[Script] WME Fix UI v2.35 -- 2019-08-19

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v0.3

Postby AquaZR1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Found an issue. When adding new house numbers the oval to put the house number in is not visible unless I turn off "Shrink the black bar above the map". I am using new v0.5 on Chrome.
[ img ][ img ]
Steve
AM - Southern Central Valley, CA
AM - Kauai, HI
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby RussPA » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:31 pm

I'm using Chrome and v0.5, but I don't have that problem. I have all the FU options turned on and house numbers add fine.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Olestas » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:53 pm

AquaZR1 wrote:Found an issue. When adding new house numbers the oval to put the house number in is not visible unless I turn off "Shrink the black bar above the map". I am using new v0.5 on Chrome.

This is strange, just had the same problem. But after restart of WME it disappeared.. It appeared again and disappeared randomly after that.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

GC: Latvia
Coordinator: Latvia
Country manager (Full coverage): Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus/Russia/Ukraine
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v0.5

Postby AquaZR1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:37 pm

It's consistent for me. Not sure if it's the combination of scripts I'm running or what. Easy to work around though.
[ img ][ img ]
Steve
AM - Southern Central Valley, CA
AM - Kauai, HI
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby foxitrot » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:42 pm

iainhouse wrote:...some re-styling for the UR and MP panels... a larger, re-sizable text entry box for comments! :mrgreen:

If a user script would be able to enlarge the hair-thin UR comment input field in Waze application :( Waze folks are refusing to do this for years.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:09 pm

AquaZR1 wrote:Found an issue. When adding new house numbers the oval to put the house number in is not visible unless I turn off "Shrink the black bar above the map". I am using new v0.5 on Chrome.

I can see some sort of issue. Sometimes the entry box doesn't appear, but it seems to happen for me inconsistently and I've seen it with the black bar in both states.

I'll flag it as a potential bug and look into it some more. :geek:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby t0cableguy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:01 am

This is nice. I really think this is a huge improvement (even on my dual 32" HD tv's).

One comment though. I think you are crowding the top of the left pane a little at the top. panel swap and the beta/prod toggle for Keep My Layers are overlapping things when they shouldn't.
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@
t0cableguy

Postby iainhouse » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:52 pm

t0cableguy wrote:I think you are crowding the top of the left pane a little at the top. panel swap and the beta/prod toggle for Keep My Layers are overlapping things when they shouldn't.

It's a fair comment, but try this little experiment: resize your screen to 1366x768 and have a look at the side panel. You'll find it's now full from top to bottom.

1366x768 is a very common size for laptop screens. Whilst I find the new layout somewhat compressed for my personal taste (that's why the street name needed a highlight), I am developing this script with others in mind. If I can produce a reasonable experience for the majority of editors, I'll put up with it being a bit cramped for me.

As far as the WME Panel Swap button, I've already added a tweak to it's position. It still partially overlaps other items, but I'll have a look at moving it a bit further.

WME Keep My Layers is not a script I have installed. However, since I know I'm interfering with it (and thank you for pointing it out), I'll install it and see what I can do. The nature of my script means it's bound to interfere with some other user scripts. Wherever practical I will try to work around/with them. :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v0.6

Postby iainhouse » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:01 pm

Version 0.6 is here, with 2 new features and some minor bug fixes. :mrgreen:

Disable map blocking on save
As many editors have noted, and complained about bitterly, the last update to WME introduced a new feature: when you hit the save button, the map is completely blocked from access for 2 seconds. No reason has been provided for this. Nobody I know has come up with a good guess at why this might be necessary. In the meantime, any editor who hit's save and then moves the map to the next bit they are going to edit ends up selecting all text on screen. It's massively annoying and an unnecessary break in workflow. So now you can disable it!

The blocking is accomplished by placing a translucent layer in front of the map. My solution is to reduce it's size to zero. This same layer is also used to block the screen when you try to save something that looks wrong and the regression checker pops up. So my fix means that, when the regression checker pops up you can pan & zoom the map. There is some odd behaviour with the dark tinting over the map, but all editing is disabled until you click "edit" or "save", so it's only a visual quirk.

Please note that you use this option at your own risk. Maybe there is a good reason for the block?

Narrow Side Panel
This is for you netbook users out there. I've already done a lot with compressing the side panel vertically. But on a small screen, with Street View open and a UR panel open, there's practically no map area left! This function shrinks the side panel from 330 pixels width to 250. I've also made tweak to the closures dialogue, as it would otherwise be unusable with the narrowed side-panel.

Note that I am fully aware that this will interfere with some scripts: UR/MP Tracker and WME Bookmarks, for example. It would be presumptuous of me to even consider asking these other script writers to re-write their scripts to account for variable-width tabs, particularly as I expect this to be an option only used by the few editors on small screens like netbooks. By the same token, I won't be working to tweak them myself.

Bug fixes:
  • My yellow highlight on the street name was "leaking" into the street/city naming dialogue. I've fixed that
  • I hadn't used a sensible method to re-position the WMEFP PM All button in the UR dialog. Also fixed.

The bug with house numbers continues to give me trouble. It's definitely caused by the "re-size black bar" function. It seems to be triggered if you re-size the black bar after WME has finished loading, especially if you do so whilst the house number "lightbox" is visible. I'll keep looking into it.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v0.6

Postby sh-oded » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Thanks for all improvents till now.
There's a new bug in 0.6 for RTL (Hebew) display: The upper icons are not left justifed - a white gap appears. See in the attached images:
FU0.6En.jpg
LTR-Icons right justified
(14.05 KiB) Downloaded 856 times

FU0.6HE.jpg
RTL-White GAP left to icons
(31.06 KiB) Downloaded 823 times
מנהל מתנדב, גבעת-שמואל, קרית-אונו ובקעת אונו
LC: Israel, CM: Israel, Jordan
הוספת קישור(פרמלינק) מדריך לעריכת המפה הוספת/עדכון מקום
Galaxy S10-SM-G973F, Android 9.0, Waze latest Beta
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs