Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Show Alt Names

Post by
Installation

Use Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (Chrome) and get the script here.

Description

Displays a table at the lower left corner of WME with the primary and alternate names for selected
segments. The segment's type and length are also displayed in the table.

Table cells containing identical street names are filled with the same color for easy
recognition of matching names. The user has the option of including whether or not the city name is considered.

Purpose

This script is designed to help troubleshoot map issues related to big detour prevention (BDP).

Use
  • The script can be enabled/disabled by toggling the "WME Show Alt Names" layer in the map's layer selector.
  • Hovering over a street name in the table highlights all selected segments with that name.
  • Double-clicking a street name in the table changes the color.
  • Hovering over a segment ID in the table highlights that segment on the map.
  • The "Sort by driving order" option will attempt to sort the segments in the table as if they were
    part of a route starting with the first selected segment. Sorting is performed based on node IDs.
Auto Select Feature

The auto selection feature will select all segments along a Live Map route. At a minimum the user
must select a beginning and ending segment. Optionally, intermediate segments on the desired route may be selected in an attempt to force a certain route that would other be avoided.

Note that because the route is retrived from the Live Map, it is only current to the last tile
update. Routes will not reflect any changes made to the map since th last tile update. This includes
changes to segment names, turn restrictions, functional classification, etc. Also, the tool will not
be able to select a segment if the segment's ID has changed since the last tile update.

Acknowledgements

The idea for this script was proposed by Waze user tonestertm, who also provided beta testing and
lots of feedback and suggestions for improvement. It would not have been possible without him.

POSTER_ID:16875504

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1673857766-
I appreciate this script and use it daily in adding alternate cities to areas that need base map updates.

Is is possible to make it a bit more compact? It takes up a fair amount of screen space which may be a problem especially for those editing on laptops.

Thanks.
Inactive user -1673857766-
Send a message

Post by dspille
Leorenaud wrote:Hi guys.
Is it only me or is this script broken with the latest WME update?
It hasn't been working for me either since the last WME update.
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
I'm slowly getting used to it :)
SAR85, as the script is unable to obtain a route while running in beta WME, would you mind hiding the Auto Select button in such case? (I've just spent a couple of head scratching moments until realizing the circumstances.)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by glomp
Possible bug. The script is not persistent when setting it off. Each time you refresh the browser it turns back on.

Firefox 46.0.1
Windows 7
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by hawkeygoal
From US scripts slack channel:
the_cre8r_4 [10:38 AM]

I updated WME Show Alt Names to the new city format see here:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23324-wme-show-alt-names-version-2
greasyfork.org
WME Show Alt Names (Version 2)
Shows alt names for selected segments
hawkeygoal
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by herrchin
Looks like the WME released today broke Show Alt Names v2.
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

lacmacca
Send a message

Post by Leorenaud
Hi guys.
Is it only me or is this script broken with the latest WME update?
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Interesting.. only to get used to it. Requires training :D
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message