Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Post by moweez
cotero2002 wrote:Using the WME RA util with the current WME beta (v2.6-24) can't move the segments connected to the RA when you use the controls to re-position the RA and ends distorted. weird.
rotonda2.png
It is there in production too using latest version
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
thanks for the update and the great addition to change diameter! very very useful and working fine.

As it keeps the original creator, is it correct it is not the same as "redo" where it would be recreated?
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
JustinS83 wrote:
moweez wrote:
As it keeps the original creator, is it correct it is not the same as "redo" where it would be recreated?
Correct. This moves all of the nodes to s new location whereas TB's redo roundabout creates new segments
Even better! We didn't have that option before besides manually moving all nodes :lol:
thanks again!
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
AlObaili wrote:Hi, I have encountered this strange behavior when using the Junction In/Out feature:

I don't know if it's specific to this roundabout or not. Here's the PL: https://www.waze.com/ar/editor/?env=row ... 158&zoom=7

I don't know why it's happening, but it reoccured on several roundabouts today. It appears to apply to some but not all segments of a roundabout.

I made sure only this script is running and all my other scripts are disabled.
The 'bug' is already reported and Justin answered it is because the segments nodes are reversed compared to the others. In your link, the segment is from A to B, whereas the others connecting go from B to A.
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
Thanks for all the work. I'm happy with the new sleek lay-out, but also with the return of the moving nodes "in" and "out".

One more thing that is a minor disadvantage is the possibility to turn on and off "Enable Roundabout Angles". It moved inside the panel. In the old layout, it was very easy to check the angles without having to open the full panel. Saves clicks and space on screen. So I'd favour to return that as well.
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
:idea: Moving the toggle option back to the closed screen would save many clicks already
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
Rickendude wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:48 pm Hey.
This is an excellent point, but this is why we have JuBRA and now paths.
We should not rely solely on heuristics, especially since it smells like you might wanna change the angles (that should reflect reality) in order to meet these heuristics.

The correct way to do this here would be put JuBRA or paths and set manual overrides to ensure the behaviour you wish to have while accurately mapping reality.

This PL screams for JuBRA TBH!

Did a quick mapping to show what I mean (don't worry, I didn't save... :D)Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 15.58.28.png
 Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 16.00.35.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 16.00.50.png

The JBs and Paths are great but it would still be nice to know what angles trigger normal vs non-normal instructions at roundabouts. Equipped with this knowledge we will better know when to use the tools you mentioned. The script this post is about helps us with the instructions. @Rickendude Can you please share how the the instructions are calculated in the server/ client side. It seems like there is some kind of magic sauce that includes departure angle of the segment going out from the RA segment, the amount, of segments between the RA-in and RA-out segments, the angle of departure from the RA-in to the RA-out segments. You can see in the CC thread that there has been misunderstanding about the instructions for a while. 

The problem with not knowing what instructions are given without using JBRA is that when we map things we may not know if the JB is needed, which will cause problems down the line with poor instructions given to the Wazer.
Thanks.

ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by oldbeeg
Works wonderfully to move the RA.

With it running, though, edits wouldn't show to save, although when I clicked to close the browser, I got 'you're going to lose edits' box.
oldbeeg
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
B.G.
.https://imgur.com/6gKPCEq.png. https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/images/f/f9/ ... Rank_4.png.
"What's right isn't always popular, and what's popular isn't always right."
~ Albert Einstein

Post by oldbeeg
Disabling Toolbox did the trick. Thanks!
oldbeeg
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
B.G.
.https://imgur.com/6gKPCEq.png. https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/images/f/f9/ ... Rank_4.png.
"What's right isn't always popular, and what's popular isn't always right."
~ Albert Einstein