[Script] WME Clear Feed

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Clear Feed

Postby RussPA » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:21 pm

Yea, I was just curious. For people who have a large area, like an entire state or country it might be interesting to see how many feed items they have, like is it in the hundreds or thousands, but not worth any trouble.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby vaindil » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:23 pm

RussPA wrote:Yea, I was just curious. For people who have a large area, like an entire state or country it might be interesting to see how many feed items they have, like is it in the hundreds or thousands, but not worth any trouble.

It would be trivial for me to add that, but it could only display after you clear the feed. Would you like that?
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby RussPA » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:07 pm

If it's no big deal, then sure that would be fine. Thanks!
Local Champ - US
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby vaindil » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 pm

RussPA wrote:If it's no big deal, then sure that would be fine. Thanks!

Just updated, the success message at the end will now display the total number of cleared items. Let me know if that works for you.
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby juliansean » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:21 pm

vaindil wrote:
RussPA wrote:If it's no big deal, then sure that would be fine. Thanks!

Just updated, the success message at the end will now display the total number of cleared items. Let me know if that works for you.

That’s pretty cool!
Sean Julian
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby RussPA » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:29 pm

At some point after about 10 or so feed refills, it stops and I get about 40 of these in the console: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 429 () /Descartes/app/Feed/Issues/UPDATE_REQUEST/8720282:1

Or this: DELETE https://www.waze.com/Descartes/app/Feed ... ST/8719096 429 app-75b9047afacbd6b7b171.js:1
If I click Clear Feed, it continues. Once I got 999 cleared, clicked the button again and got 161 cleared, the got 253 cleared. Feed seems to refill as fast as it empties.
Local Champ - US
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby vaindil » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:55 pm

RussPA wrote:At some point after about 10 or so feed refills, it stops and I get about 40 of these in the console: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 429 () /Descartes/app/Feed/Issues/UPDATE_REQUEST/8720282:1

Or this: DELETE https://www.waze.com/Descartes/app/Feed ... ST/8719096 429 app-75b9047afacbd6b7b171.js:1
If I click Clear Feed, it continues. Once I got 999 cleared, clicked the button again and got 161 cleared, the got 253 cleared. Feed seems to refill as fast as it empties.

It's being rate limited, the server doesn't like so many requests being sent so quickly. I've never had that many entries in my feed so I can't really test that.

Script is updated with a timer that should hopefully resolve this, but since I have no real way of testing I can't know for sure. If people could report back and let me know I would greatly appreciate it!
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby RussPA » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:09 am

It runs longer before it times out and stops with the new timer, so that's better. I see this in the console, seems to be one for each feed item that gets deleted, I see the count increase by 20 with each new feed list refresh:
2540 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking <some> event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. See <URL>
Local Champ - US
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts