[Script] WME Fix UI v2.37 -- 2019-09-07

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.35 -- 2019-08-19

Postby iainhouse » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:53 pm

Version 2.35 is released on GreasyFork! :mrgreen:

Control GSV Default Width is a new feature. Now that you can drag the border between the map and the GSV panel, it's easy to move it, but tough to get it back where it should be. WME also has no memory for changes - inconvenient if you decide you want it in a different place by default. This feature adds an input box to the GSV Image Adjust section of my settings: you can set the default width of the GSV panel as a percentage of the whole editing area.

The way WME handles the alteration of the panel widths is very strange. They are initially set as a percentage - but once you've dragged the border at all, those percentages are overridden by specific width values in pixels. I've therefore added a function to the drag handle between the panels itself: if you double-click the drag handle, the GSV panel will return to the default width (as set by my new control above).

A further note about the GSV/Map drag handle. I forgot to mention it in the last release, but the element that you can drag is considerably wider than the border line itself, at 30 pixels wide. Since this element responds to drag actions, it means it's another map-blocking element: you cannot select segments that are hidden beneath this invisible element! If you have "Show map-blocking WME bugs" enabled, you will see a translucent red overlay highlighting this invisible element.

I've made some modifications for the Layers Menu opening when you mouseover the button in the toolbar. I still haven't been able to get it working perfectly - I don't think I ever will without major restructuring of the WME UI - but things should be improved. The problem is that WME now has an event that closes the layers menu when the mouse moves off it, even if the mouse then moves over the layers button again. If you move slowly, the menu will start to hide and then show again as the mouse hits the layers button. But if you move from menu to button too quickly, WME closes the menu just after the button event opens it! :lol: I've made some tweaks, but it can still be a little inconsistent in behaviour.

laurenthembprd wrote:When I click on the pin to keep the layers panel open, the pin will turn blue but the layer panel will not stay open.

This bug is fixed.

ldriveskier wrote:Just as a note, your modification of the user button gives us all an icon of a level 6.....even if we're not.

This bug is fixed.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby Mvan231 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:59 am

On smaller screens the delete icon (trash/rubbish bin) is showing up in the info bar instead of the top bar. This happens with Fix UI turned on and off (if toolbox is enabled). When Toolbox is disabled, it shows up without issue. If I use the high compression setting it will show up in the correct spot in the top bar. I typically don't use the delete button in the UI anyway, but wanted to make note of it.

I also noticed that the Zoom bar, location button, and WSV button are hidden under the left panel when the " Re-create zoom bar & move map controls" option is enabled. I just saw the comment put in for that one and I think it's hilarious :P well done!

Should GSV image adjust be changed to WSV image adjust?

Is the option "Hide user info in the side panel" still doing something? With the recent move of user info to the menu in the top right, I don't see this option making changes to the UI.
- mvan231 (3)
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)
Mvan231

Postby RussPA » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 pm

Mvan231 wrote:Is the option "Hide user info in the side panel" still doing something? With the recent move of user info to the menu in the top right, I don't see this option making changes to the UI.

Make sure you are using the latest version, some of the things you mentioned have been fixed already.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Mvan231 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:10 pm

Oh perfect! I'll have to double check the version and force an update
- mvan231 (3)
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)
Mvan231

Postby iainhouse » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:30 pm

A new version of WME appears to have been released today. I'm not sure what other changes it has made, but there are changes to the way the tool buttons (undo, redo, delete, save) are added to the toolbar by WME.

In all previous versions, the buttons were added to the RH end of the toolbar, going left. So the first button element in the page source was on the RH side; the second element was to it's left; and so on. As a result of this change, any script that adds to these toolbar buttons is likely to be adding in the wrong place. Obviously, this affects WME FixUI, if you move the Layers/Refresh buttons back into the toolbar; but it also affects at least 2 other scripts I know of.

I should have a fix for WME FixUI out soon. :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.36 -- 2019-09-01

Postby iainhouse » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:17 pm

Version 2.36 is published on GreasyFork! :mrgreen:

As mentioned above, the new version of WME released today has some internal changes on how the buttons are added to the toolbar. Fixing it for WME FixUI took approximately 2 minutes - changing 2 lines of code. Considerably less than the time to update the first & second posts, make this post, update GreasyFork - and make a couple of other changes as below. :lol:

There are at least 2 other scripts I use that are affected by this. I've created temporary fixes for both scripts: but please note that these fixes only work if the Move Layers/Refresh buttons to toolbar function of WME FixUI is active.

• WME Map Nav Historic (which is in the French forums) adds forward/back buttons to the toolbar. The new layout had reversed their order. WME FixUI now includes a fix to put the buttons back in the right order - until that script is updated.
  • Waze Edit Count Monitor also adds it's count to the toolbar as a button. The WME changes have put that button on the far RH side. The count doesn't appear immediately, so I've put in a crude timer: WME FixUI waits 4 seconds after running, then moves the WECM button back where it should be if it exists at that time.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby WazingArch » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:50 am

Hi, is it possible to make Layers menu appear on hovering the mouse over it?
Coordinator: BG • Local Champ • Translator
[ img ]
Уики България | Best map editing practice
WazingArch
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby jm6087 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:03 am

WazingArch wrote:Hi, is it possible to make Layers menu appear on hovering the mouse over it?

I thought it does that already.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby laurenthembprd » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:36 am

WazingArch wrote:Hi, is it possible to make Layers menu appear on hovering the mouse over it?
It works (for me) on Chrome.

But the new WME version no longer includes a scrollbar when there are layers that are hidden below the bottom of the screen.
It's a problem ...

Iain, can you add a scrollbar if necessary, please ?
Thanks.
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby iainhouse » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:39 am

Hovering over the Layers button will make the Layers menu appear - but only if you're using the option to move the Layers button back into the toolbar. I have to balance the available functions against the ever-growing number of options for the script.

I could probably make the mouseover work when the layers button is on the map, but that would mean another option in the settings panel; another setting to be loaded/saved; another function to deal with mouse activity from another location. Not to mention that I think that having the layers button in the map area is stupid and I don't much feel like supporting that decision by Waze. :P

laurenthembprd wrote:But the new WME version no longer includes a scrollbar when there are layers that are hidden below the bottom of the screen.
It's a problem ...

Iain, can you add a scrollbar if necessary, please ?

It took a bit of looking for, but I think I've identified what you're seeing. I'm guessing you have the Layers menu compressed, but not into 2 columns, and on a fairly small screen? I managed to reproduce your issue with those settings.

The menu, as originally created by WME, has a fixed height. When Compress/Enhance Layers Menu is enabled, I set auto-height with a maximum of the original menu height. But the element I was getting that max-height from no longer has a height!

Instead I've altered my code. The maximum height of the menu will now be the height of the map window, less 26 pixels so as not to overlap the bottom status bar. That fix will be in the next release. Until then, why not try a 2-column Layers menu? :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts