Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Clear Feed

Post by
I like the feed, but sometimes if I've been away a little too long the feed gets out of control. This adds a small link to your feed that allows you to clear it.

Specifically, this will clear any feed items currently on the screen, then load the next set, clear the screen, etc. until all items are cleared. Once it's finished, it will display the total number of items that were deleted.

Download here!

POSTER_ID:17115814

Send a message
Last edited by vaindil on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Horizon911
Is this script still working? Even if installed, I cannot see it among loaded tampermonkey scripts... Any ideas?
Thanks
Horizon911
Send a message

Post by juliansean
vaindil wrote:
RussPA wrote:If it's no big deal, then sure that would be fine. Thanks!
Just updated, the success message at the end will now display the total number of cleared items. Let me know if that works for you.
That’s pretty cool!
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by ocstagetech
I drive and edit all over the Southern California area. Due to the large area I cover and the thousands of URs I touch I generate 200-2000 Feed entries per day. It is to the point that WME will finish loading only to hang for 30 seconds up to 2 minutes while the feed finished loading. (Every refresh).

Due to the unruly feed, this tool is invaluable to me. And even with the huge number of entries it is dealing with, WME Clear Feed works perfectly for me. One click and about 30 seconds and it has done what used to take me an hour or more.

I do like the suggestions about adding some sort of filtering, if it’s possible. In my case it would be most useful if I could keep replies to UR comments, and comments on my own URs while dumping everything else. The ability to clear one specific type of feed item at a time would also be useful. For example, clear all Place Updates.

Thanks for all your effort! I know several other Sothern California editors experience the same feed lag problems due to volume. They also use WME Clear Feed and we all appreciate the plugin.
ocstagetech
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
OCstagetech
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Common ... e_500k.png
Area Manager: California's Orange, Riverside, LA, San Diego, and Imperial counties. As well as Mojave National Preserve and Death Valley National Park.
Dabbler of much master of none!

Post by Olestas
So what does it do actually? :D
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by RussPA
Just curious, is there a way to know how many items are in the feed?
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
Yea, I was just curious. For people who have a large area, like an entire state or country it might be interesting to see how many feed items they have, like is it in the hundreds or thousands, but not worth any trouble.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
If it's no big deal, then sure that would be fine. Thanks!
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
At some point after about 10 or so feed refills, it stops and I get about 40 of these in the console: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 429 () /Descartes/app/Feed/Issues/UPDATE_REQUEST/8720282:1

Or this: DELETE https://www.waze.com/Descartes/app/Feed ... ST/8719096 429 app-75b9047afacbd6b7b171.js:1
If I click Clear Feed, it continues. Once I got 999 cleared, clicked the button again and got 161 cleared, the got 253 cleared. Feed seems to refill as fast as it empties.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
It runs longer before it times out and stops with the new timer, so that's better. I see this in the console, seems to be one for each feed item that gets deleted, I see the count increase by 20 with each new feed list refresh:
2540 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking <some> event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. See <URL>
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by steveinark
Good tool. A suggestion that might enhance it. Of course, keep the current clearing of all items page-by-page without stopping. The most useful.

Maybe a second option (button) to pause after each new page full is loaded. The next press of that button clears everything again, loads a batch and pauses. This would allow a quick visual scan of each page, and maybe handpick one or two to work. Then move on quickly to the next "set".
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)