Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jangliss
jm6087 wrote:Suggestion/Idea:

It would be nice to be able to change your starting HN while in the Edit House Number mode in WME
You used to be able to, but one of the recent WME updates changed the block for the edit pane to cover the whole window, instead of just the map area. I've not yet had a chance to mess around with it. It is on my list to tweak if I can figure it out though.
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jangliss
JustinS83 wrote:
This removes it:

Code: Select all

$('.sidebar-layout > .overlay').remove()
That saves me a little work, thanks. I'm not the origin author but I'll take a look and tweak it.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jangliss
I think this is in the realm of "ugly as sin", and other JS/WME developers can probably craft together something a little prettier. I'm also not sure if WME uses the lightbox for anything other than the HN pages so it might impact other areas unintentionally, but here's my kludge for now:

1. Open the tampermonkey/greasemonkey dashboard.
2. Find WME QuickHN
3. Search for the line starting

editPanelChange.observe
and paste the following on the next blank after it (should be around line 76).

var hnWindowShow = new MutationObserver(function(mutations)
    {
        mutations.forEach(function(mutation)
        {
            if (mutation.target.style.display == 'block') {
                $('.sidebar-layout > .overlay').remove();
            }
        });
    });
    hnWindowShow.observe(document.getElementById('map-lightbox'), { childList: false, subtree: false, attributes: true, attributeFilter: ['style']} );
4. Save the update, and refresh the WME window.
5. If you're a beta editor, and want it to work there too, you'll want to change the include lines at the top. Remove all the

@include
lines, and replace with this:

// @include      /^https:\/\/(www|beta)\.waze\.com\/(?!user\/)(.{2,6}\/)?editor\/.*$/
I've only done some very basic testing, but it seems to take care of it.
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jangliss
JoshJMM wrote:
jm6087 wrote:I just tried it and it seems to work for me. Are you sure it got updated?
I never said it didn't work for me, it just wouldn't work with the set of Scripts I was using at the time. It works perfectly on it's own when I have nothing else enabled, which is how I use it anyway.
I'm camping this weekend but I should be able to take a look Sunday. What other scripts are you using, and in what order?

Thanks.

jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jangliss
moosool wrote:Just installed the script, but is it possible it does not work with the latest release of WME?
It does, but might require a tweak. Check these instructions and see if they work : viewtopic.php?p=1575718#p1575718

jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jangliss
moosool wrote:Unfortunately I have tried all of that. Modifying the script, disabling all other scripts, basically everything suggested here in this thread :-(
The script seems to be up and running, but nothing happens when pressing T, R or E.
I was even wondering if it had anything to do with my keyboard languange, so even tried changing that, but still nothing.
So when you select a segment, do you see the QuickHN tab on the left? Then you press H to get the house number editor to open (or click the edit house numbers) , then you try the other keys (t, r, e) and nothing happens?

jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jangliss
GabiruUberX wrote:It doesn't work for me. I press the letters and nothing happend.
Do you even see a QuickHN tab on the left when you have a street selected? If not, you might refer back to this post to get it working.
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jangliss
jm6087 wrote:I only use US English and it works fine for me. I just tested by changing language to German and it failed to work.
So I am guessing that language does play an important role in it working.
I'll take a look today and see what we can do to fix it up.

jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jangliss
If you are comfortable in editing the code in the script, here are the steps to fix:

- Open the Tampmonkey/Greasemonkey Dashboard
- Find the QuickHN script and click on it
- Search for the word "none", there should be 2 occurrences, the first is right at the top, the second is around line 233, and should look like this:

if ((hn[i].placeholder == "Нет" || hn[i].placeholder == "none") && hn[i].value === "")
Change the line to be:

if ((hn[i].placeholder == "Нет" || hn[i].placeholder == I18n.translations[I18n.locale].edit.segment.house_numbers.no_number) && hn[i].value === "")
- Hit save
- Refresh WME
- Set your language to your preferred language
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jangliss
GabiruUberX wrote:I suggest to create another hotkey with "Q" (whatever) and just do a command to add a new HN by typing. I mean no number come out when you digit "Q", this should help when a number is not in a correct place, like, out of order.
Is this different from just using H?

jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message