[App/Script] WURM: Waze Update Request Marker

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [App/Script] WURM: Waze Update Request Marker

Postby dspille » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:28 pm

Mikko_P wrote:1. What does the green background on some speed limits in the webapp mean?

It is showing you the speed limit closest to your current speed.

Mikko_P wrote:2. Also when I see a 40km/h sign on the road and I press "40" on the webapp, it flashes red for a second, does this mean it has reported the speed limit to WME?

That what it means, but as far as I know, this app/service has been broken for quite a while. I seem to recall it was an authentication issue that began when captcha was introduced to WME.
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Mikko_P » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:02 pm

So this webapp won't work now? I just reported some speed signs on the road with this app and I can't find any problems reported in WME.
Mikko_P

Postby dspille » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Yes; that is the issue. The app cannot properly authenticate with WME because of the captcha issue, so the URs never are created and will not show up in WME. Read back over the last several pages of this topic for more details.
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Mikko_P » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:04 pm

Is there any workaround to reporting speed limits to WME? Reporting speedlimits with the correct icon from "Map problem -> Speed limit" in the Waze app doesn't work in Finland.
Mikko_P

Postby jm6087 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:18 pm

Mikko_P wrote:Is there any workaround to reporting speed limits to WME? Reporting speedlimits with the correct icon from "Map problem -> Speed limit" in the Waze app doesn't work in Finland.

The best workaround would be to report them as a "General" issue and enter SL information in the description box.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Mikko_P » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:28 pm

jm6087 wrote:
Mikko_P wrote:Is there any workaround to reporting speed limits to WME? Reporting speedlimits with the correct icon from "Map problem -> Speed limit" in the Waze app doesn't work in Finland.

The best workaround would be to report them as a "General" issue and enter SL information in the description box.

Thanks
Mikko_P

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts