[Script] WME Fix UI v2.39.1 -- 2019-09-30

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.38 -- 2019-09-27

Postby iainhouse » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:09 am

Version 2.38 is published on GreasyFork!

This is all about dealing with the fairly awful update to the Layers menu that hit WME production earlier this week. An uncomfortable mess of conflicting control styles and and unwanted changes to the way the menu opens & closes - and that's after HQ acted on a fair amount of feedback. :roll: :evil:

Compression & Contrast enhancements are pretty much completely re-written to deal with the new menu.

The autoshow/autohide functionality has been fixed. With the layers button moved back to the toolbar, mousing over the button will open the menu and mousing out of the menu will close it again. Please note that you can't pin the menu open at the moment. The next update should return that functionality.

If you leave the layers menu on the map area, then it works as HQ intend: clicking on the button opens the menu and it stays open until you take one of the multiple options to close it: click on the X in the menu; click on the map (but not on a selectable object; pan the map; zoom the map; open GSV; change the map window size. I've also heard that if you shout "Open Street Map" loudly, the menu will hide in fear. :lol:

I am not happy with the way bits of the menu collapse when they're disabled. I know how the menu is laid out and therefore where the option I'm looking for is supposed to be. If bits of the menu keep hiding away, the rest of it shuffles around to match. I've therefore replaced the "Show more options" function with Show all options in Layers menu, to stop anything disappearing.

At the moment the single-column menu will always be full height. I haven't been able to work out a way to make it reliably use an auto-height. The 2-column menu, however is auto-height.

Apart from restoring the functionality to pin the menu open when its auto-opening, I will probably have some more tweaks coming. But I wanted to get a working update out ASAP, given that WME FixUI wasn't interacting well with the current WME. Comments and suggestions are, as always, welcome. :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.37 -- 2019-09-07

Postby dspille » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:55 pm

iainhouse wrote:The next addition is a fix for a bug that the WME Devs have recently introduced into both production & beta WME: Map comments in WME currently "cover" segments so they cannot be selected. This bug has been reported and accepted by Waze, but I've no idea when they will fix it. So I've done it for them. 8-) I've added a temporary fix that will move the Map Comments layer "below" segments & junction boxes, but still "over" landmarks. I'm not sure if that's where it's supposed to be, but it's very easy to toggle landmarks & map comments with shortcut keys. Please note: as this is a temporary fix, it's coded to the current version of prod/beta WME. So if they update either without fixing the bug, I will have to issue an update myself to re-instate the fix.

iainhouse, did your map comment fix break with the new release? Your fix doesn't seem to be working for me with v2.38.
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.39 -- 2019-09-29

Postby iainhouse » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Version 2.39 is published on GreasyFork. :mrgreen:

The main point of this release is to restore the ability to pin the layers menu open when using auto-show/hide for the menu. As previously noted, moving the layers & refresh buttons back into the toolbar automatically enables the auto-show/hide.

I've also improved the compression on the new layers menu; as always, trying to make WME as usable as possible for those of us who don't have Full-HD screens at our ready disposal. :)

It is possible to cause a minor problem if you enable/disable moving the layers & refresh buttons in/out of the toolbar whilst GSV is open. But I don't expect anyone will be regularly changing that setting and a page refresh fixes it anyway.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby turbomkt » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:42 am

I have a 4k screen on my laptop and the browser is at 80% zoom. The layers menu is worthless without modification.
turbomkt
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby iainhouse » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:36 pm

turbomkt wrote:I have a 4k screen on my laptop and the browser is at 80% zoom. The layers menu is worthless without modification.

Not quite sure what you're saying here. ;)

Are you saying the layers menu is worthless without WME FixUI modifying it? It so, I couldn't agree more, but there's not much point saying it here. You're preaching to the converted.

Or are you saying that the WME FixUI modifications are making the layers menu worthless? If so, let me have a screenshot to see what the problem is. :)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby turbomkt » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:54 pm

I'm saying that I have a high definition screen and stock WME Layers are still worthless. You need a BIG screen, regardless of pixel count, for WME Layers to fit. This is what I have in incognito mode on a 4K laptop display.
Attachments
Menu.jpg
(200.99 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
turbomkt
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby iainhouse » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:45 pm

turbomkt wrote:I'm saying that I have a high definition screen and stock WME Layers are still worthless. You need a BIG screen, regardless of pixel count, for WME Layers to fit. This is what I have in incognito mode on a 4K laptop display.

OK - it's good that I haven't broken anything. :)

I suggest you say as much on the Coming Next: New Layer Panel !!! - Your Feedback is needed!! or New WME Beta version v2.39-21 topics in the Beta forum. They do seem to be moderately responsive to feedback - although their response to oversized items is notoriously poor. :?
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.39.1 -- 2019-09-30

Postby iainhouse » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:10 pm

dspille wrote:iainhouse, did your map comment fix break with the new release? Your fix doesn't seem to be working for me with v2.38.

Version 2.37 release notes wrote:The next addition is a fix for a bug that the WME Devs have recently introduced into both production & beta WME: Map comments in WME currently "cover" segments so they cannot be selected. This bug has been reported and accepted by Waze, but I've no idea when they will fix it. So I've done it for them. 8-) I've added a temporary fix that will move the Map Comments layer "below" segments & junction boxes, but still "over" landmarks. I'm not sure if that's where it's supposed to be, but it's very easy to toggle landmarks & map comments with shortcut keys. Please note: as this is a temporary fix, it's coded to the current version of prod/beta WME. So if they update either without fixing the bug, I will have to issue an update myself to re-instate the fix.

Sorry, I missed that post to say it was broken. And it isn't exactly broken. The fix was hard-coded to the WME version. They updated production without fixing it, so the fix stopped working. I'd forgotten that would happen! :lol:

Version 2.39.1 re-implements the fix for production and beta. It also now moves the comments layer below the places layer, as I said I'd do if I had to update this fix again. :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.39.1 -- 2019-09-30

Postby turbomkt » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:07 am

I posted in the WME Release thread. https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=291348
turbomkt
Country Manager
Country Manager

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts