[Script] WME Fix UI v2.37 -- 2019-09-07

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.31 -- 2019-08-02

Postby iainhouse » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:24 am

Version 2.31 is now published on GreasyFork! :mrgreen:

This isn't a big update. I just got thoroughly fed up with going over to the right to find the GSV button, when I'm used to it on the left. It also seems to be a bad arrangement: if I'm moving the zoom control but not the buttons with it, then it makes yet another separate control area: top left, bottom right, top right, toolbar.

Since the GSV & Show My Location buttons live with the zoom controls anyway, it makes sense, so if you enable the zoom bar, they move with it again.

I've also extended the compression settings for the toolbar to all the floating buttons. So if you have Compress/enhance bars above the map enabled, then the compression settings will apply to the floating buttons as well.

I also noticed that the WME devs have, yet again, screwed up and left an invisible element that blocks access to the map (Show map-blocking WME bugs makes it visible). It's not big - it's a 12 pixel margin underneath the floating Refresh button - but it's still annoying when you're trying to select a segment and you can't. So with compression on the floating buttons, that extra margin gets nuked. I really ought to report it in Beta bugs. :roll:

The next step will be putting the Layers and Refresh buttons back in the toolbar where they belong and stop cluttering up the map. I particularly hate the way they jump into the middle of the screen when you open GSV - so they don't even stay in the same (wrong) place. ;)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby laurenthembprd » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:41 am

Thanks Iain ;)

iainhouse wrote:
The next step will be putting the Layers and Refresh buttons back in the toolbar where they belong and stop cluttering up the map. I particularly hate the way they jump into the middle of the screen when you open GSV - so they don't even stay in the same (wrong) place. ;)

Is it possible to have an option to find the previous behavior of the 'Layers' button, please ?
That is, no need to click on it to access the layers.
I use it constantly.
It would be really good.
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Titan-ium » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:36 am

Hi

Thanks for this new update it suits me well, even if for my personal use I still made some changes.
I therefore allow myself to attach a screen of my browser, I like to have a clean visual, but this is only my choice

https://prnt.sc/onep0q

Thank you very much.
Titan-ium
State Manager
State Manager

Postby juliansean » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:46 am

iainhouse wrote:Version 2.31 is now published on GreasyFork! :mrgreen:

I also noticed that the WME devs have, yet again, screwed up and left an invisible element that blocks access to the map (Show map-blocking WME bugs makes it visible). It's not big - it's a 12 pixel margin underneath the floating Refresh button - but it's still annoying when you're trying to select a segment and you can't. So with compression on the floating buttons, that extra margin gets nuked. I really ought to report it in Beta bugs. :roll:

I thought I was going crazy! Thanks for getting rid of the map blocking!
Sean Julian
MSM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: Southeast FL, Boston, MA, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, Eastern California, Southwest KS

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby G_W1Z » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Thank you for moving the GSV button back to the left. It's such a small feature tweak, but it somehow makes a big difference (to me at least). Thanks again for your hard work on this great script!
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.32 -- 2019-08-04

Postby iainhouse » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Where do we want our tool buttons? In the tool bar!
When do we want it? Now!

Actually, I wanted it a couple of weeks ago, when they implemented the stupid idea of cluttering up the map area with controls, embedded in invisible areas that block the map beneath them and generally getting in the way. I tried to get used to them, but I'm fed up of clicking on them by accident when I'm trying to manipulate the map. Yet another stupid design decision from Waze HQ which they won't even consider reverting. It saddens me how much of this script is becoming an effort to reverse the stupidity of the WME devs, rather than improve on what's there. :( :x

Anyway, version 2.32 published on Greasyfork, brings a new option to put the Layers and Refresh buttons back into the toolbar and remove clutter and an unwanted extra controls section from the map area. :mrgreen:

Note that this also affects the Map Tiles Update button, which is, by default, attached to the new floating control section that the Layers/Refresh buttons were in. I've settled for moving the MTU button into the lower controls section - and if you turn on the zoom bar, it will move over to the left along with the other controls in that section. I didn't bother messing about with the MTU popup position.

laurenthembprd wrote:Is it possible to have an option to find the previous behavior of the 'Layers' button, please ?
That is, no need to click on it to access the layers.

I haven't found an easy way to do this, but I haven't completely given up either. ;)

I've also made some improvements to the compression settings on the toolbar - increasing some compression to help keep the toolbar working on small screens.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby RussPA » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Even with WMEFU the only script running, I see this in the console:
WMEFU.png
(126.75 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby iainhouse » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:11 pm

RussPA wrote:Even with WMEFU the only script running, I see this in the console:
WMEFU.png

Thanks Russ.

You've actually got 2 errors there. You can tell which script is generating each message from the RH column. So the error "Cannot read property 'send' of undefined" is from another script, not mine.

The other error is mine - and it's careless. :P That's generated by the command that moves the WME Map Tiles Update button somewhere else when the Layers/Refresh buttons are moved to the toolbar. But I didn't check to see if the MTU button actually exists - and presumably you don't have that script installed.

Because of where that command is, there's only one minor effect - the Refresh button will no longer be greyed out and have the "not allowed" cursor when it's inactive.

It's a quick fix, so v2.32.1 is uploaded to Greasyfork :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.32.1 -- 2019-08-04

Postby RussPA » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:22 pm

OK, thanks for the info. And no, I don't have MTU installed.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.32.1 -- 2019-08-04

Postby abc1357 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Thank you for moving the Layers/Refresh buttons to the top bar. However, I noticed that when I enter/exit House Number mode, both buttons disappear and I have to refresh the whole tab before the buttons reappear.

Using Chrome. All extensions and all other scripts disabled. Version 2.32.1

Thanks
-- abc1357 --
California State Manager

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts