Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by snachodog
Sorry for not seeing your reply sooner. It appears like that would be the best map.
snachodog
Send a message
@snachodog
A Level 2 Montana Editor

Post by spankdog
Thanks dspille. Clicking the upgrade button fixed it for me also.
spankdog
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
USA Local Champ
USA Southeast WIKI

Post by SpencerFG
Thank you for that script, Philistine11. It's a lot easier than going to the local wiki or searching for them Google-style. Now if someone could devise a front end for all those GIS interfaces that make them work more-or-less the same . . .

Spencer
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
I'm not sure Waze wants us to use the copyrighted data but perhaps it would be OK. Also I work in about 30 or 40 counties. That single button sure is nice.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
Thanks to Phillistine, California is now active! There is probably still some tuning required with so many links, so let us know of any problems.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
Where there are city maps, they were included. I used the California GIS map list from the wiki as a reference. In the process, I found that some didn't work but that may be temporary. There were around 100 entries in the table so I doubt that this will be perfect but I hope it will be helpful. The SMs will be in charge of the table and I expect that changes will be regularly updated. My editing is principally in SoCal so I won't organically find problems elsewhere.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
Is anyone else having a problem with intermittent operation of the script?
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
I've never been able to get the script to run in Chrome but that may be operator error. I get console errors but they're not from this script.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
Philistine11 wrote:
itzwolf wrote:I can also confirm its not working on FireFox (v47.0.1) but I did have the button previously but did not test it.
I just pushed out an update that should fix it. It seems that Firefox might just load scripts earlier than Chrome does, and I was trying to set something too early.
That seems to have fixed the problem. I tested it in California and Virginia so far.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
Philistine11 wrote:Honestly, this script shouldn't be working at all. In July 2018 Google switched their maps pricing model which theoretically eliminated keyless usage of the geocoding API, which this script does. For some reason, it has kept working anyway. I'm not really willing to spend money on the script, so unless I figure out an alternative way to get the data, it will probably eventually die off :(
I was forced to go to the GIS scripts the old fashioned way today. It works fine but not nearly as convenient.
SpencerFG
Send a message