Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Road Selector Highlights

Post by
Create custom highlighters using WME RSel Highlights and WME Road Selector*

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/16007 ... highlights

Note: If the script isn't highlighting what it should be, try double-clicking on the Highlight button, which forces a redraw of all highlights on the map.

You might also be interested in another companion script: WME RSel Expression Editor

------
Much thanks to pvo11 for creating WME Road Selector and making this integration possible.

------
*Road Selector is required for RSel Highlights to work.

RSel Highlights v0.2.x:
WMERSH.png
WMERSH_tooltips.png
WMERSH_Full panel.png

POSTER_ID:17047355

Send a message
Last edited by TheLastTaterTot on Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post by aBshield
I'm experiencing the darkened save screen issue in WME when saving changes to segments (note that 1 segment per save seems to be okay, it's 2+ that gives a problem) that were/are highlighted at the time of the save. The changes I'm saving should no longer pass the highlighter criteria. I still need to test the theory more, but I don't seem to have this issue if I clear the highlighters before saving and then reapply afterwards.

In this specific use case, I'm using the highlighter capability to locate segments that need to have their city name changed and I'm also adding an alt city (repeating the street name for the alt name as well). I believe they stay highlighted until I save (despite no longer passing the highlighter criteria), and I'm usually met with the perpetual darkened screen once a save is attempted. At the time I usually see this in the console:

Code: Select all

app-b90eda0….js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
    at initialize.getAddressDetails (app-b90eda0….js:1)
    at initialize.getAddressDetails (app-b90eda0….js:4)
    at Y.s.serializeData (app-b90eda0….js:18)
    at Y.s._renderTemplate (vendor-dc9e195….js:36)
    at Y.s.render (vendor-dc9e195….js:36)
    at Y.s.onFeaturesChanged (app-b90eda0….js:2)
    at Y.s.onFeaturesChanged (app-b90eda0….js:19)
    at f (vendor-dc9e195….js:2)
    at M (vendor-dc9e195….js:2)
    at h (vendor-dc9e195….js:2)
    at initialize.l.trigger (vendor-dc9e195….js:2)
Almost seems like there could be a problem with an existing highlighter adjusting to the saved data, especially when the segment was highlighted, and now shouldn't be after changes.

In all cases, the save does go through, which is characteristic of the darkened screen.

Google Chrome (will try a different PC a bit later)
WME Road Selector 1.31
WME Road Selector Highlights 0.7.8.8
WME Road Selector Expression Editor 0.3.4.6

EDIT: Another editor was working the same project and had the same symptoms and solution of erasing the highlighters before saving. I also experienced the same problem on another PC later today.
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by aureozb
this is the best script ever

but, is not working on beta
aureozb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by aureozb
The RSelector is ok, but RS Higlighter doesn't do nothing
aureozb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by aureozb
jm6087 wrote:
aureozb wrote:this is the best script ever

but, is not working on beta

I had to change Line 7 to // @include https://beta.waze.com/*editor/* in order to get it to work in Beta. It still had the old website.
pvo11 wrote:There was a problem with both scripts from TheLastTaterTot. I've tried to send her a PM but it is still unread. Therefore I made some hacks to the WME Road Selector to make both scripts working again.

WME Road Selector Expression Editor is OK
In WME Road Selector Highlights was the appearance OK but the script didn't work.

There is the same problem as in many other scripts after the last WME update. To make the script working it is necessary to comment out the lines 1425 an 1448:

Code: Select all

// I18n.translations.en.layers.name.__RSel_Highlights = 'Road Selector Highlights';
// I18n.translations.en.layers.name.__RSel_Highlights_Under = 'Road Selector Highlights (Under)'; 
pvo11, u need to update the script on Greasy Fork, without these 2 changes the script doesn't work perfectly
aureozb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Currently, highlighting is not working the same in beta as it does in production. When you tell it to highlight, it will highlight the segments in the current display, but when you scroll, it does not continue highlighting; in order to view highlights for new segment, you have to press the highlight button again (instead of it continually highlighting as you scroll).
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by dspille
It's working for me. You might make sure you're running the WME Fix Map Object script. A WME release a while back broke a lot of scripts, and this one gets many of them running again.
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
sancnilson wrote:Cordial saludo.
Es bien raro que despues de instalar el RS Highlights en el WME desaparecieron los segmentos tales como calles y Places en general.
O será alguna falla del sitio web de ediciones?
<Google Translate>
Regards.
It is very rare that after installing the RS Highlights in the WME, segments such as streets and places in general disappeared.
Or will it be a failure of the editions website?</Google Translate>

Not the author, but since this script simply highlights items, I find it very unlikely that it caused this. There have been reports elsewhere of tile display problems in LatAM today, so perhaps that is your issue?
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by Fabianotkd
Excuse me...
With the recent WME update I have the problem of page 500 error.
It's actually impossible to access to WME and to all the scripts.
I have migrated to another OS to update the browser but I would like to recover the highlight expression saved in the old OS.
Where the saved highliters could be found? Where the script save them? Consider that I can only access to the hard disk and to the browser, WME not working...

Thanks.. :(
Fabianotkd
Send a message

Post by FokusPokus
Awesome script! Exactly what I needed. Thanks!
FokusPokus
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Country Coordinator: Lithuania
Country Manager: Lithuania, Poland

Post by fuji2086
V_Dorb wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:04 am A big thank for the update !  :D

You're welcome. I'm confident there's still issues remaining, but I think I've fixed most of the bugs.
fuji2086
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message