Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Vinkoy
foxitrot wrote:Service is correctly enabled and WSLB starts/disables in tandem with Waze. With the previous version it was possible to Exit. I've tried to uninstall+install 0.40b, but it did not help. Installed back 0.35b and exiting immediately worked. Again 0.40b and again no Exit possible, while Waze is running in foreground.
foxitrot, please try new 0.41b version. Let me know if the problem is still there. Thanks.
Vinkoy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Vinkoy
Fot those who have already installed v0.41b, plese reinstall it from the web site again. I mistakenly published debug version instead of release. Debug app contains an issue with default tap on [...] sign. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Vinkoy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Vinkoy
foxitrot wrote:Still a near miss with the red button ring around the speedometer in the Portrait orientation and completely away in Landscape, I'll post screenshots sometimes tomorrow
To tell the truth I wasn't able to run android emulator with FullHD on my PC, so the changes are applied only on the basis of theory. Please share with screenshots, I'll see.
foxitrot wrote:users would need an optional offset setup to fine-tune it
It makes sense. Added in todo.
foxitrot wrote:It becomes now obvious, that the red button ring optically disturbs the original speedometer functionality - it is always red. Possibly a similar gray would be better, it would not disturb the original speedo ring, but would be obvious when something different is being displayed.
I'll think about it. There are some difficulties in display of the red button on different devices. The most unpleasant thing - to change the size on spot or to fit to each screen resolution. A little easier to change the color/position. I'll try to invent something.
foxitrot wrote:Still the same with the debug version and now even more weird with final 0.41b. After opening WSLB from notification menu and pressing OK / Cancel / Exit Waze gets overlaid with solid gray foreground. (Do it three times and the red ring disappears and WSLB says Disabled. But the gray foreground keeps.) Pressing the Back key discards the gray overlay and Waze is back, but so is the red button ring.
Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce this problem. Could you please tell me more details, such as status of GSP/Wi-Fi/Mobile data, status of checkboxes in Waze SLB, if the Waze app was started, how Waze SLB was started (automatically with Waze or manually)? Also pay attention if the GPS data has been fixed at the moment or fixing of location was in process?

Regarding Exit action in notification, it has been added in v0.35b. On some devices this button may be hidded (it depends on OS). Some android versions allows to hide/unhide these kind of actions: in notification area swype down on the Waze SLB notification to show Exit button or swype up to hide (may not work on some devices android version). BTW, both Exit from notification and Exit button in config form uses the same method to shutdown app. There should be no difference. If they behave differently, additional debugging is necessary to find out the reason.

Thank you for the feedback.
Vinkoy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Vinkoy
AlanBT, please check both checkbox Autostart in Waze SLB and service in Accessibility should be enabled. Do you have any taskkiller installed? I've received another feedback with similar problem, the problem was in power saving mode - device disabled any services in Accessibility while on/off power saving mode. Could you please make sure you don't have something like this?
Probably I need to build a special debug version of the application for such cases to realize the root cause of the problem.

foxitrot, thank you for the details. I've got the issue with Exit. Will be checked.

Corentin-48, the app checks internet connection on startup. If network in unavailable the app closes automatically. Otherwise, app is useless without internet connection, it won't be able to send reports. You may had poor wifi signal or something like that at the moment. But you could start the app manually at any time when you are sure that the connection is good.
Indeed it would be better not to close the application immediately if the network is not available. Instead, the app should be kept in background waiting for the Internet while Waze is running. Added in todo.

Thanks!
Vinkoy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Vinkoy
Largamelion wrote:I have enabled the service but half of the time it does not start with Waze and sometimes it starts when I open or close another app. It's completely unreliable so I have now disabled the 'autostart with Waze' function. This also happened on the previous version.
Largamelion, if you still use the application, could you please check you device for power save mode as in the post above? You may have the same problem.

AlanBT, thank you for the response!
Vinkoy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Vinkoy
Yes, now tap on SL button works as well as Waze UR button. It'll not be able to send UR when connection is lost. I have an idea to keep URs in cache as soon as they are created and then send them to server (by schedule or in another thread). This also will improve app response while sending UR immediately one after the other. Current implementation doesn't allow to send the next UR untill the previous one is not sent. Depending on quality of the connection it may cause a delay between sending of UR.
Vinkoy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Vinkoy
ShadowMasterCM wrote:It won't let me enter my email and save
There is a dash the app puts into my email as it drops to a new line.
Have you tried copy email from elsewhere and past?
lg1992 wrote:I activate the configuration screen of SLB, click "Exit", then go back to Waze. The message appears "Waze SLB disabled", but immediately after that appears "Waze SLB enabled", and SLB is back.
Such behavior might compensate closing SLB while Waze is up, but there's no network. However, i miss a simple way to exit SLB until I start Waze next time.
I am aware of this problem, it's in my todo. Temporary workaround: uncheck "Autostart with Waze" option in config screen or try to Exit from notification.
Largamelion wrote:As mentioned a few posts back the ring is still not aligned properly on FHD screens. I would also suggest a different colour to not confuse people they're driving too fast.
Kartografer wrote:On quad HD (1440x2560) screens it looks like this
It's quite difficult, even likely impossible to place the button exactly above the speedometer for all devices. So, I'll provide the ability to change the position by user in the next versions.
Initially, I didn't want to display the button at all because I didn't see the need. I've added a checkbox "Show button" just to let user know where to tap. I thought users then unckeck this option to hide the ring. In this case the button becomes invisible, but it continues to work.
Kartografer wrote:Another thing that doesn't look quite right is the US speed limit signs
Will be fixed in next release.
Vinkoy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Vinkoy
foxitrot, i've added user defined timeout in todo.
SpencerFG, I've just checked, wslb.tk is still available. Try http://vinkoy.github.io/wslb/
Vinkoy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Vinkoy
Minor update v0.42b:
- Adjusted font size of US signs for FHD and QHD

Please, let me know if something is displayed incorrectly.
Vinkoy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Vinkoy
Today I received the similar email on Hebrew. I haven't changed anything in the request, so I believe this is a temporary phenomenon. If the problem doesn't disappear in the coming days, I'll check, maybe something has changed in the api for the request.
Vinkoy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message