[Script] WME Fix UI v2.37 -- 2019-09-07

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.36 -- 2019-09-01

Postby laurenthembprd » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:55 am

iainhouse wrote:
WazingArch wrote:Hi, is it possible to make Layers menu appear on hovering the mouse over it?

Hovering over the Layers button will make the Layers menu appear - but only if you're using the option to move the Layers button back into the toolbar. I have to balance the available functions against the ever-growing number of options for the script.

I could probably make the mouseover work when the layers button is on the map, but that would mean another option in the settings panel; another setting to be loaded/saved; another function to deal with mouse activity from another location. Not to mention that I think that having the layers button in the map area is stupid and I don't much feel like supporting that decision by Waze. :P
Thank you. :D

iainhouse wrote:
laurenthembprd wrote:But the new WME version no longer includes a scrollbar when there are layers that are hidden below the bottom of the screen.
It's a problem ...

Iain, can you add a scrollbar if necessary, please ?

It took a bit of looking for, but I think I've identified what you're seeing. I'm guessing you have the Layers menu compressed, but not into 2 columns, and on a fairly small screen? I managed to reproduce your issue with those settings.

The menu, as originally created by WME, has a fixed height. When Compress/Enhance Layers Menu is enabled, I set auto-height with a maximum of the original menu height. But the element I was getting that max-height from no longer has a height!

Instead I've altered my code. The maximum height of the menu will now be the height of the map window, less 26 pixels so as not to overlap the bottom status bar. That fix will be in the next release. Until then, why not try a 2-column Layers menu? :mrgreen:
I use the option 2-columns Layers menu. Even so, I can not see the "hidden" layers.
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.36 -- 2019-09-01

Postby iainhouse » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:22 pm

laurenthembprd wrote:I use the option 2-columns Layers menu. Even so, I can not see the "hidden" layers.

Can you post a screenshot? I'm not sure what is going on here and I'd like to be sure I'm fixing the right thing. ;)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.37 -- 2019-09-07

Postby iainhouse » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:29 pm

Version 2.37 is published on GreasyFork. :mrgreen:

This brings a new feature: Minimise GSV drag handle. Being able to adjust the width of GSV is a welcome new feature of WME - but the way it's been implemented leaves something to be desired. The drag handle is a 30-pixel-wide invisible element along the entire length of the map/GSV boundary. Any part of the map or GSV below that invisible element is inaccessible. In addition, I find that I frequently drag the handle by accident when trying to pan the map or GSV. So this function reduces the drag handle to a button at the top of the map/GSV boundary. It's clearly visible, much less likely to get dragged by accident and frees up the obstructed area.
GSVdragbutton.png
(27.78 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

The next addition is a fix for a bug that the WME Devs have recently introduced into both production & beta WME: Map comments in WME currently "cover" segments so they cannot be selected. This bug has been reported and accepted by Waze, but I've no idea when they will fix it. So I've done it for them. 8-) I've added a temporary fix that will move the Map Comments layer "below" segments & junction boxes, but still "over" landmarks. I'm not sure if that's where it's supposed to be, but it's very easy to toggle landmarks & map comments with shortcut keys. Please note: as this is a temporary fix, it's coded to the current version of prod/beta WME. So if they update either without fixing the bug, I will have to issue an update myself to re-instate the fix.

There are also a couple of minor changes:
  • The bug with the layers menu losing it's scrollbar reported by laurenthembprd has been fixed. Thanks to Laurent for testing the fix for me. :)
  • The temporary fix I had in place for WECM has been removed as MapOMatic has updated that script to deal with the new arrangement of toolbar buttons.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby laurenthembprd » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:51 pm

iainhouse wrote:The next addition is a fix for a bug that the WME Devs have recently introduced into both production & beta WME: Map comments in WME currently "cover" segments so they cannot be selected. This bug has been reported and accepted by Waze, but I've no idea when they will fix it. So I've done it for them. 8-) I've added a temporary fix that will move the Map Comments layer "below" segments & junction boxes, but still "over" landmarks. I'm not sure if that's where it's supposed to be, but it's very easy to toggle landmarks & map comments with shortcut keys. Please note: as this is a temporary fix, it's coded to the current version of prod/beta WME. So if they update either without fixing the bug, I will have to issue an update myself to re-instate the fix.

Thanks for the fix.
Can you do the same for POIs under map comments, please? :mrgreen:
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby jm6087 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:02 pm

laurenthembprd wrote:
iainhouse wrote:I've added a temporary fix that will move the Map Comments layer "below" segments & junction boxes, but still "over" landmarks. I'm not sure if that's where it's supposed to be, but it's very easy to toggle landmarks & map comments with shortcut keys.

Thanks for the fix.
Can you do the same for POIs under map comments, please? :mrgreen:

He said it is still "over" landmarks (POIs) and that it is easy enough to toggle them, and this is a temporary fix, so I don't think he is wanting to spend much time trying to solve everything.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby iainhouse » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:21 pm

What he said :D

The real problem is that I really don't know where the map comments layer was before the bug was introduced, so I made my best guess and moved it below the segments layer, but not below the landmarks layer - which includes both area and point places

Having said that, I hadn't considered point places when I was thinking about it. You can understand that whether area places or map comments are on top is a balanced choice. But you would still expect point places to be on top of either, so with hindsight, I would probably have put map comments below landmarks.

The change is extremely simple, but that compares to several other things that need to be done when I put out an update. Also, this is a recognised bug, so I would hope that they would fix it soon.

If I have reason to make another release - either for a new feature, or if WME updates and doesn't fix the bug - I will put map comments below the landmarks layer.

Unless, of course, someone wants to argue the other way! :lol:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby abc1357 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:52 pm

Today's Dilbert comic strip seems to be particularly appropriate.

Dilbert 2019-09-18.png
(102.01 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
-- abc1357 --
California State Manager

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager

Postby iainhouse » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:09 pm

abc1357 wrote:Today's Dilbert comic strip seems to be particularly appropriate.

Dilbert 2019-09-18.png

Exactly the same thought occurred to me when I read it. :lol:

Except, of course, there is no manual for WME. :roll:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts