Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SpencerFG
Philistine11 wrote:Honestly, this script shouldn't be working at all. In July 2018 Google switched their maps pricing model which theoretically eliminated keyless usage of the geocoding API, which this script does. For some reason, it has kept working anyway. I'm not really willing to spend money on the script, so unless I figure out an alternative way to get the data, it will probably eventually die off :(
I was forced to go to the GIS scripts the old fashioned way today. It works fine but not nearly as convenient.

But thanks so much to Philistine11 for creating the script. It's been a huge help.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
I had to re-enter the key also.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
It's not a big deal at all, Philistine. We all appreciate your valuable script. Thanks for keeping it up.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by t0cableguy
Don't think i've taken the time to thank you for this script. Before my region (and quite a few others) were using the census shapefiles as individual overlays per state. It would Show the counties so we would know which GIS system to use. This completely eliminates the need for that script and rickzabel couldn't be happier to not have to update them anymore.

Thanks!
t0cableguy
Send a message
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@

Post by t0cableguy
Philistine11 wrote:
RussPA wrote:With the new buttons, it ends up hiding the X to close Street View. You can kind of see the X underneath the Pennsyvania button here.
Capture.jpg
That's just because the "Fix UI" script is hiding your top bar. If you disable that option (you don't have to disable the whole script), then you won't have that issue. Since it's just a conflict with another script, and there is an option to avoid the issue, I don't see what I can do to help that. Sorry.
I think the dev has already determined a fix for your issue. I understand the screen real estate issue, however re enabling the bar is a small sacrifice.
t0cableguy
Send a message
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@

Post by tonestertm
I wonder if you'd consider adding a possibility for links to Closure information for the given area.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
Thanks for the above.
Further enhancement request: (option to?) automatically de-power once the map is moved. Once GIS is located for a given area, there's no longer a need to keep calling, as you continue to work there.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by turbomkt
Is anyone on FF having issues? I just installed because of SpencerFG and don't get anything in FF (all other scripts disabled). Chrome appears to be working on same computer.

The only feature creep I'd like to see is the ability to open the GIS at the current map coordinates. But...it would be a PITA just finding which ones can do that.

Thanks!
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
Is there a way to reduce the size links now that there are three of them?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
Phillistine11,
Even with the last adjustments you made, the links still cover the X for closing SV. Could this be put in a tab on the left panel instead of added as buttons on the editing window?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike