can work around that restriction for L1-3's. There's absolutely no reason why they should not have access, assuming snapshot mode is just for viewing the live version of edits - I never got a proper explanation as to what snapshot mode is. Thanks for your patience.
CoolCanuck
Send a message

Post by CoolCanuck
Thank you for your patience!!

I have edited the enabler script. The bookmarklet and userscript both work now (have not tested on a Level 1 account).

Enjoy!
CoolCanuck
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Unless the staff would explain the reasons behind, I personally do not see the reason against anyone L3- seeing the snapshot.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
voludu2 wrote:I believe that rank 1 editors are not authorized to use snapshot mode, and that no script can change this. Is this still true?
Yes it is.
voludu2 wrote:Have the champs already asked the waze team for this?
Yes they have. The HQ will think hard about thinking about it.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).