[Script] WME Fix UI v2.41 -- 2019-11-20

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.39.1 -- 2019-09-30

Postby iainhouse » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm

I'm not sure this is anything to do with WME FixUI - except possibly as a timing issue that is coincidentally solved by disabling it.

I've opened your permalink 15 times - and 12 times it opened with the place selected. So there's definitely nothing in my script that's simply blocking the selection. Furthermore, I can't think of anything the script would do that would interfere with WME selecting a place on opening.

An intermediate solution you could use is Timbones' Reselect Segments from Permalink Bookmarklet. This will re-select any segments or venues that are listed in the URL you used to open the editor.

Longer term: I used Tim's code to re-select segments as part of my Permalink checker, which currently only looks for and re-select segments. But I guess there's no reason it shouldn't check/re-select venues if there's one listed in the URL.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby Horizon911 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:44 pm

Great. Bookmarklet works like a charm. The latest code covers also reselection of venues. Not only segments. Looking forward to see it incorporated in some Script. Should it be FU or st. else. :)
Cheers!
Horizon911

Postby iainhouse » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:14 am

Thank you for for an entertaining evening of coding! I can now not only handle reselection of venues with my Permalink Checker, but I can handle multiple venue selection - something the bookmarklet doesn't expect! :ugeek:

The improved feature will be in the next script release. :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.40 -- 2019-11-18

Postby iainhouse » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:06 pm

Version 2.40 is published on Greasyfork. :mrgreen:

The biggest part of this update is negative - removing all the code that handled WME Chat and Live users. As I'm sure you all know by now, WME Chat and Live Users have been removed due to an upgrade to the Waze login servers, the inability of HQ to realise how much we valued these tools and their failure to produce a replacement first. Although Chat (and Live Users, I hope) will probably return at some point, they're unlikely to be the same, so - much as it pains me to do so - I've removed all that code from WME FixUI. :cry:

On a positive note, following the recent discussions on this topic, my Permalink Checker function can now handle places in the WME URL, as well as segments. If the URL contains a segments parameter, the button will still show the number of segments and clicking it will reselect them. If there isn't a segments parameter but there is a venues parameter, then the button will show the number of places and, on clicking, re-select them.

Lastly, I was having a conflict issue with WME Street View Availability. My script will allow you to change the default width of the GSV window and double-clicking on the GSV drag handle resets the width to default. However, if you drag the handle to resize GSV, WME SVA will then "remember" the changed width and over-rule the default settings permanently. So now, when you double-click to reset width to default, I also remove that stored value for the width - if, of course, you have WME SVA installed.

I'm aware that WME FixUI is barely functional in WME Beta at the moment. The current Beta introduces some substantial changes to the WME backend and those changes are breaking many scripts. I'm getting this update out now so that I have nothing outstanding, before I start trying to make sense of what they've done. :roll:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ehepner1977 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:09 pm

As always Iain, you have my profound thanks for making WME useable on my 14 inch laptop.
SM: Missouri
ARC: PLN
LC: USA
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
ehepner1977
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby n4dog » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 pm

FIxUI not working properly after WME Update
Griff - N4DOG
Alabama State Manager
n4dog
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Glodenox » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:05 pm

Many scripts have probably broken with the update. As a temporary workaround, this userscript will restore things so script authors can take their time to fix things: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/391783-w ... map-object
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby G_W1Z » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:00 pm

Glodenox wrote:Many scripts have probably broken with the update. As a temporary workaround, this userscript will restore things so script authors can take their time to fix things: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/391783-w ... map-object

Thanks for sharing this. It helps a lot! However, even with this I can't get WMEPH to run.
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby iainhouse » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:34 pm

Probably the wrong topic ;)

G_W1Z wrote:
Glodenox wrote:Many scripts have probably broken with the update. As a temporary workaround, this userscript will restore things so script authors can take their time to fix things: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/391783-w ... map-object

Thanks for sharing this. It helps a lot! However, even with this I can't get WMEPH to run.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby iainhouse » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Yes, I've heard there's been a WME update today and, yes, it's broken my script. I wasn't expecting this script-killer of an update to be released to production yet. :(

I have zero access to Waze at work now. I'll see what I can do this evening
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts