Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by RichardPyne
Larryhayes7 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:53 pm
RichardPyne wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:38 pm Is WAL working with the latest WME? I haven't used WAL before, but have a project that I believe is a fit.

I've installed it, but am not getting a tab for it.

Thanks!

It's working fine in Brave browser, what browser are you using?

I'm using Chrome on Windows.

RichardPyne  
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
Got it working, PEBKAC error.

I do have a feature request. Would it be possible to add color bars on the output tab to make it easier to follow what is on one line?

Thanks!
RichardPyne  
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by roarlions1
Hi--How do you define the area to search? I can't seem to draw a box and I'm working at Zoom Level 2 which I thought was OK if you're just looking at places. Thanks!
roarlions1
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by SethSpeedy28
I am having the same difficulty, but I do not think that it is a script problem. This same console error occurs with no script running at all.
SethSpeedy28
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Minor style formatting request, regarding the forced size of the WAL tab.

From Page 27 of the FixUI Script thread...
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Having a minor visual problem with tab formatting in Chrome, the WAL tab is taller than than the others, causing a "tab wrap" problem. Not sure if this is a FixUI issue or is originating somehow from the WAL script. I know so little about how this things work......

Note that when I first load WME, the WAL tab is actually shorter than the others in the few seconds before FixUI applies its formatting fixes, I think the WAL tab is staying the same size both before and after FixUI applies its changes.
And the reply to that post, with the suggested fix for WAL:
iainhouse wrote:The problem is that WAL is applying a padding value of 4px directly to it's tab - specifically to the element with ID #sidepanel-wme-wal. Quite why this is being done, I don't know - you'd have to inquire of the author of WAL. As far as I know, there's no need to add this style to the tab. Without it, the tab will be the same size as all the others - both before & after my script makes changes to the tab sizes.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by sketch
vince1612 wrote:What's the correct way to use a wild card when searching for Name RegEx that may have random names after a specific word you are looking for?

I tried scanning using a * symbol after typing a word to look it and any variation after that in the name, but that just gave me the list of all segments in the area, even ones which had no matching words at all.
Surprised no one has answered this.

Regular expressions are generally set off between a pair of forward slashes, so ignore the forward slashes below when typing it in.

Wild card in regex is a period /./ but only for one character at a time. However, asterisk /*/ affects the previous character and means "between zero and infinity of that character". So, for a true wild card (i.e., any characters or no character), use period then asterisk /.*/

So, if you are looking for any segment that starts with the word "Exit", whether or not anything follows it, you can use /Exit.*/

A similar modifier is plus /+/, which means "between one and infinity of that character", or, "at least one".

You can tune it any way you want by using /{x,y}/ instead, where you are looking for between x and y of the preceding character. So, for example, /w{2,4}/ would mean "at least two but no more than four lowercase w", or /.{1,3}/ would be "one to three characters"—any characters. Similarly, /{x}/ means exactly x of the preceding character, so /Z{6}/ would mean "exactly six capital Z".* And also similarly, /{x,}/ can be used to mean "at least x", so /Q{5,}/ would mean "at least 5 capital Q, up to infinity".

Essentially, using the /{x,y}/ notation, period /./ is just shorthand for /{0,}/ and plus /+/ is just shorthand for /{1,}/.

* Though regex is greedy, so, unless there's something after that expression anchoring the tail end, it will still match more than 6 Z in a row. In other words, /Z{6}/ won't match "ZZZZ" but will match both "ABCZZZZZZQQH" and "ABCZZZZZZZZZZZQQH".
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
sketch wrote:So, if you are looking for any segment that starts with the word "Exit", whether or not anything follows it, you can use /Exit.*/
To be more precise, that will give you anything that contains the word "Exit", and it will also match something that contains the word "Exits" or perhaps "brExit"...

So, indeed, technically the wild card /.*/ is not necessary here. You can just search /Exit/ and it will find any string containing "Exit". In a non-regex "normal" wild card search it would return similar results to "*Exit*".

If you are looking for a segment that starts with the word "Exit", you need a couple more things. Simplest is /^/, which denotes the start of a string. So, to get strings that start with "Exit" and may or may not continue with anything else, you can use /^Exit/. Similarly, /$/ marks the end of a string, so if you wanted to match a street name that was just "Exit" and nothing else, you'd use /^Exit$/.

Finally, meet the word boundary, /\b/. The word boundary is a zero-space character that matches any time a word character (all capital letters [A-Z], all lowercase letters [a-z], all digits [0-9], and underscore [_]) touches a non-word character (all other characters, including spaces, end of string, etc.). So, if you want to find just the word "Exit", but not "Exits" or "brExit", you can use /\bExit\b/.

Or, if you want to find any string that begins with the word "Exit", but not "Exits" or any other word that happens to start with the letters "Exit", use /^Exit\b/.

WAL has its own 'ignore case' selector but normally you'd tell it to be case-insensitive by putting an i after the second /, so, if you wanted to match the whole word Exit or exit or EXIT, you could do, /\bExit\b/i.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Hello, any possibility to add scanning for closures with a certain end date/time? (And for Reason too while you're at it?)
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
I would suggest either tagging or listing separately the potential false positives, but I do think it’d be good to include them.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by SkyviewGuru
crazycaveman wrote:I'll work with VT to either get the original links updated to the latest versions or have his point to mine so everyone gets updated
Please do. The script is no longer available at the link in the OP. Thanks :)
SkyviewGuru
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
https://i.imgur.com/GmLPXzV.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0100.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/SPugkAE.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c5s.png
Idaho State Manager :: Northwest Region USA and Utah Area Manager
Waze Beta Leader (Android) :: WME Beta Tester :: Formal Mentoring 2.0 Mentor
PNH Moderator and Cross-Region Collaboration Liaison for Northwest Region USA