Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by guitouktm
Good evening, would it be possible to see one day the possibility of being able to add one or more criterium of road selector, to be able really to seek oneself what one wants.

Good night.
guitouktm
Send a message

Post by Happy_Lyn
This could be user issue because it started before I triggered the update today, and it continued after the update.

But, I ended up with this all in one cell when I exported to CSV. I have successfully run WAL scans and exported to CSV within the last week. The only active scripts were toolbox, WMECH, WAL & the associated plugins. This was in Chrome.
Happy_Lyn
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Happy_Lyn

Michigan State Manager
WV Large Area Manager
PA Area Manager

https://s.waze.tools/c5s.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/beta.png

Saving routing, one soft turn and city name at a time.

Post by Happy_Lyn
Chrome- 66.0.3359.139

I also just replicated this in Firefox 59.0.3
Happy_Lyn
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Happy_Lyn

Michigan State Manager
WV Large Area Manager
PA Area Manager

Post by Happy_Lyn
works like a charm! Thank you!
Happy_Lyn
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Happy_Lyn

Michigan State Manager
WV Large Area Manager
PA Area Manager

Post by hawkeygoal
I'd like to suggest an additional plug-in filter option: The ability to filter based on the editor who last updated an object (street, place, etc.). This would be helpful in identifying edits similar to a highlighter function but would add in scoping through WKT files and the benefit of a useful report format. This could potentially be helpful in outreach and in mentoring.
hawkeygoal
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by herrchin
Is scanning for RTCs feasible? I know it would help me greatly with auditing published closures to ensure they're extended/cancelled when the end-dates change.
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by hmarian
vtpearce wrote:I've just released new versions of the base WAL script and all plugins. In addition to working with the latest version of WME, the following enhancements have also been added:
  • Sort areas alphabetically.
  • Streets plugin: Scan for elevation > or != 0 in addition to <.
  • Streets plugin: Filter based on last editor.
  • Locks plugin: Added railroad segment type.
  • Places plugin: Scan for missing street names
  • Places plugin: Filter based on last editor.
  • Places plugin: Include creator and last editor in output.
  • Places plugin: FIX - state selection works correctly.
  • All plugins: Saving settings now prompts to overwrite if there's one with the same name.
I realize I haven't implemented every fix that's been mentioned, but wanted to get this out there fairly quickly since it was not usable. I hope to get more time to make updates in the near future.
This is great.
Question... Is history elements searchable? If yes, will it be possible in future versions to add for places to search history for user edits?
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.90.90.901
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by Horizon911
Hi,
So far, I've tested WAL script with WAL Places plugin script in Czech Republic. And thanks for the great tool! :)

I've got a couple of observations, which -I hope- could be somehow tackled:
1. While scanning (relatively small) area I ended up with out of memory error. It's reported by browser but not sure, if it comes from the browser or from the script.
My area:

Code: Select all

GEOMETRYCOLLECTION(POLYGON((14.386881743316495 50.064439898570626,14.340876494293003 49.9541194572342,14.604548369293704 49.94064302923339,14.633730803375128 50.08338949459974,14.386881743316495 50.064439898570626)))
With smaller area this does not happen. If this is not a bug and it just derives from the amount of output data: It might help to have a possibility to have some filtering already in the search query. (e.g. filter places by type or with certain string in the name, or in certain country, etc.)
Update: I encoutered this issue only if the target for the output is a browser windows... with having CSV as an output, the issue hasn't occur so far.[/s]2. UR-MP tracking script has got "Scan editable area" function. It would be nice to have it has well... Especially useful for lower-level editors.
3. Scanning with having unnecessary layers disabled (e.g. satelitte imagery) seems to progress much faster. Maybe scanning queries could be automatically optimized to save bandwidth and cpu.
4. During the scan the road segments become visible, even if I scan Places and I disabled Roads layer before the scan. Is showing/loading of road segments expected/needed?
5. Note: If Places layer is disabled, the scanning (for Places) returns zero results. It's logical but the script could display an error or warning right in the beginning. :)
Otherwise... really great script. Thanks once again! :)
Horizon911
Send a message
Last edited by Horizon911 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Horizon911
One more thing... Sometimes, the scanning stalls. In my case this is usually because of (corporate-enforced) screen-lock. I can resume scanning by triggering the map load. (e.g. By slightly panning the map.)
It would be great if script could resume scanning automatically. :)
Horizon911
Send a message
Last edited by Horizon911 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.