[Script] WazeWrap

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WazeWrap

Postby JustinS83 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 pm

DrivingWithBill wrote:This is helpful and starting to be able to use scripts on multiple devices.

Are the script settings cross platform compatible (OS and browser)? Can you elaborate on PIN number security is this viewable by others who manage the script? Is there a profile built on what scripts I am using? If I don’t create a PIN is there a central record?

Wut?

The PIN is only viewable to the editor via the WW tab on their local machine, and me if I were to log into my server and view each file for each user but that is saved by the user ID not the user name so I wouldn't have a way to track which ID is whom. As with any password/PIN, you shouldn't reuse a password/PIN that you use for anything else.

This is all voluntary; no one is forcing you to use it. I couldn't care less what scripts you are using and if you really think anyone cares (and what would they get out of it?) to build a profile of the scripts you are using then your tinfoil hat might be on a bit too tight :o

If you don't create a PIN the feature doesn't work (stated in the original post). I don't know what you mean by a central record.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:22 pm

ehepner1977 wrote:As more scripts add the ability to store settings (thanks all of you) it occurred to me that I probably have a few scripts with different settings on my laptop and my desktop. So, the question I have is, does one set of values overwrite the other, or does WW only apply the saved settings on a brand new install of the script in question?

This is completely up to the individual scripts. WazeWrap just provides the ability to save/retrieve from the server, how that is actually done is up to the script itself.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:10 am

GigaaG wrote:Can you add a function that returns housenumbers connected to selected streets?

Yes, I can. Won't be an immediate add, but I will add it to my list.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:30 am

jm6087 wrote:
GigaaG wrote:Can you add a function that returns housenumbers connected to selected streets?

I don't think WazeWrap actually does any WME work, it is an aid for scripts.

It interacts with WME quite a bit, that's part of all the script help :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:50 am

Keihin wrote:Hi!

Am I correct when assuming this library is currently broken because of this change? https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=294063

A couple of functions may be broken but 90%+ should still function
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:42 pm

Keihin wrote:Thanks for reply JustinS83.

Any idea when this will be addressed?

I'm not a script writer, but I suspect a local script we use in Norway is broken because of this. And I'm considering to start investigating this myself.

Have a nice day!

--
Keihin

Since no script writers have complained about something not working, and you are just guessing that it is a problem with WazeWrap, I will not be investigating. I don't have much time for Waze related things right now and I don't want to waste time looking into something that no one has confirmed is an issue.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby karlcr9911 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:36 pm

Definitely need some better indication as to what this is via a tooltip, click-behavior to tell me what it is when no alerts are present...just something, so the daily (multiple times a day) questions in Discord will subside.

I love the concept but something more to let users know what script this is from, that nothing is actually wrong if no alerts are present, etc. would be most helpful in my opinion.

Thank you!
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Kartografer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:45 pm

Wow that's sweet. Thanks!
Kartografer
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby Keihin » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:25 am

Hi!

Am I correct when assuming this library is currently broken because of this change? https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=294063
Keihin
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Keihin » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:06 am

Thanks for reply JustinS83.

Any idea when this will be addressed?

I'm not a script writer, but I suspect a local script we use in Norway is broken because of this. And I'm considering to start investigating this myself.

Have a nice day!

--
Keihin
Keihin
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts