Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by DanCocoDotCom
Any documentation on this yet? I want to try to use this to find "Greater XXX Area" streets to update the city on them. Is it possible to search for a city with the Streets plugin? (I might be getting my RegEx wrong though)
DanCocoDotCom
Send a message

Post by DCLemur
I am unable to get a scan of roads to complete.

I am receiving the Download failed - network failure.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!
DCLemur
Send a message

Post by DevlinDelFuego
Hi I was trying to do a overview/tutorial video about this script yesterday. I found a bug when I used current window instead of selecting a area. When I used current window it couldn't find issues. I had a soft turn and loop and it didn't see it. But if I selected a area scan with the same area. It would finally see the issue I was trying to grab. I plan to edit that part out. I normally don't use the current window option. But if it hasn't been reported. I wanted to bring it to light.
DevlinDelFuego
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by dfortney
Hello - I don't see an option to scan for segments that have active RTCs -- is there a way to do that? And also to capture information on the closure?

If not, please consider that enhancement -- that would be super-helpful in managing storms such as the current efforts with Hurricane Florence in the Carolinas. We have been maintaining a sheet to manage closures, but there are also some closures added by Waze and/or CCP partners that are on the map.

Thanks!
dfortney
Send a message

Post by Doctorblah
Has the latest WME version 1.30 broken this? I've tried in both Chrome & Firefox and haven't gotten it to work. I last used this prior to the script updates on 2/9 so I'm not sure if it's script or WME

In Chrome, the script loads, the scan runs but no output in CSV (output to browser tab does seem to be working)

In Firefox, the script doesn't seem to load, I don't get the tab at all there.

Using Tampermonkey as my script manager on both browsers.
Doctorblah  
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by Doctorblah
Thanks - I guess there must be some conflict somewhere with the different scripts. I'll try piecemeal to figure it out
Doctorblah  
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by Doctorblah
I'll add on to the feature requests - whether lane guidance is established or not
Doctorblah  
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by Doctorblah
looking at the error after I ran into the same thing, i think the error comes about from the suggested segment search. It won't output a result because suggested segments don't have the full slate of details like normal segments do. There's no lock level associated to them so it fails.
Doctorblah  
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by EdFromOhio
Thank you very much for making this.

Quick question about the unnamed streets - I've created a small area in a field that has 2 streets, one with None checked for city and street names, the other left unchecked so it is red. The scan picks up the street that I've checked None, but won't pick up the "Unnamed street." Is there a regex command or something that I can use to pick that up?

Basically I'd like to occasionally scan a large area for noob or app created roads with no other info.

Thanks,
Ed
EdFromOhio
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by edsonajj
Can I ask why the "Other - drivable" road types are not being considered in the Streets plugin?
The amount of segments that are excluded just by that is huge.

Please add them as options in the checks :D
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez