[Script] WazeWrap

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WazeWrap

Postby JustinS83 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 pm

DrivingWithBill wrote:This is helpful and starting to be able to use scripts on multiple devices.

Are the script settings cross platform compatible (OS and browser)? Can you elaborate on PIN number security is this viewable by others who manage the script? Is there a profile built on what scripts I am using? If I don’t create a PIN is there a central record?

Wut?

The PIN is only viewable to the editor via the WW tab on their local machine, and me if I were to log into my server and view each file for each user but that is saved by the user ID not the user name so I wouldn't have a way to track which ID is whom. As with any password/PIN, you shouldn't reuse a password/PIN that you use for anything else.

This is all voluntary; no one is forcing you to use it. I couldn't care less what scripts you are using and if you really think anyone cares (and what would they get out of it?) to build a profile of the scripts you are using then your tinfoil hat might be on a bit too tight :o

If you don't create a PIN the feature doesn't work (stated in the original post). I don't know what you mean by a central record.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby DrivingWithBill » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:57 pm

I was curious trying to understand the system and how they work. In the end much is obfuscated and trying to understand more. The part about the tinfoil hat was probably a little much. You explain things well there to answer my questions.
-Drivingwithbill

this space intentionally left blank
DrivingWithBill
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby ehepner1977 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:32 am

As more scripts add the ability to store settings (thanks all of you) it occurred to me that I probably have a few scripts with different settings on my laptop and my desktop. So, the question I have is, does one set of values overwrite the other, or does WW only apply the saved settings on a brand new install of the script in question?
SM: Missouri
ARC: PLN
LC: USA
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
ehepner1977
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:22 pm

ehepner1977 wrote:As more scripts add the ability to store settings (thanks all of you) it occurred to me that I probably have a few scripts with different settings on my laptop and my desktop. So, the question I have is, does one set of values overwrite the other, or does WW only apply the saved settings on a brand new install of the script in question?

This is completely up to the individual scripts. WazeWrap just provides the ability to save/retrieve from the server, how that is actually done is up to the script itself.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dBsooner » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:56 pm

ehepner1977 wrote:As more scripts add the ability to store settings (thanks all of you) it occurred to me that I probably have a few scripts with different settings on my laptop and my desktop. So, the question I have is, does one set of values overwrite the other, or does WW only apply the saved settings on a brand new install of the script in question?

In URC-E world, and I believe in most (if not all) Justin's scripts, there is a timestamp added to the settings store for the individual script. If the settings retrieved from the server for the script have a newer timestamp than what is stamped for the local settings of the script, then the server settings overwrite the local settings. Make sense?
• AM: Eastern Oklahoma, DFW, Southern Florida
• Wiki: WME | Editing Manual | Best Practices | FAQ | Places
• AT&T | iPhone XS Max | iOS 12 | Waze Latest Beta
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby GigaaG » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:36 pm

Can you add a function that returns housenumbers connected to selected streets?
GigaaG
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby jm6087 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:37 pm

GigaaG wrote:Can you add a function that returns housenumbers connected to selected streets?

I don't think WazeWrap actually does any WME work, it is an aid for scripts.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:10 am

GigaaG wrote:Can you add a function that returns housenumbers connected to selected streets?

Yes, I can. Won't be an immediate add, but I will add it to my list.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:30 am

jm6087 wrote:

I don't think WazeWrap actually does any WME work, it is an aid for scripts.

It interacts with WME quite a bit, that's part of all the script help :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts