[Script] WME Clear Feed

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Clear Feed

Postby vaindil » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:01 pm

I like the feed, but sometimes if I've been away a little too long the feed gets out of control. This adds a small link to your feed that allows you to clear it.

Specifically, this will clear any feed items currently on the screen, then load the next set, clear the screen, etc. until all items are cleared. Once it's finished, it will display the total number of items that were deleted.

Download here!
Last edited by vaindil on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] WME Clear Feed

Postby Olestas » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:42 am

So what does it do actually? :D
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
[size=100]
GC: Latvia
Coordinator: Latvia
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby vaindil » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:39 pm

Olestas wrote:So what does it do actually? :D

I just updated the OP to explain. It clears what's currently on the screen, then reloads, clears again, reloads, etc. until everything is clear. No better way to do it that I could find, unfortunately.
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:07 am

I'd only recently thought about adding this sort of functionality to the feed filter in URO+, so there's definitely a demand for it (even if that demand is only from me :D ).

The one main difference in the version I was planning to add is that mine would only clear feed entries that were still visible on screen after the feed filter settings had been applied, so that I could quickly remove entries that I really wasn't interested in (e.g. all of the ones generated by my testing AM area in Mexico) without also removing ones I wanted to deal with by hand.

Any chance you could look at modifying your script to clear only the visible feed entries, either as an option or as the default mode of operation - the only time this would kick in is if someone was using the feed filter, so to turn off the option in your script they'd just need to turn off their filter settings in mine...

One other option I'd like to see is to make the feed reload optional, and have it clear only the currently visible entries on each click.

Finally, although removing feed entries doesn't affect the map data or the user editing profile, it should still be considered a destructive act which, once initiated, cannot be undone. So I'd also recommend almost to the point of insisting on it, that you include an "are you REALLY sure you want to nuke your feed entries?" confirmation prompt just in case someone clicks the link by accident.
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby ocstagetech » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:39 pm

I drive and edit all over the Southern California area. Due to the large area I cover and the thousands of URs I touch I generate 200-2000 Feed entries per day. It is to the point that WME will finish loading only to hang for 30 seconds up to 2 minutes while the feed finished loading. (Every refresh).

Due to the unruly feed, this tool is invaluable to me. And even with the huge number of entries it is dealing with, WME Clear Feed works perfectly for me. One click and about 30 seconds and it has done what used to take me an hour or more.

I do like the suggestions about adding some sort of filtering, if it’s possible. In my case it would be most useful if I could keep replies to UR comments, and comments on my own URs while dumping everything else. The ability to clear one specific type of feed item at a time would also be useful. For example, clear all Place Updates.

Thanks for all your effort! I know several other Sothern California editors experience the same feed lag problems due to volume. They also use WME Clear Feed and we all appreciate the plugin.
OCstagetech
[ img ]
Area Manager: California's Orange, Riverside, LA, San Diego, and Imperial counties. As well as Mojave National Preserve and Death Valley National Park.
Dabbler of much master of none!
ocstagetech
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby steveinark » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Good tool. A suggestion that might enhance it. Of course, keep the current clearing of all items page-by-page without stopping. The most useful.

Maybe a second option (button) to pause after each new page full is loaded. The next press of that button clears everything again, loads a batch and pauses. This would allow a quick visual scan of each page, and maybe handpick one or two to work. Then move on quickly to the next "set".
[ img ]
Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Horizon911 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:13 pm

Is this script still working? Even if installed, I cannot see it among loaded tampermonkey scripts... Any ideas?
Thanks
Horizon911

Postby vaindil » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:56 pm

Just updated it for the latest WME. I will look into doing some of the other suggestions that were offered in the replies years ago, but no promises at this point.
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby RussPA » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:07 pm

Just curious, is there a way to know how many items are in the feed?
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby vaindil » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:36 pm

RussPA wrote:Just curious, is there a way to know how many items are in the feed?

Just checked, the API doesn't send the total number of issues back, so there's no way to know in advance how many there are. I could keep track of how many are cleared and display that if that's what you're asking.
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts