Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Show Alt Names

Post by SAR85
Installation

Use Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (Chrome) and get the script here.

Description

Displays a table at the lower left corner of WME with the primary and alternate names for selected
segments. The segment's type and length are also displayed in the table.

Table cells containing identical street names are filled with the same color for easy
recognition of matching names. The user has the option of including whether or not the city name is considered.

Purpose

This script is designed to help troubleshoot map issues related to big detour prevention (BDP).

Use
  • The script can be enabled/disabled by toggling the "WME Show Alt Names" layer in the map's layer selector.
  • Hovering over a street name in the table highlights all selected segments with that name.
  • Double-clicking a street name in the table changes the color.
  • Hovering over a segment ID in the table highlights that segment on the map.
  • The "Sort by driving order" option will attempt to sort the segments in the table as if they were
    part of a route starting with the first selected segment. Sorting is performed based on node IDs.
Auto Select Feature

The auto selection feature will select all segments along a Live Map route. At a minimum the user
must select a beginning and ending segment. Optionally, intermediate segments on the desired route may be selected in an attempt to force a certain route that would other be avoided.

Note that because the route is retrived from the Live Map, it is only current to the last tile
update. Routes will not reflect any changes made to the map since th last tile update. This includes
changes to segment names, turn restrictions, functional classification, etc. Also, the tool will not
be able to select a segment if the segment's ID has changed since the last tile update.

Acknowledgements

The idea for this script was proposed by Waze user tonestertm, who also provided beta testing and
lots of feedback and suggestions for improvement. It would not have been possible without him.
SAR85
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16875504

Send a message

Post by whatismoss
Hi,
Ive noticed a small nothing,
When you open WME but the URL dosent have a / at the end (ex. https://www.waze.com/fr/editor),
the script dosent trigger. Might wanna remove the slashes at the end of the @include urls of the script ;)

EDIT : Nevermind me, i was using v1 not v2 :shock:
whatismoss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
Also there is the
Highlight Alt Names checkbox, which puts a full-time highlight on any segment containing an Alt name. (This is seen as the blue highlights in the above images by SAR85)

A sort of "hidden feature" of the Auto Select button (briefly referred to in the OP) is that judicious use can do such things as:
-- select an "arbitrary route of segments"
-- select a series of segments right through a suspected BDP break, for further analysis
-- select a series of segments which are not like-named (as a method of getting a better same-segment-like selection where naming is altered subtly, or briefly, for operations such as Road Type setting for Functional Classification)

Refer to the following extreme example, which one would never actually use in editing, but which I set up to display the flexibility of the tool:

Select 5 segments, in the order labeled (note the order of segments in the Alt Name table, as well)
Crazy Auto Select example - segments - web.jpg
(72.29 KiB) Downloaded 2151 times
Click Auto Select and the route is selected, in order from 1 through 5 (again, note the table order)
Crazy Auto Select example - auto select - web.jpg
(92.72 KiB) Downloaded 2147 times
Selecting through a BDP break for a comprehensive examination is accomplished by selecting at least three segments, with one of the suspected segments mid-route.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by SAR85
PesachZ wrote:
SAR85 wrote:I didn't realize the route selection did not work in beta. I will see if I can fix it or I will disable it. Thanks!
It is blocked by cross domain security, same reason the route selector script doesn't work in Beta probably. You can look on that scripts forum thread for a possible work around by including an access in the code.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll look into it.
SAR85
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by SAR85
I didn't realize the route selection did not work in beta. I will see if I can fix it or I will disable it. Thanks!
SAR85
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by SAR85
One segment missing the alt name:
altnames3.jpg
(122.71 KiB) Downloaded 2177 times
SAR85
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by SAR85
altnames2.JPG
(51.58 KiB) Downloaded 2213 times
altnames1.JPG
(254.06 KiB) Downloaded 2205 times
SAR85
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by PesachZ
SAR85 wrote:I didn't realize the route selection did not work in beta. I will see if I can fix it or I will disable it. Thanks!
It is blocked by cross domain security, same reason the route selector script doesn't work in Beta probably. You can look on that scripts forum thread for a possible work around by including an access in the code.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.pngNYhttps://j.mp/1xPiWC8https://j.mp/1C9mUY2
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum