Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by abc1357
RichardPyne wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:42 am
abc1357 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:28 am A thought for an alternate implementation - note, I have no idea whether this is just difficult or plain impossible.

Instead of the slider, what about just showing the zoom level number on the existing +/- controls that WME already has.

Thanks.

The great part of the slider is being able to zoom several levels in one shot instead of one zoom level at a time

Maybe make the zoom number changeable by typing over it?

abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by ABelter
With "Compress/enhance bars above the map" selected, the new Railroad Crossing menu option appears to be getting stuck as disabled. It seems that native WME initially loads this as disabled for all users and then enables it after checking permissions; not sure if the FU modifications are preventing that from happening? Weirdly it only happens in Chrome for me, it enables in Firefox without issue. Tested using v2.45.1, with FU as the only script running.

Edit: I should note, this only happens if that option is checked upon load.
ABelter
Send a message
Andrew aka ABelter
State Manager / North Carolina
Traffic Event Marshal / South Atlantic Region (NC, SC, TN, KY)
andrew@wazenc.us

Post by ABelter
jm6087 wrote:Are you referring to the Layer option or the ability to add new RRCs?

I am not seeing that with either. I have tried with the option selected and not selected.
This was the ability to add new RRCs. It seems to be a script conflict of some sort, but by moving FU to load first in TM, it does not occur anymore. Haven't been able to narrow down exactly which script(s) may be causing the conflict yet.

This is the error that was occurring when it was loading later in TM, always after the log for WMEFU saving options to local storage:
ABelter
Send a message
Andrew aka ABelter
andrew@wazenc.us

Post by ABelter
I think there may be an easy solution: There's a completely arbitrary 500px max-height on each collapsible section. When I added the following line into the compressLayersMenu function (specifically as line 1066), problem solved for me:

Code: Select all

styles += '.layer-switcher ul[class^="collapsible"] { max-height: none; }';
ABelter
Send a message
Andrew aka ABelter
andrew@wazenc.us

Post by ABelter
SunDevil2213 wrote:The script is breaking my ability to toggle the FC Layer in the Layers menu. With Fix UI disabled, I have an FC Layer check box in my layers menu. When I enable Fix UI, the FC Layer check box disappears. Thanks for looking into this

My request/suggestion from August solves this issue with one line of CSS. Would love to see this implemented in FixUI ;)
ABelter
Send a message
Andrew aka ABelter
andrew@wazenc.us

Post by aBshield
Great script; thanks for doing this. I especially like the script acronym, some of the mouseover context help, and the fact you're not apologetic about it.
iainhouse wrote:
  • Compress layout of UR/MP pop-ups and allow resizable comment input box on URs
Any workarounds for not being able to resize the comment input box when using UrComments? I'm guessing this is because this script makes the input field larger, and probably does so to a fixed size. Perhaps I should request this be made optional in UrComments to play nicer with features like this from other scripts?
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by age4670
I'm having trouble getting WME Nav History to display as of a few weeks ago. It runs as the buttons flash up and disappear. I have tried disabling various scripts (in Chrome) but can't seem to get anything to show. I tried in FireFox but can't even get the script to run.

There was at one point a fix in WME FU. Any thoughts on what may have changed recently and how to fix?
age4670  
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message