[Script] WME Fix UI v2.35 -- 2019-08-19

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v0.3

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:06 am

Although, as I realised at some point later, you would need to reapply that each time the UR/MP/PUT box was opened, whereas the one advantage of manipulating the parent container is that it's always present.
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:13 pm

Coolness. I like it so far. Would like to see the functionality of "WME Validator Visibility Toggle" script incorporated into yours. Right now, they don't play well together specifically because they both contain the "Hide user profile" option.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby iainhouse » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Would like to see the functionality of "WME Validator Visibility Toggle" script incorporated into yours

I haven't even heard of that script! However, I cannot resist the temptation to tell the father of forum replies to "read the forums": :lol:
iainhouse wrote:At this point in time, I am still developing the script. There are a number of features that I immediately want to add to it. Once I've done what I want, I will say so. Until then, please don't bombard me with requests for new features.

Seriously, I don't want to get into fixing other scripts too much. I know I am fiddling with the display in quite a crude way. Where that interferes with other scripts that I am aware of, I will attempt to deal with the problem.

For example, I move the Toolbox zoom-level indicator when I move the zoom bar. This actually fixes it's position when the zoom bar isn't moved, but that's a byproduct rather than an intentional repair.

Where there's a problem with another script, I would prefer to let the developer(s) of that script know about it and let the deal with it. Bearing in mind that, at my present level of expertise, they are more likely to be helping me. However, given Validator's popularity and utility, coupled with the demands on a developer who has other demands on his time, I will add "look at this" to my roadmap (see the second post in this thread).
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:20 pm

Lol, fair enough. Didn't think we were at the Bombardment Level yet. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby iainhouse » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:05 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Lol, fair enough. Didn't think we were at the Bombardment Level yet. :)

I have 3 other UK Country Admins on a Slack channel who can't stop coming up with new suggestions! :lol: Fortunately they are also providing help with implementing them.

And whilst I'm posting - 50 installs in the first week. Woo!
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby iainhouse » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:10 am

Version 0.4 is now posted on Greasyfork. No new features yet, just bugfixes and improvements.

• The previous version had an inadvertent effect on the UR box, due to CSS leakage. I've now fixed that and can throw away the diaper. :lol:
  • Moving the zoom bar now works correctly with right-to-left languages - or at least with Hebrew.
  • There are several incremental improvements made to the compression of the side panel, including shuffling Toll, 4x4 and Tunnel check boxes onto one line (within the limits of your local translations).
    I've gone about as far as I want to with vertically compressing this section. It's already getting a bit cramped and I added a yellow highlight to the street name to make it stand out somewhat.
  • When shifting the zoom bar, the amount the UR/MP panel is shifted out of the way now takes into account whether the WME Toolbox zoom level indicator is present.
I've been massively helped with these improvements by Dave2084, who has shown me how to control the scope of the CSS, came up with the method to get the checkboxes onto one line and has provided lots of help & ideas.

Next on the roadmap is work on the UR/MP dialogues. I also plan to look at altering the width of the side panel.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby RussPA » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:03 pm

iainhouse wrote:I added a yellow highlight to the street name to make it stand out somewhat.

I don't know if this was intended, but when you click on the road name to get the road details, Street City, State, and Country labels are highlighted yellow.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby iainhouse » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:18 pm

RussPA wrote:I don't know if this was intended, but when you click on the road name to get the road details, Street City, State, and Country labels are highlighted yellow.

Picky, picky, picky! :lol:

Well it wasn't intended, but I thought it looked OK. Anyway, since you've picked up on it; and it is another CSS damp patch; and I'm currently working on the script, I thought I'd better have a look.

This is fixed for the next update. :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby RussPA » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:52 pm

Sorry, not really picky (just a bit OCD, if you ask my wife ;) ), just wondered if it was supposed to be that way. The road name looks good highlighted, though. I still like the script, picky and all.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby iainhouse » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:20 am

Version 0.5 is released

This introduces some re-styling for the UR and MP panels. As with the side panel, these changes are all about reducing space wasted by larger fonts and oversized margins.

One important reason for reducing these is a larger, re-sizable text entry box for comments! :mrgreen: As anyone who's followed me on the forums for a while can tell, I need plenty of room to see everything I write. :lol:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts