[Script] WazeWrap

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WazeWrap

Postby bz2012 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:09 am

We have the 'History' icon showing but it doesn't do anything when I click on it (except allow me to move it around).

Also WMEPH and WMEPH-beta have disappeared.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:11 am

bz2012 wrote:We have the 'History' icon showing but it doesn't do anything when I click on it (except allow me to move it around).

Also WMEPH and WMEPH-beta have disappeared.

Obviously not the place to report WMEPH issues.

See the previous post about how history works.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby juliansean » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:04 pm

I like this addition! Any chance you could have "none" show up when you click on the alert, because as you said it's new for each time you open WME?

Thank you!

Sean
Sean Julian
MSM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: Southeast FL, Boston, MA, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, Eastern California, Southwest KS

juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby iainhouse » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:26 pm

I've found a little problem with the alert history box. If you drag it over the side panel and accidentally let go, it stays there behind the side panel - and you can't pick it up again! :lol:

[EDIT] I managed to recover it by editing WWToastr in local storage. It occurs to me that this may also be a problem for laptop users: if you use a large external screen and position it on the right, then later open WME on the smaller laptop screen, it may again be located off-screen.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby herrchin » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:46 pm

iainhouse wrote:I've found a little problem with the alert history box. If you drag it over the side panel and accidentally let go, it stays there behind the side panel - and you can't pick it up again! :lol:

[EDIT] I managed to recover it by editing WWToastr in local storage. It occurs to me that this may also be a problem for laptop users: if you use a large external screen and position it on the right, then later open WME on the smaller laptop screen, it may again be located off-screen.

I dunno, that sounds like a User Interface problem... maybe we should use a script to fix the UI?

(I joke, of course)
USA Country Manager / UT and IA SM
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby karlcr9911 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:36 pm

Definitely need some better indication as to what this is via a tooltip, click-behavior to tell me what it is when no alerts are present...just something, so the daily (multiple times a day) questions in Discord will subside.

I love the concept but something more to let users know what script this is from, that nothing is actually wrong if no alerts are present, etc. would be most helpful in my opinion.

Thank you!
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
iOS Beta Leader / Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby JustinS83 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:43 pm

karlcr9911 wrote:Definitely need some better indication as to what this is via a tooltip, click-behavior to tell me what it is when no alerts are present...just something, so the daily (multiple times a day) questions in Discord will subside.

I love the concept but something more to let users know what script this is from, that nothing is actually wrong if no alerts are present, etc. would be most helpful in my opinion.

Thank you!

Yes, it is on my list. I've seen the confusion :)

Trying to make some changes to how the library loads so it doesn't fully load with every script that uses it so we don't have multiple versions floating around, elements loading 20+ times, etc.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:41 pm

Update released! 2019.06.12.01

Features added: WW tab for WazeWrap settings.

[ img ]

WazeWrap settings (currently) includes two options: Editor PIN and Show alerts history.
Show alerts history is what it sounds like - when enabled the Script Alert History icon will be present on the map.

The Editor PIN is a value that you choose, and it should be protected (not shared) just like a password. When set, this allows scripts to be able to save your script settings to a server so you can have the same script settings across all computers that you work on. You enter the same PIN on all the PCs and they will use the settings retrieved from the WazeDev server. This PIN is what protects someone from reading/overwriting your settings so please do not share it (this is why it is hidden in the WW tab). Mousing over the eye icon will show you your PIN in case you forget it.

It is possible to change the PIN used on your local machine (Change PIN button that will appear after setting a PIN and refreshing your page). If you need to change/look up the PIN associated with your account you will need to contact me to do so.

Scripters

To use this feature you must be saving all of your settings into a single object that can be stringified.

To save and retrieve the settings from the server you use the following calls:

Code: Select all
WazeWrap.Remote.RetrieveSettings("Script Name");
WazeWrap.Remote.SaveSettings("Script Name", settingsObject);

The script name used must be unique and should never change. If you ever change this, the script settings already stored on the server will be orphaned and all your users will not be able to access them. Don't do this. Think of the users.

Both of these calls should be called using async/await since they are hitting a server, in order to preserve your program flow. You can use normal promise callbacks if you want...but why complicate your life?

How you implement using/saving the settings is completely up to you. I would recommend saving a lastSaved date/time in your settings object so you can compare local settings against the server settings so you know which one should be used.

If the user has not set a PIN or your script has not saved settings to the server before, the RetrieveSettings will return null. SaveSettings will return true/false depending on if the save was successful (will return null if the user has not set a PIN).
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Kartografer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:45 pm

Wow that's sweet. Thanks!
[ img ]
Galaxy S9 running Pie on Mint
SM Ohio, AM New Mexico, South Dakota
Wazeopedia projects
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32
Kartografer
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby DrivingWithBill » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 pm

This is helpful and starting to be able to use scripts on multiple devices.

Are the script settings cross platform compatible (OS and browser)? Can you elaborate on PIN number security is this viewable by others who manage the script? Is there a profile built on what scripts I am using? If I don’t create a PIN is there a central record?
-Drivingwithbill

this space intentionally left blank
DrivingWithBill
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts