[Script] WME Fix UI v2.37 -- 2019-09-07

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.29 -- 2019-07-08

Postby iainhouse » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:35 pm

hublander wrote:Iain I think Waze have changed something in WME and the part of the SCript that shows Zoom levels has stopped working sadly for me.

C'mon Chris, scroll up a bit & read first! ;) There are 5 posts above yours, all about the latest problems.

Yes, there's a new version of WME released to production which has substantially interfered with my script, affecting Zoom bar, Chat icon, Layers menu. I've been taking advantage of an air-conditioned office for the last 3½ hours to work on the problems.

I think I've now fixed everything that was broken. Next I need to test in Firefox, which means I have to go home as I'm not allowed to install Firefox on my company laptop.

With any luck, I'll have an update out around midnight-1am.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.29 -- 2019-07-08

Postby ehepner1977 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Well, this was going to be a post pointing out that the issue was addressed at 11:00 utc and please take a moment to read the last few posts before adding to a thread.

Instead, it's a post thanking Iain for graciously staying late at work to help out his fellow editors.
SM: Missouri
ARC: PLN
LC: USA
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
ehepner1977
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.30 -- 2019-07-24

Postby iainhouse » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:14 am

Version 2.30 is published on Greasyfork. :mrgreen:

The WME UI is continuing to change and a new production release yesterday morning had the expected bad effect on my script. All the problems should now be sorted.

• Compress/Enhance Layers Menu needed considerable work. The standard layers button has moved from the toolbar to the map area and the menu now slides in from the right. I've rebuilt all of my alterations for the menu. I've also arranged that, when you pin the layers menu open, the new controls on the RH side of the map move the correct distance based on the size of the altered layers menu.
  • The Turn on More Options in Layers menu menu option was broken by the WME update - now fixed.
  • If you used Move Chat icon back to right, it was overlaying the new controls on the map area. I've shuffled it left a bit to avoid that.
  • Up until now, when Create Zoom Bar was on, I would move the GSV/Show Location buttons underneath it. With the new WME UI, those buttons are in the same page element as the layers/refresh buttons, making them more difficult to move. I've therefore decided to leave the buttons on the right. If you feel you would still like them under the zoom bar, let me know. ;)
  • Show map-blocking WME bugs has also been updated. Both pairs of WME buttons on the RH side of the map area are still contained within invisible page elements that block the map below them and are larger than they need to be. This makes the blocked map areas visible.
I'm really not at all sure I like these controls on the map area on the right. I may give some serious consideration into trying to put the layers/refresh button back into the toolbar, in which case I would probably move GSV/Show Location back to the left. But I'm at least going to try & get used to the new arrangement first. If you have an opinion, I would like to hear it. :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby age4670 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:26 am

Much prefer having them central on the left. It also gives a little more visible space when using StreetView.

That said, the script is that useful I'll get used to where ever they end up! :)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
AM Southern Queensland

Join us on the Waze Australia Discord Server.
age4670
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Titan-ium » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:07 am

Hello iainhouse

First of all, thank you for the work you do every time you update WME.
The last update is a little surprising you have to admit, so my request would simply be, would it be possible for you to reduce the size of the buttons so that they would fit better with the ZoomBar's talle?
I also liked the fact that the "I" button was underneath all the others.
Thank you.
http://prntscr.com/ojc3su
Titan-ium
State Manager
State Manager

Postby iainhouse » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:53 pm

Not only can I reduce the size of the floating buttons (I was already planning this), it turns out I can probably put them back in the toolbar again without a significant effort. :lol:

Clipboard02.png
Hacked buttons
(69.28 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

What you have there is the layers menu button returned to the toolbar and the refresh button reduced in size. The fortunate presence of the WME Map Tiles Update button makes the size change obvious.

So there a few options I have to consider:
  • Do I just adjust the floating button size based on the compression setting, or do I make a seperate option to apply resizing to them?
  • Do I want to override the WME design intentions; particularly when they're still making changes? (Probably yes, because I have little respect for the design decisions being made)
  • Do I then have an option to move the GSV/Show Location buttons back to underneath the zoom bar? (Probably)
  • Do I have an option to move the default zoom buttons without creating a zoom bar? (Probably not)
  • What do I do with the Map Tiles Update button, once I've removed the elements it's attaching itself to? :lol:
I also need to bear in mind that, as the default UI changes, there are increasing amounts of code in my script that refer to items that no longer exist, so a cleanup is getting due.

At least I've got rid of the errors that were crashing the script. The next thing I attack will probably be whatever bugs me most when I'm editing. ;)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Sebiseba » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:00 am

iainhouse wrote:What do I do with the Map Tiles Update button, once I've removed the elements it's attaching

Hey Iain,
I just updated MTU. Now it is compatible with yours.
You can play with "overlay-button" class ;)
GC, colporteur & Local Wiki Master France
CM France, French overseas regions & Guyana
AM Yvelines, Eure-et-Loir, Seychelles, French Polynesia, Comoros, Greenland & Xi'An (China)
Scripts Bookmarks / Map Tiles Update / Color Errors / Toolbox Dev
Sebiseba
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Caart » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:08 pm

Hello.

Suggestion : there is an option to set the GPS layer below segments layer. Please do a similar option for connected editors layer.
Caart

Postby laurenthembprd » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:53 pm

iainhouse wrote:I'm really not at all sure I like these controls on the map area on the right. I may give some serious consideration into trying to put the layers/refresh button back into the toolbar, in which case I would probably move GSV/Show Location back to the left.

Yes, add an option for this, please. :D
With the same behavior as before for the 'Layers' button. :mrgreen:
Edit: and back to his previous place.
Last edited by laurenthembprd on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby steveinark » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:23 pm

I can second that request for the option of placement. I keep trying, but the mouse has a mind of it's own and goes left to grab and drop the SV icon. Maybe it's that I'm left-handed too, but really unnatural on the right. ;)
[ img ]
Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts