[Script] WME Wide-Angle Lens

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Wide-Angle Lens

Postby ojlaw » Thu May 24, 2018 3:33 pm

yes i'm running 1.4.4. i just did a few scans and it looks like the only offender now is FC Layer populating after the scan. may bad for thinking the others i mentioned were there too. FC layer is pollutes the screen so i hadn't noticed that the others weren't there.
WI State Manager
IL Large Area Manager
CA, MN, ND, WA Area Manager
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
ojlaw
State Manager
State Manager

Postby crazycaveman » Thu May 24, 2018 3:55 pm

Looks like that's one of MoM's scripts; I've made him aware of the issue for a different script of his, so if you tell him it's happening with that one, he should be able to fix it. Basically, when you disable and re-enable the parent group (e.g. Display) in the layers menu, the script incorrectly thinks you want to enable everything within the group, rather than retaining its previous display preference.
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
ARC: South Atlantic Region
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby bummerdude69 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:17 pm

crazycaveman wrote:
ojlaw wrote:feature request- scan for only roundabout. exclude roundabout is an option but sometimes i'm trying to find just roundabouts.
thank you for all your hard work!

... As for the roundabouts, I will take that into consideration

Just came here to ask the same thing. ADOT has been putting a lot of roundabouts in lately, and until sat views are updates, it pretty much just SWAG. GPS helps in most places, but ... ;)

Thanks
bummerdude69
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby crazycaveman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:52 pm

Forgot to post here: Latest release 1.4.5 to fix some compatibility with the latest WME. Also, the streets plugin has been updated to keep the filename length shorter, as that could cause issues when loading in Excel, in some cases. Let me know if you run into any issues
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby crazycaveman » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:53 am

Updated the places and streets plugins. Places only had lock levels 1-3, so that goes up to 7 now, as does streets (in case anyone wants to find the staff locks).
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby dfortney » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:18 pm

Hello - I don't see an option to scan for segments that have active RTCs -- is there a way to do that? And also to capture information on the closure?

If not, please consider that enhancement -- that would be super-helpful in managing storms such as the current efforts with Hurricane Florence in the Carolinas. We have been maintaining a sheet to manage closures, but there are also some closures added by Waze and/or CCP partners that are on the map.

Thanks!
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
Rank 5 | North Carolina State Manager | SAT Multi-state Manager | Northern California Area Manager
dfortney
State Manager
State Manager

Postby crazycaveman » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Good call (sorry for not responding sooner!). I'll work on getting that added; would certainly be beneficial!
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby ehcool68 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:29 pm

Would it be possible to add "Has no House Numbers" as an option for the Streets scan?

Now that we have good information in many areas via GIS-layers, it's becoming simpler to add the missing ones in.

Thanks!
ehcool68
State Manager
State Manager

Postby ehcool68 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:04 am

It's great to have a tool like this that can scan at a pretty low level!

I have been scanning roads for a variety of issues, and noticed that when WAL finds a road with an "unknown direction of travel" the "Issue" is simply the word None. While this is probably technically correct, "No direction" or "Unknown direction" might be a little more descriptive, especially when they're mixed in a list with dozens of "Soft turns or "No city" issues.

Thanks
ehcool68
State Manager
State Manager

Postby crazycaveman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:36 pm

ehcool68 wrote:It's great to have a tool like this that can scan at a pretty low level!

I have been scanning roads for a variety of issues, and noticed that when WAL finds a road with an "unknown direction of travel" the "Issue" is simply the word None. While this is probably technically correct, "No direction" or "Unknown direction" might be a little more descriptive, especially when they're mixed in a list with dozens of "Soft turns or "No city" issues.

Thanks

I hadn't noticed that, can definitely make that change.

ehcool68 wrote:Would it be possible to add "Has no House Numbers" as an option for the Streets scan?

Now that we have good information in many areas via GIS-layers, it's becoming simpler to add the missing ones in.

Thanks!

That should be a pretty simple change to make, look for it in the next release! ...sometime...
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts