[Script] WME Wide-Angle Lens

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Wide-Angle Lens

Postby edsonajj » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:29 am

Can I ask why the "Other - drivable" road types are not being considered in the Streets plugin?
The amount of segments that are excluded just by that is huge.

Please add them as options in the checks :D
Image Edson Jiménez

edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby EdFromOhio » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:24 pm

Thank you very much for making this.

Quick question about the unnamed streets - I've created a small area in a field that has 2 streets, one with None checked for city and street names, the other left unchecked so it is red. The scan picks up the street that I've checked None, but won't pick up the "Unnamed street." Is there a regex command or something that I can use to pick that up?

Basically I'd like to occasionally scan a large area for noob or app created roads with no other info.

Thanks,
Ed
Image Image Image
EdFromOhio
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Doctorblah » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:47 am

Thanks - I guess there must be some conflict somewhere with the different scripts. I'll try piecemeal to figure it out
Doctorblah
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Doctorblah » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:55 am

Has the latest WME version 1.30 broken this? I've tried in both Chrome & Firefox and haven't gotten it to work. I last used this prior to the script updates on 2/9 so I'm not sure if it's script or WME

In Chrome, the script loads, the scan runs but no output in CSV (output to browser tab does seem to be working)

In Firefox, the script doesn't seem to load, I don't get the tab at all there.

Using Tampermonkey as my script manager on both browsers.
Doctorblah
State Manager
State Manager

Postby DCLemur » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:05 pm

I am unable to get a scan of roads to complete.

I am receiving the Download failed - network failure.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!
DCLemur

Postby DanCocoDotCom » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Any documentation on this yet? I want to try to use this to find "Greater XXX Area" streets to update the city on them. Is it possible to search for a city with the Streets plugin? (I might be getting my RegEx wrong though)
DanCocoDotCom

Postby crazycaveman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Pushed version 1.4.2 last night, which just fixes the WAL tab showing up underneath other scripts (e.g. GIS-L). A future release will allow the tab to recover when switching between metric and imperial units as well as event and editing mode.
ImageImage ImageImageImage
LG Leon
iPhone 6S
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby crazycaveman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:19 pm

Trexer0 wrote:With Chrome I'm not seeing WAL show up since the update to 1.4.0. Seems this latest version wasn't supposed to do anything with Chrome.

Wow, I messed up just before I pushed the update and got things in the wrong spot... It's fixed now, version 1.4.1 is live. Yes, it's not supposed to affect Chrome at all (still makes changes on the back end), but the problems I created would affect everyone who hadn't already updated (so, basically, everyone).
LG Leon
iPhone 6S
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby crazycaveman » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:13 am

v1.4.0 released!
Firefox users, rejoice! The rest of you... continue as usual, I guess. This version makes WME WAL work with Firefox again. If you haven't been able to get the WAL tab to appear in a while, or can only get it to show by constantly deleting your settings, you should see everything magically work again once you update! Unfortunately, all your previous settings will be lost (this does not apply on Chrome), but at least you can use it again.
LG Leon
iPhone 6S
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby crazycaveman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 pm

As mentioned in my previous post, changes are coming to the way the script stores saved areas which has the potential to lose your areas (shouldn't happen, but can never be too cautious). v1.3.4.1 has been released notifying everyone to backup their data and I plan to release the next version which actually makes the change by the end of this week. If you're up for beta testing, you can install the next version here. If you have any questions, feel free to post or PM me.

Important Note: Once any version above 1.3.4.1 (1.3.5 beta or 1.4.0) is installed, you cannot revert back. In some cases, it will work, but 95% of the time an older version will fail to load.
Last edited by crazycaveman on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LG Leon
iPhone 6S
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts