[Script] WME Quick HN

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Quick HN

Postby subs5 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:15 am

looks like the script just updated. Hope it is to fix the problem.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby dfw_gis » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Just tried it and had no troubles this morning.
dfw_gis(5)
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

Country Manager - Based in South Central Region
dfw_gis
State Manager
State Manager

Postby SunDevil2213 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Hey there. Overall, I love this script, but there's just one more thing that would make this the best. Option to enter more than 1 custom value field. In fact, if you could just make the T and R fields also custom. The reason I ask is that a lot of times, I'll be numbering a street and the house numbering almost perfectly goes HN+8, HN+12, HN+8 and so on and so forth (or any variation like 4,6,4,etc...). Or leave as-is with the HN+1 and HN+2, but add one or two additional Press (choose key) + (manual entry number) options on bottom. Thanks for any consideration this might get! Hopefully my request/description was clear :D
SunDevil2213

Postby gOyDp » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:51 pm

SunDevil2213 wrote:Hey there. Overall, I love this script, but there's just one more thing that would make this the best. Option to enter more than 1 custom value field. In fact, if you could just make the T and R fields also custom. The reason I ask is that a lot of times, I'll be numbering a street and the house numbering almost perfectly goes HN+8, HN+12, HN+8 and so on and so forth (or any variation like 4,6,4,etc...). Or leave as-is with the HN+1 and HN+2, but add one or two additional Press (choose key) + (manual entry number) options on bottom. Thanks for any consideration this might get! Hopefully my request/description was clear :D

I've noticed that the majority of the time, there is actually consistency when you do both sides at once. The common number that skips will be the same, allow you to use the +1, +custom, +3, +custom. It took me a little while to see it, but I have been quite successful.

Another custom might make things a little better, but give it a try to see how doing both sides at the same time works.
--
Thanks,

Randy "gOyDp"
FL, Area Manager, Mentor
SER Reference
SER Discord Server
Waze Mentor
gOyDp
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby kndcajun » Mon May 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Hello. Question about Quick HN. Overall, I love using this tool. However, if i specify starting house number 100 and then hit R (for +2) on my first point, it places it as 101. What am I missing? :? thanks
AM, Louisiana
Level 4
kndcajun

Postby kndcajun » Mon May 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Hello. Question about Quick HN. Overall, I love using this tool. However, if i specify starting house number 100 and then hit R (for +2) on my first point, it places it as 101. What am I missing? :? thanks
AM, Louisiana
Level 4
kndcajun

Postby dspille » Mon May 06, 2019 12:49 pm

kndcajun wrote:Hello. Question about Quick HN. Overall, I love using this tool. However, if i specify starting house number 100 and then hit R (for +2) on my first point, it places it as 101. What am I missing? :? thanks

Always press "T" for the first HN, then use "R" or "E" for the subsequent numbers.
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby gOyDp » Mon May 06, 2019 12:49 pm

kndcajun wrote:Hello. Question about Quick HN. Overall, I love using this tool. However, if i specify starting house number 100 and then hit R (for +2) on my first point, it places it as 101. What am I missing? :? thanks

When you start, use T. R and E will increment whatever value is entered into the HN field. If you accidentally skip over a number, just press H and add the HN the old fashioned way and then continue on with your T and E buttons.
--
Thanks,

Randy "gOyDp"
FL, Area Manager, Mentor
SER Reference
SER Discord Server
Waze Mentor
gOyDp
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby ldriveskier » Mon May 06, 2019 12:51 pm

The starting house number is the next number that would be used for a house if you used +1. So, you put one number greater than what you think and it will work out fine.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
USA LC/CM, MAR MSM, WV SM, NE OH LAM (resident of Ohio)
ldriveskier
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby kndcajun » Mon May 06, 2019 12:54 pm

R and E will increment whatever value is entered into the HN field.

Thanks for the tip on starting with 'T'. I find it curious, however, that if T isn't used first, R and E will increment over number-in-the-box minus one.
AM, Louisiana
Level 4
kndcajun

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts