[Script] WME Fix UI v2.42 -- 2019-11-22

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.41 -- 2019-11-20

Postby iainhouse » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Version 2.41 is published on GreasyFork!

This update deals with the new version of WME released from Beta to Production today. That version introduces changes to the internal Waze data model which, as you have probably noticed, have broken many scripts. Fortunately, thanks to Glodenox, the changes have been identified. He has even created a script that will protect scripts from the changes until we can all get round to updating them. :mrgreen:

The new WME version also fixes the Waze-introduced bug that placed area map comments "above" point places, area places and segments, preventing them being selected. I had some code in WME FixUI to fix that problem - now it's not needed, I've removed it.

Lastly there's a minor change to how WME was creating the user info button - but you'd never have noticed because WME FixUI was so badly broken, it never reached the point where it would have failed to change that button to an icon! :lol:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby iainhouse » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 pm

Oh dear. I just spotted another change I missed. W.map.zoom used to return the zoom value at all times. Now it only returns the zoom value as it was when you loaded the editor.

That means the the number shown on the Zoom Level Indicator in my zoom bar no longer changes. :(

It's a quick fix, but I think I'll wait a bit to see if anything else needs fixing before I push another version.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.40 -- 2019-11-18

Postby MajkiiTelini » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:11 pm

iainhouse wrote:my Permalink Checker function can now handle places in the WME URL, as well as segments. If the URL contains a segments parameter, the button will still show the number of segments and clicking it will reselect them. If there isn't a segments parameter but there is a venues parameter, then the button will show the number of places and, on clicking, re-select them.

Could you please consider in the same logic that WME URL can contain other parameters as nodes, mapComments, mapUpdateRequest or cameras? It will be very useful especially in that cases when opening permalink without relevant map layer switched on.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
LC Czech Republic
MajkiiTelini
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.40 -- 2019-11-18

Postby iainhouse » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:25 pm

MajkiiTelini wrote:
iainhouse wrote:my Permalink Checker function can now handle places in the WME URL, as well as segments. If the URL contains a segments parameter, the button will still show the number of segments and clicking it will reselect them. If there isn't a segments parameter but there is a venues parameter, then the button will show the number of places and, on clicking, re-select them.

Could you please consider in the same logic that WME URL can contain other parameters as nodes, mapComments, mapUpdateRequest or cameras? It will be very useful especially in that cases when opening permalink without relevant map layer switched on.

I could certainly give it a try. :mrgreen: It's worth bearing in mind that I "borrowed" the code from the Reselect Permalinks bookmarklet. I didn't write it, so I'll have to experiment a bit. But the fact that the extra possibilities you mention are all singles (you can't select multiples in one permalink) should simplify it a bit.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby MajkiiTelini » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:50 am

It looks like that mapUpdateRequest parameter can be combined along with others in one permalink, so be aware of it.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
LC Czech Republic
MajkiiTelini
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.42 -- 2019-11-22

Postby iainhouse » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Version 2.42 is published on GreasyFork! :mrgreen:

Following the request above, the Permalink Checker can now handle places, segments, junction nodes, map comments and cameras! I did not try to include URs, MPs or PURs - these items, as mentioned, can appear in addition to the initial list of types. They also use a different selection method. I'm aware of the trouble other script-writers (like UR-MP) have had with selecting them correctly and it's not a mess I want to try & solve when people who are better at this than I am are having difficulty. :lol:

Also note that I only handle properly-constructed permalinks - ie ones that only contain one of the object types and don't include multiple object IDs where only one can be selected. Whilst the Permalink button will only provide a properly-constructed permalink, you can edit the permalink to include extra items. But, for example, if you open a Permalink which includes 4 cameras, Waze will only select the first one and my reselect function will also only try the first one. Also, if you construct a permalink that includes segments and cameras, I will only reselect the first type I check for and find.

Whilst working on this, I did discover an interesting bug. You can manually construct a permalink that includes multiple junction nodes and WME will select them all! Since this is a bug, I haven't followed it - I only open the first node listed.

The other change in this release is that I have fixed the Zoom Level Indicator. :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.42 -- 2019-11-22

Postby RichardPyne » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:47 pm

I have an ongoing issue with FixUI that is not a huge problem, but somewhat of an annoyance. Many times when I zoom to a new location on the map, the zoom bar seems to get stuck between displaying the relocated bar and the recreated bar, such that the overlay each other and neither work. I can fix it by switching to the FU tab and un-checking and re-checking the Recreate zoom bar & move map controls option. On rare occasion, it will correct itself by scrolling the map or just waiting a considerable time.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts