[Script] WME Road Selector Highlights

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Road Selector Highlights

Postby ramblinwreck_81 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:43 pm

Apologies. It looks like with a WME reload that allows me to delete selected highlighters.

Also, it appears that correctly saving the intended highlights is accomplished by clicking on "select roads" with the search criteria set.

thanks again for a great script.
USA Country Manager; Georgia State Manager

[ img ][ img ]
utile, simplicitate, retentione
Join the Southeast Region Discord Channel
ramblinwreck_81
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby aBshield » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:07 pm

I'm experiencing the darkened save screen issue in WME when saving changes to segments (note that 1 segment per save seems to be okay, it's 2+ that gives a problem) that were/are highlighted at the time of the save. The changes I'm saving should no longer pass the highlighter criteria. I still need to test the theory more, but I don't seem to have this issue if I clear the highlighters before saving and then reapply afterwards.

In this specific use case, I'm using the highlighter capability to locate segments that need to have their city name changed and I'm also adding an alt city (repeating the street name for the alt name as well). I believe they stay highlighted until I save (despite no longer passing the highlighter criteria), and I'm usually met with the perpetual darkened screen once a save is attempted. At the time I usually see this in the console:

Code: Select all
app-b90eda0….js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
    at initialize.getAddressDetails (app-b90eda0….js:1)
    at initialize.getAddressDetails (app-b90eda0….js:4)
    at Y.s.serializeData (app-b90eda0….js:18)
    at Y.s._renderTemplate (vendor-dc9e195….js:36)
    at Y.s.render (vendor-dc9e195….js:36)
    at Y.s.onFeaturesChanged (app-b90eda0….js:2)
    at Y.s.onFeaturesChanged (app-b90eda0….js:19)
    at f (vendor-dc9e195….js:2)
    at M (vendor-dc9e195….js:2)
    at h (vendor-dc9e195….js:2)
    at initialize.l.trigger (vendor-dc9e195….js:2)

Almost seems like there could be a problem with an existing highlighter adjusting to the saved data, especially when the segment was highlighted, and now shouldn't be after changes.

In all cases, the save does go through, which is characteristic of the darkened screen.

Google Chrome (will try a different PC a bit later)
WME Road Selector 1.31
WME Road Selector Highlights 0.7.8.8
WME Road Selector Expression Editor 0.3.4.6

EDIT: Another editor was working the same project and had the same symptoms and solution of erasing the highlighters before saving. I also experienced the same problem on another PC later today.
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby aureozb » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:41 am

The RSelector is ok, but RS Higlighter doesn't do nothing
aureozb
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby aureozb » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 am

jm6087 wrote:
aureozb wrote:this is the best script ever

but, is not working on beta

I had to change Line 7 to // @include https://beta.waze.com/*editor/* in order to get it to work in Beta. It still had the old website.

pvo11 wrote:There was a problem with both scripts from TheLastTaterTot. I've tried to send her a PM but it is still unread. Therefore I made some hacks to the WME Road Selector to make both scripts working again.

WME Road Selector Expression Editor is OK
In WME Road Selector Highlights was the appearance OK but the script didn't work.

There is the same problem as in many other scripts after the last WME update. To make the script working it is necessary to comment out the lines 1425 an 1448:
Code: Select all
// I18n.translations.en.layers.name.__RSel_Highlights = 'Road Selector Highlights';
// I18n.translations.en.layers.name.__RSel_Highlights_Under = 'Road Selector Highlights (Under)';

pvo11, u need to update the script on Greasy Fork, without these 2 changes the script doesn't work perfectly
aureozb
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby russblau » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 am

This script is not working at all for me any more. RS works fine, but not Highlights.
Last edited by russblau on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
MAR MSM; State Manager: District of Columbia
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby pvo11 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:00 am

It is true RSel is my script. It has its own thread and I update it after each WME update to keep it working and I add some new features.

The author of WME RSel Highlights and WME RSel Expression Editor is TheLastTaterTot. Unfortunately, she is not updating the scripts any more a she is not answering PMs.
I have no to possibility to update these scripts. The best solution would be to make a fork on greasyfork.org. Can anybody do it instead o posting the changes here? I'm too busy to do it.

The script WME RSel Highlights uses RSel interface and only changes which are needed are caused by WME changes.

The script WME RSel Expression Editor is another case; it uses the RSel buttons and it shoud be updated after each adding new condition to the RSel a of course after some WMW changes. It is not easy task. But I think this script is not so important.
pvo11
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby JustinS83 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:09 am

pvo11 wrote:It is true RSel is my script. It has its own thread and I update it after each WME update to keep it working and I add some new features.

The author of WME RSel Highlights and WME RSel Expression Editor is TheLastTaterTot. Unfortunately, she is not updating the scripts any more a she is not answering PMs.
I have no to possibility to update these scripts. The best solution would be to make a fork on greasyfork.org. Can anybody do it instead o posting the changes here? I'm too busy to do it.

The script WME RSel Highlights uses RSel interface and only changes which are needed are caused by WME changes.

The script WME RSel Expression Editor is another case; it uses the RSel buttons and it shoud be updated after each adding new condition to the RSel a of course after some WMW changes. It is not easy task. But I think this script is not so important.

Here is a fork with the fixes
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/35939 ... highlights
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 pm

pvo11 wrote:The script WME RSel Expression Editor is another case; it uses the RSel buttons and it shoud be updated after each adding new condition to the RSel a of course after some WMW changes. It is not easy task. But I think this script is not so important.

I use this one all the time, makes it a lot faster for me to change the selection. But it does seem to work still, even if it might not support all the options anymore.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • tier one • new orleans
2017 chevrolet ss sedan 6mt • slipstream blue metallic
[ img ] [ img ]
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ramblinwreck_81 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:47 pm

it's interesting to note that RSEL and RSEL highlights were working like always on my mac. But when I went to edit on my tablet, the controls for RSEL highlights were not functional. I installed the fork above and now it works like a champ on the windows tablet as well. Super!
USA Country Manager; Georgia State Manager

[ img ][ img ]
utile, simplicitate, retentione
Join the Southeast Region Discord Channel
ramblinwreck_81
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Fabianotkd » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:40 am

Excuse me...
With the recent WME update I have the problem of page 500 error.
It's actually impossible to access to WME and to all the scripts.
I have migrated to another OS to update the browser but I would like to recover the highlight expression saved in the old OS.
Where the saved highliters could be found? Where the script save them? Consider that I can only access to the hard disk and to the browser, WME not working...

Thanks.. :(
Fabiano F.
Italian Local Champ * State Manager Puglia
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Link utili:
Guida italiana per gli editor
Forum Italia
Forum Puglia
Fabianotkd
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext