[Script] WME Fix UI v2.35 -- 2019-08-19

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v0.3

Postby iainhouse » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:57 pm

foxitrot wrote:Would you mind to try keeping most of your fixes user-selectable?

That is one of the reasons for writing this script. WME Maximized had some of these UI alterations, but the whole thing is one monolithic block which is either active or not. This script is far more complex because I have provided a user interface to control the changes and all changes are reversible without re-loading the page.

Having said that, I still have to group the changes somewhat, otherwise my UI will rapidly become a mass of checkboxes. For example, "compress side panel" currently changes something like 20 CSS attributes. :)

Olestas wrote:Iain, compressing makes Comments section in URs too small.. could it be not minimised? :D

I can see that. :( Very few elements in the WME UI have unique identifiers, so I'm modifying a lot of class-based CSS. Obviously the comment box shares a class with something in the side panel. Shouldn't be too hard to fix. Re-formatting URs and MPs is on my roadmap already.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v0.2

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:48 pm

iainhouse wrote:Shrink the black bar at the top of the map
This bar was another gift to us from the Waze UI team. Nobody wanted it, it used up valuable map space and it interferes with at least one other script. :x I haven't worked out how to banish it yet, but at least I can make it smaller. :)

Only "tested" this quickly in the Firebug console and in WME Production, so no guarantees it'll work in Chrome or in WME Beta, or that it won't royally bugger up another script along the way, but it may be helpful as a starting point... I'm sure there's also a more elegant way to script the DOM node traversal from WazeMap in order to set all the parent element height styles, but I leave that as an exercise for the reader (as all the best sci/eng text books are legally obliged to mention at least once per chapter :D )

Code: Select all
document.getElementById("street-view-container").style.height="100%";
document.getElementById("street-view-container").childNodes[1].style.height="100%";
document.getElementById("WazeMap").style.height="100%";
document.getElementById("WazeMap").parentElement.style.height="100%";
document.getElementById("WazeMap").parentElement.parentElement.style.height="100%";
document.getElementById("WazeMap").parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.style.height="100%";
document.getElementById("WazeMap").parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.style.height="100%";
document.getElementById("topbar-container").style.display="none";
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:50 pm

Oh yes, and if there are any other generic UI tweaks you want to adopt from URO+ (e.g. background colour alteration), feel free to shamelessly rip the relevant parts of the code and reuse them as you see fit.
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:03 pm

You may, or may not, also be interested in considering the effects of the following line of code...

document.getElementsByClassName('save-popover-container')[0].getElementsByClassName('close-popover')[0].click();

...particularly if you're starting to get a tad irritated by the oh so cheery "Saved Successfully!" popup that blocks further editing for a few seconds after each save operation. I was planning to do something about this in the next URO+ release, but if you want to make use of it instead then be my guest.

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby iainhouse » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:16 pm

@Twister-UK: Thanks for the code. I'm too tired to think tonight, but I'll look at it over the weekend. Just a quick scan tells me I'm going to learn something already! I started this script as no more than ripping bits out of other scripts, Googling how to do extra things and masses of experimentation. It's going to be quite a while before I'm anywhere near your level of expertise and by then, I'll probably re-write all my early stuff. :lol:

And yes, I may well steal some generic UI tweaks. Things that generally affect the UI (like hiding the user info) make a good fit with this script, so I want to include the options - even if they are available in other scripts. Of course, the possible downside is that the rest of you will leave these fixes to me - and it will be my job to panic every time WME gets a new version. :P But then I've watched the efforts you guys have put in for years when this happens. I don't mind if it's my turn.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby sh-oded » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:57 am

Thanks for the script.
Thre are some issues for right-to-left interface, such as in Hebrew mode.
In Hebrew mode, the default location of the zoom bar is at the left side, and the UR dialog appears at the right side.

issue 1:
When FU script is enabled, the zoom bar moves to the left. The UR dialog is also on the left side, so, cannot use the zoom bar while UR dialog is open.
issue 2:
If selecting "Move zoom bar to left", the bar moves to the left. the UR dialog also moves to the left. but almost all of it is now outside of the window and it hides the zoom bar. So, both the zoom bar and the UR dialog are inaccessible.
מנהל מתנדב, גבעת-שמואל, קרית-אונו ובקעת אונו
LC: Israel, CM: Israel, Jordan
הוספת קישור(פרמלינק) מדריך לעריכת המפה הוספת/עדכון מקום
Galaxy S10-SM-G973F, Android 9.0, Waze latest Beta
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby iainhouse » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:14 pm

sh-oded wrote:Thre are some issues for right-to-left interface, such as in Hebrew mode.

You aren't kidding! God only knows what Waze have done here! :roll:

My script actually never does nothing to the zoom bar & UR box. It either sets the CSS to put them on the left or on the left. But in RTL mode, setting the UR box to position "left:70px" does, indeed, put it almost entirely off the LH side of the screen. I had to increase it to "left:370px" just to get it back again!

I don't know whether this is because of how WME has been coded, or how my script is coded. To be honest, I had never even considered how it would operate with RTL mode. In the next version, if I can't fix it, I'll see if I can code an RTL check to disable the zoom bar moving.

By the way, there has been a lot of speculation as to why Waze decided to screw us all up by arbitrarily moving the zoom bar to the right. I've seen some comments about how it's for parity with RTL languages because Waze is Israeli. I took those for jokes, but having seen the RTL interface, maybe they are not. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to find that the Waze UI team decided to move the zoom bar because "that's where we like it in RTL layout" - and a big middle finger to editors everywhere who don't use RTL. :evil:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby lopaolo69 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:24 pm

Please, can you enable me to remove the time lost when the save popup messagge stay in front of all and block me to continue editing?
In the last wme version, this time is increased :(

Paolo
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
CM Italy Senegal and Thailand

Waze 4.40.0.2 on a Iphone 7 (IOS 11.4).
Il Pillolario - Link Utili
lopaolo69
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:27 am

iainhouse wrote:It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to find that the Waze UI team decided to move the zoom bar because "that's where we like it in RTL layout" - and a big middle finger to editors everywhere who don't use RTL. :evil:

Pretty much every time something in WME gets changed, I get the feeling it's due to someone in the WME dev team having what seems to them to be a "really great idea" and then refusing to acknowledge any criticism of said change, let alone accept that their idea might actually be, even just the tiniest bit, flawed. If there isn't at least one big fan of Steve Jobs within the senior dev team, I'd be quite surprised - their approach to product development and user feedback management reminds me all too often of the way the Jobs-era Apple would behave. And I don't mean that as a compliment...

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:14 am

iainhouse wrote:My script actually never does nothing to the zoom bar & UR box. It either sets the CSS to put them on the left or on the left. But in RTL mode, setting the UR box to position "left:70px" does, indeed, put it almost entirely off the LH side of the screen. I had to increase it to "left:370px" just to get it back again!

RTL mode and the left/right offset values for absolute-positioned elements don't appear to follow the usual rules of sanity or logic, and you're therefore probably best off avoiding them entirely.

Note that the UR box is actually contained in its own element within panel-container, so a cleaner solution to moving the UR box appears to be to leave panel-container well alone and just manipulate the offset of the box element itself:

document.getElementById('panel-container').children[0].style.left="70px";

This also works on MP and PUR boxes too...

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts