Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Post by ramblinwreck_81
voludu2 wrote:As requested, I am reporting a bug
I entered the expression from RSEL editor
Closure created by contains ("waze")
And when I hit the highlights button
Error days
RSel Highlights was unable to parse the saved expression text to exactly match the original expression.
RSH will try to use your original selection for highlighting, but it cannot be edited – only deleted. Please make a bug report here.

That's happened to me before as well but not in a long time. I think to get around it, I just refreshed WME and started over in RSEL Highlights.
ramblinwreck_81
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by russblau
This script is not working at all for me any more. RS works fine, but not Highlights.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Last edited by russblau on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by russblau
Whenever I try to highlight based on an expression that includes "Road type = Freeway" I get the following RSH error message:
RSel Highlights was unable to parse the saved expression text to exactly match the original expression.
RSH will try to use your original selection for highlighting, but it cannot be edited – only deleted. Please make a bug report here.
For example: I enter the following --

Code: Select all

(Has NOT speed limit OR Has unverified speed limit) AND (Road Type = "Freeway" OR Road Type = "Major Highway")
and after clicking the "Highlight" button, the expression appears as --

Code: Select all

(Has NOT speed limit OR Has unverified speed limit) AND (Road Type = "undefined" OR Road Type = "Major Highway")
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by sancnilson
ehepner1977 wrote:
sancnilson wrote:Cordial saludo.
Es bien raro que despues de instalar el RS Highlights en el WME desaparecieron los segmentos tales como calles y Places en general.
O será alguna falla del sitio web de ediciones?
<Google Translate>
Regards.
It is very rare that after installing the RS Highlights in the WME, segments such as streets and places in general disappeared.
Or will it be a failure of the editions website?</Google Translate>

Not the author, but since this script simply highlights items, I find it very unlikely that it caused this. There have been reports elsewhere of tile display problems in LatAM today, so perhaps that is your issue?
Thanks brother ehepner1977, it is true about the reports in other places about mosaic display problems in LatAM, it was mere coincidence that after installing the script this display problem arose.
sancnilson
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
pvo11 wrote: The script WME RSel Expression Editor is another case; it uses the RSel buttons and it shoud be updated after each adding new condition to the RSel a of course after some WMW changes. It is not easy task. But I think this script is not so important.
I use this one all the time, makes it a lot faster for me to change the selection. But it does seem to work still, even if it might not support all the options anymore.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by SkyviewGuru
Hello!

I received an error that "RSel Highlights was unable to parse the saved expression text to exactly match the original expression. Your original selection will be used for highlighting, but it cannot be edited – only deleted. Please make a bug report here."

The rule I had set was:
RSel Selection Rule wrote:Has NOT speed limit OR Has unverified speed limit OR (Has speed limit in only one direction AND Direction = "Two way (=)")
This is with RSel 1.14, RSel Expression Editor 0.3.4.1, and RSel Highlights 0.7.8.4. I appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks!
SkyviewGuru
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
https://i.imgur.com/GmLPXzV.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0100.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/SPugkAE.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c5s.png
Idaho State Manager :: Northwest Region USA and Utah Area Manager
Waze Beta Leader (Android) :: WME Beta Tester :: Formal Mentoring 2.0 Mentor
PNH Moderator and Cross-Region Collaboration Liaison for Northwest Region USA