[Script] WME Fix UI v2.37 -- 2019-09-07

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.29 -- 2019-08/07

Postby iainhouse » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:18 pm

Version 2.29 is published on Greasyfork. :mrgreen:

Some of the new WME toolbar design has made it to production. Fortunately, I'd made some advance fixes when the changes were in Beta, so the new WME version didn't break the script. Since then, I've made some improvements.

As you will have seen, my extra controls (Panel Swap, Permalink Checker, Hide Turn Dialogues) had moved to the toolbar from the LH panel header. This made it rather more obvious that they weren't formatted in the same way as the standard toolbar buttons and they looked untidy. I've changed the internal construction of the Permalink Checker and Hide Turn Dialogue buttons so they have the same makeup and formatting as the standard buttons, leading to a tidier and more consistent appearance.

I've moved the Panel Swap button button back to the LH panel header - since it manipulates the panel, I think that's the right place.

I've also improved the changes I make to the Search box. I was reducing the height too much so, again, it didn't look consistent with the rest of the toolbar contents.

The new version of the toolbar continues to evolve. There have been significant issues for users of smaller screens. The bad news is that Waze keep changing things, but the good news is that they are doing this in response to feedback in Beta, so I can't complain! :lol: However, the toolbar is still having trouble handling screen widths much below 1300 pixels. I have therefore added a new feature: Hide toolbar menu labels. Simply put, this will permanently hide the text labels next to the icons for the dropdown menus in the toolbar. That reduction in width will allow the toolbar to remain usable at smaller screen sizes down to about 1100 pixels in width. Whilst the toolbar design is flux, this simple fix should help. :D

Note that the current version of Toolbox is actually formatted like a WME button - so it has acquired a border when my contrast enhancements are on and will not lose it's text label - but the next version of Toolbox will behave like the other menus.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.29 -- 2019-07-08

Postby tonestertm » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:44 pm

Don't know if this would be possible, but would there be a way to force display of a HN which is in the data, when there is no street or city accompanying it? Not sure if this is the right script to ask. It seems like a FU item, but might jibe better with PIE. Not sure.
[ img ]
ARC for SW Region, USA
US Local Champ, US Country Manager
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby iainhouse » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:51 pm

tonestertm wrote:Don't know if this would be possible, but would there be a way to force display of a HN which is in the data, when there is no street or city accompanying it? Not sure if this is the right script to ask. It seems like a FU item, but might jibe better with PIE. Not sure.

I wouldn't even know where to start, I'm afraid :(
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby tonestertm » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:41 am

Sorry, should have specified that I meant the House Number in a Place. Not the type attached to segments.
[ img ]
ARC for SW Region, USA
US Local Champ, US Country Manager
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby iainhouse » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:08 pm

A new version of WME has been released to production. You don't need to tell me it doesn't work well with WME FixUI - I'm painfully aware. :cry:

The Layers and Refresh buttons have been moved into the map area. This is interfering in a big way with the function to recreate the Zoom bar and my enhancements to the layers menu. The "Move chat back to the right" function is also partially broken - turning the option off & on again seems to work, but refreshing chucks it back on the left.

Based on a (very) quick assessment, it looks something in "Enhance Layers" menu is crashing out, stopping the options following it from working. If you disable "Enhance Layers", then the Zoom bar will work and Chat will move. However, creating the zoom bar will also move the Google Street View and Show My location buttons somewhere off the screen, so you might want to turn that option off as well for the moment.

I've seen these upcoming changes in Beta, but I've been way to busy for the last few weeks to get any coding done and I still don't know when I'll be able to get to it. I'm afraid you'll have to bear with me.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:30 pm

iainhouse wrote:A new version of WME has been released to production. You don't need to tell me it doesn't work well with WME FixUI - I'm painfully aware. :cry:

The Layers and Refresh buttons have been moved into the map area. This is interfering in a big way with the function to recreate the Zoom bar and my enhancements to the layers menu. The "Move chat back to the right" function is also partially broken - turning the option off & on again seems to work, but refreshing chucks it back on the left.

Based on a (very) quick assessment, it looks something in "Enhance Layers" menu is crashing out, stopping the options following it from working. If you disable "Enhance Layers", then the Zoom bar will work and Chat will move. However, creating the zoom bar will also move the Google Street View and Show My location buttons somewhere off the screen, so you might want to turn that option off as well for the moment.

I've seen these upcoming changes in Beta, but I've been way to busy for the last few weeks to get any coding done and I still don't know when I'll be able to get to it. I'm afraid you'll have to bear with me.

Changing
Code: Select all
var menuHeight = document.querySelector("#toolbar > div > div.layer-switcher-container > div > div > div > div > div.menu").style.height;

to
Code: Select all
var menuHeight = document.querySelector('#layer-switcher-region > div > div').style.height;

seems to fix the layer compression.

The layers and refresh button are now in the same div as the zoom controls so when you move the #overlay-buttons it shifts everything to the left, and the bottom controls get kicked off-screen. Might be best to move the zoom controls to its own div and only move that.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:39 pm

Thanks Justin. It wasn't that I didn't know what the problems were - just that between the Prague meetup and the UK meetup I haven't had time to do anything about it. ;)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:41 pm

iainhouse wrote:Thanks Justin. It wasn't that I didn't know what the problems were - just that between the Prague meetup and the UK meetup I haven't had time to do anything about it. ;)

I figured :) I was hoping to be able to find quasi-quick fixes and provide them if I could. Diving into moving the controls is a bit more than I want to tackle right now, though, as I haven't looked at the zoom bar creation code before so I don't know what all is involved.

At least it's an easy fix for the layers compression?
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Yeah, it should be.

As it happens, circumstances in the UK may be helpful here. We're just entering a heatwave - nothing as extreme as on the continent, but still enough to make my home unbearably hot. So the idea of staying at my desk in an air-conditioned office for an extra 3-4 hours after work is looking quite attractive tonight. :lol:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby hublander » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Iain I think Waze have changed something in WME and the part of the SCript that shows Zoom levels has stopped working sadly for me.
Chris (Hublander)
Rank = Mostly Harmless

I am Chris you may have spoken to Chris This is different to Chris. Not to be mistaken for Chris. Now wish my mum named me Kris

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
AM North East London & South Essex
hublander
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts