[Script] WME Fix UI v2.44 -- 2020-02-12

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v1.11.2 -- 2017-03-30

Postby SuperDave1426 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Well, just for the record, I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. :) I'm just trying to figure out why the WMEPH interface is suddenly screwed up. Since the timing coincided with my doing an update of WMEFU within Tampermonkey, it seemed like a likely suspect.

As I mentioned here, I originally thought it might have been an update to WMEPH, because according to the "last updated" timestamp within Tampermoney, it looks like it updated during that time as well. I only came over here to ask about it when I got back a "it's working ok here" response to my initial inquiry there.

I'm still stumped. I can disable every single addon except for WMEPH, including ones which have nothing to do with WME at all, and the WMEPH interface is still messed up. Ordinarily, that would be a pretty clear clue that the problem is in WMEPH. But with others reporting that it seems to be working fine for them, I'm lost.... Someone said that they were seeing a similar (though not as pronounced) effect in the production version of WMEPH (vs the beta version of that addon), but it's still working for them ultimately.

Sometimes, I really hate computers. :? :lol:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.0beta2 -- 2017-10-22

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:00 pm

iainhouse wrote:[...] And now they've released the beta editor to production - without warning. :x

And this surprises you... why? :roll: ;)

Glad to hear the things you've reported you're working on, including the zoom-level indicator, etc. Gotta say that I'm hating the new WME interface, so it'll be nice when you've got your script once again making the interface actually more usable.... Thanks for all the work on this.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.0 -- 2017-10-25

Postby SuperDave1426 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:47 pm

Good grief! They've made the WME chat box stupidly huge! :cry:

I don't suppose this is a part of the UI that you can F at some point? :-)

--Dave
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.44 -- 2020-02-12

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 pm

iainhouse wrote:I'm also unwilling to move the Save button. One of the primary functions of my script is to revert bad changes to WME made by Waze for nothing more than aesthetic reasons, breaking the workflow of editors who are used to the locations of UI elements. I don't think I'd like to perform the same act myself just to save a few fractions of a second clicking somewhere else.

[ img ] :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v0.5

Postby t0cableguy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:01 am

This is nice. I really think this is a huge improvement (even on my dual 32" HD tv's).

One comment though. I think you are crowding the top of the left pane a little at the top. panel swap and the beta/prod toggle for Keep My Layers are overlapping things when they shouldn't.
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@
t0cableguy

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v0.5

Postby t0cableguy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:50 pm

iainhouse wrote:
t0cableguy wrote:I think you are crowding the top of the left pane a little at the top. panel swap and the beta/prod toggle for Keep My Layers are overlapping things when they shouldn't.

It's a fair comment, but try this little experiment: resize your screen to 1320x768 and have a look at the side panel. You'll find it's now full from top to bottom.

Since that is the goal I don't see a problem unless I can't use the buttons. The WMEKML switch resides in the left pane when you are looking at the tabs in the info pane. Sometimes it gets covered if the right items load up and completely fill the first line of tabs. It's a persistent switch so I can just turn off wmefu and switch it, and turn it back on.

I also believe the highlighting on the street name is counter productive. It does bring your attention that it is there, but it also makes it harder to read.
On a cheap display the yellow and black don't contrast well.
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@
t0cableguy

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v0.6

Postby t0cableguy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:42 pm

I'll say i like it better than the blue on the bright yellow. I have never understood the need for companies to mess with properly contrasting colors on a screen text.
t0cableguy

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v1.4 -- 2016-07-12

Postby taco909 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:54 am

Something is broken on Firefox.
When I select to hide the Avg speed cameras, instead it hides the speed limit information.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v1.4 -- 2016-07-12

Postby taco909 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:37 pm

iainhouse wrote:WME has been updated and broken this feature.

Of course it did...
You fixed it so they have to find a new way to break it :lol:
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v1.5 -- 2016-07-26

Postby taco909 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:42 am

iainhouse wrote:Whilst testing, I also noticed an interesting (?) inconsistency in WME. WME does not allow you to set speeds for private roads or PLR. However, both types are allowed to be flagged as having average speed cameras. :roll: Presumably if you tick the boxes, then Waze will tell you to immediately come to a halt when you enter one. :lol:

The segments do have the speed attribute, but it is simply not editable unless you upgrade to Street, then return to PVT/PLR after setting the SL.

The Private roads in my condo complex have operational 10mph speed limits ;)
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts