[App/Script] WURM: Waze Update Request Marker

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [App/Script] Waze Speed Limit WME marker

Postby dbcm » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:53 pm

dbcm wrote:UPDATE: restricted the accuracy to 10 meters to avoid creating URs far away.

UPDATE: switched to 50 meters
It's so Magic™ | Y U N0 W0RK? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dbcm
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby paulkok_my » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:58 pm

dbcm wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:Can you add 35 to your script? We have speed limits at 35 km/h over here in Malaysia. And thanks for the great script. :mrgreen:

For Malasya, what would be the top 12 speed limits signs you choose?
The top signs I would choose will be 10, 15, 20, 30, 35, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 110 although it's quite rare to see 10 & 20.

Would you be able to localize it based on country if it's not too much of an issue? Also switching from the script to the app is fine at a click but switching from the app to the script is another story there.

I would have to click 2 times to access the script and the 3rd click to report the speed limit. Hope there will be a quicker and safer way for that. Until then having this script is better than nothing as it has lesser clicks to report the speed limit compared to the usual way to report using map issue report.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Coordinator & Country Manager: Malaysia & Brunei
Send me a Telegram!
Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, WazeBORNEO
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dbcm » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:05 pm

PesachZ wrote:Hi looks great, four suggestions.
1) would it be possible in the settings to allow the user to customize the text string sent in the livemap UR? For example we like to include "mph" in our URs for filtering purposes in New York so we see our own URs and those regular drivers reported to which usually will say mph in them.
2) could the settings page allow us to choose which numbers to show signs for. For example in USA it is very common to have speed limits ending in 5 (15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, & 75). Since we are in mph it's very uncommon/never to have a speed limit above 80. If we could choose in settigns what is shown for us it would be more useful.
3) could you add an optional text field below the signs which can be used to add a message to included in the UR for a specific sign. So if I pass a sign with a lower limit for a construction/road works I could write "work zone" in the optional text field, and then send the Speed limit. This text could be added to the end of the UR.
4) would the system be able to send a report to the registered email address after a drive (or when requested by the user) of a list of the reports it sent (the speed limit number), and a Permalink to the coordinates in WME for each report. This will help to be able to find them in WME if you forget where you pressed them, or on long trips.

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

1- it's on my TODO, hope today will be online

2- it's related with the first point, when you choose mph, i'll show speed signs in mph :)

3- humm, this should be for fast marking. How you see this working? You stop and write the text?

4- i usually choose my last drive and follow the URs i marked. This doesn't work for you?
dbcm
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby dbcm » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:11 pm

paulkok_my wrote:
dbcm wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:Can you add 35 to your script? We have speed limits at 35 km/h over here in Malaysia. And thanks for the great script. :mrgreen:

For Malasya, what would be the top 12 speed limits signs you choose?
The top signs I would choose will be 10, 15, 20, 30, 35, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 110 although it's quite rare to see 10 & 20.

Would you be able to localize it based on country if it's not too much of an issue? Also switching from the script to the app is fine at a click but switching from the app to the script is another story there.

I would have to click 2 times to access the script and the 3rd click to report the speed limit. Hope there will be a quicker and safer way for that. Until then having this script is better than nothing as it has lesser clicks to report the speed limit compared to the usual way to report using map issue report.

You can always leave this app running on the foreground and mark the signs :)
It would be awesome when you touch the actual speed on waze.app ...

It's on my TODO your speed signs. i'll update this thread when it's done.

Thanks for your feedback.
dbcm
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby PesachZ » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:21 pm

dbcm wrote:
PesachZ wrote:Hi looks great, four suggestions.
1) would it be possible in the settings to allow the user to customize the text string sent in the livemap UR? For example we like to include "mph" in our URs for filtering purposes in New York so we see our own URs and those regular drivers reported to which usually will say mph in them.
2) could the settings page allow us to choose which numbers to show signs for. For example in USA it is very common to have speed limits ending in 5 (15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, & 75). Since we are in mph it's very uncommon/never to have a speed limit above 80. If we could choose in settigns what is shown for us it would be more useful.
3) could you add an optional text field below the signs which can be used to add a message to included in the UR for a specific sign. So if I pass a sign with a lower limit for a construction/road works I could write "work zone" in the optional text field, and then send the Speed limit. This text could be added to the end of the UR.
4) would the system be able to send a report to the registered email address after a drive (or when requested by the user) of a list of the reports it sent (the speed limit number), and a Permalink to the coordinates in WME for each report. This will help to be able to find them in WME if you forget where you pressed them, or on long trips.

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

1- it's on my TODO, hope today will be online

2- it's related with the first point, when you choose mph, i'll show speed signs in mph :)

3- humm, this should be for fast marking. How you see this working? You stop and write the text?

4- i usually choose my last drive and follow the URs i marked. This doesn't work for you?

1 great
2 OK good enough
3 maybe at a stop or in standstill traffic to add just a few letters as a note to myself. Also some of us have auto expansions in our keyboard so one tap can write a few words.
4 not usually since I still have to find them all which can be a lot of panning when trips can be hundreds of miles in one day. A list of the lat/lon+speed+comment? Sent to my email would be great. If it was in a CSV format even better then I could use a spreadsheet to generate PLs, if you generated the PLs for the email that would be best.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby paulkok_my » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:40 pm

dbcm wrote:
You can always leave this app running on the foreground and mark the signs :)
It would be awesome when you touch the actual speed on waze.app ...

It's on my TODO your speed signs. i'll update this thread when it's done.

Thanks for your feedback.
Great and thanks for taking the time to look into it.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Coordinator & Country Manager: Malaysia & Brunei
Send me a Telegram!
Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, WazeBORNEO
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Olestas » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Actually all the needed speeds are already in speedhelper script for many countries..
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=166746
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

GC: Latvia
Coordinator: Latvia
Country manager (Full coverage): Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus/Russia/Ukraine
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby kdevries » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Tried it today.
Very usefull tool
[ img ]
Country Manager: The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
Country Manager: Denmark
Bekijk de wiki
Waze woordenlijst
kdevries
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dbcm » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Olestas wrote:Actually all the needed speeds are already in speedhelper script for many countries..
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=166746

Good point. I'll have a look.

Thanks
dbcm
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby dbcm » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:48 pm

kdevries wrote:Tried it today.
Very usefull tool

Nice to know you liked it.